+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tera: Rep Guide and FAQ     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Tera: Rep Guide and FAQ

Ranks:
    Suspicious (3,000) > Wavering (9,000) > Neutral (12,000) > Favorable (15,000) > Friendly (20,000) > Trusted (25,000) > Revered (Max)

Vendor Items:

Reputation Group: City (Area)

Hyderad: Bastion (Veritas District)
    Silvervine Branch: Friendly+ 1500 credits
    Vale Starling Egg: Revered+ 1300 credits
    Perfectly Spherical Fruit: Revered+ 150 gold
    Endurance (4) and Max MP (176) crystals
    Ring: Raises max MP by 153 and increases healing done by 5%.

Invalesco: Pathfinder Post (Val Tirkai)
    Tirkai Grizzly Steak: Friendly+ 1500 credits
    Cyasma-Infused Leather: Revered+ 1300 credits
    Stiff Cowhide: Revered+ 150 gold
    Power (3) and Critical Resist (5) crystals
    Earring: Raises max HP by 3810

Valsekyr Hunt: Kanstria (Val Kaeli)
    Cowl Harness: Friendly+ 3500 credits
    Innerlid Leather: Revered+ 3000 credits
    Soft Fey Hair: Revered+ 150 gold
    Balance (3) and HP (2404) crystals
    Ring: Raises max MP by 153 and collects 1.5% addition aggro on target hit.

Shariar: Zulfikar Fortress (Helkan District)
    Supple Noruk Leather: Friendly+ 1500 credits
    Leadership Plume: Revered+ 1300 credits
    Downy Struthio Feather: Revered+ 150 gold
    Impact (2) and Critical Chance (2) crystals
    Ring: Raises max MP by 153 and inflicts an addition 1.5% damage on target hit.

Velika: Velika (Velika)
    Morpheutic Draught: Friendly+ 1500 credits
    Chebikan Cotton: Revered+ 1300 credits
    Popri Moppet: Revered+ 150 gold
    Attack speed (1%) crystals

Nexus: Zulfikar Fortress (Helkan District)
    Elderitch Leather: Revered+ 3500 credits
    Fire-Kissed Ruby: Revered + 3150 credits
    Inflict more damage to players (2%) and reduces damage from players (4%) crystals
    Nexus also has Tier 12 (Favorable) and Tier 13 (Friendly for , Revered for gold) armor and weapons sets.

Note: All earrings and rings from the reputation merchants are item level 147, have one crystal slot, and two unidentified effects.

Spoiler: show

Farming The Valsekyr Hunt in Val Kaeli:
    Spoiler: show

Best spot IMO. Plentiful pairs of weak trash with a named thrown in.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Just wondering what the best places to grind rep for as a) Slayer and b) Archer

Quote Originally Posted by Keshad View Post
    For the hunt? I ran through the 2 zones every 30mins to kill the named mobs and hit revered within 2 days along with doing all the quests in the area other then 1 BAM quest. A good spot is the middle of Argonea if you want to grind while waiting on the named's to spawn, there's a ramp there with 2-3 groups of soldiers on each platform you can kill very fast.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Keshad View Post
    See OP!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Where's a good place to do dailies or do rep for? I hit 60 a long time ago, and have nothing but the final story quests' gear (tier 12 unenchantables I think?). I mainly want to make good use of the rep and gold bonus from the elite status perks.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Step 1: Do pathfinder, allemanthea, cutthroat harbor, nexus dailies. Fill in any remaining with zulficar fortress to bring the total to 20. Do not hand them in.
    Step 2: Pop reputation boost @20-30 minutes past the hour in the middle of nexus and complete NT dungeon.
    Step 3: Pop quest gold boost and use your atlas to warp around turning in all dailies + NT quest.
    Step 4: Cackle like mad.

*For a total fresh 60; should grind out some yellow quests in the zone if you never did, or add bastion dailies into the mix if you come up short.

**On tuesdays + thursdays due to no nexus; you can do the pre quest strategy, pop boosts and turn in right before you log for that day. Following day log in and do as many quests as you can with your remaining time. This enables you to use a fresh boost for the entire nexus hour. Boosts do not accumulate if you dont use them.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Unless this patch has changed it, I'd actually advise against doing Nexus dailies unless you don't feel like doing another town's daily quests and happen to be doing Nexus. Or I guess it'd make sense to do it for rep or for the achievements... Ok, so maybe it makes sense for most people! XD

But, if you are maxed on rep and only doing it for the credits, it's not really worth it. Those dailies give you so few credits compared to what the items cost. The items cost like 10x as much as items from other factions (because you get a lot of credits closing nexuses and in NT), but their daily quests don't give any more than the other factions would. Meaning they suck for credits (unless it's changed?).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Thanks for the tips, Senji (and also the mod who moved my post).

When you guys are talking about Nexus dailies, which faction are you talking about? Agnitor?

I zipped around looking at their rewards, and it looks like Allemantheia, Cutthroat Harbor, and Agnitor are the only ones with tier 14 gear, but most are not enchantable. Should I go for those at all?

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The Rep/Gold Boost applies to the actual nexus nodes too (Phase 1/2/3, etc.). I pop my boosts and turn in all my dailies 10-15min before NT since people zone in at around :25-:30 anyway

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Anakron View Post
    Thanks for the tips, Senji (and also the mod who moved my post).

When you guys are talking about Nexus dailies, which faction are you talking about? Agnitor?

I zipped around looking at their rewards, and it looks like Allemantheia, Cutthroat Harbor, and Agnitor are the only ones with tier 14 gear, but most are not enchantable. Should I go for those at all?
    The Alle/cutthroat are new with f2p patch and have T14 intended to be the new fresh 60 starter pve gear/fodder. Pathfinder has powerful zyrks worth 300g each that sell fast. Zulficar/bastion has zyrks that are not quite as valuable, also former best in slot rings for dps/healers respectively.

Fresh 60's are bottlenecked by nexus agnitor reputation, veterans are bottlenecked the credits because of the non tradable equipment recipe mats typically.

Pre patch I only did the 5 pathfinder + 2 nexus. The other 3 only were filled in if bored. At ~100g a pop now though + the ease of the new ones, I'll do 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Senji View Post
    The Alle/cutthroat are new with f2p patch and have T14 intended to be the new fresh 60 starter pve gear/fodder. Pathfinder has powerful zyrks worth 300g each that sell fast. Zulficar/bastion has zyrks that are not quite as valuable, also former best in slot rings for dps/healers respectively.

Fresh 60's are bottlenecked by nexus agnitor reputation, veterans are bottlenecked the credits because of the non tradable equipment recipe mats typically.

Pre patch I only did the 5 pathfinder + 2 nexus. The other 3 only were filled in if bored. At ~100g a pop now though + the ease of the new ones, I'll do 20.
    How do I start the cutthroat/Alle ones or are they just Elite only? My map doesnt show green !'s in those areas.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    How do I start the cutthroat/Alle ones or are they just Elite only? My map doesnt show green !'s in those areas.
    A yellow quest in both areas at the daily location, to talk to a npc. Pops up automatically for a 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Senji View Post
    Step 1: Do pathfinder, allemanthea, cutthroat harbor, nexus dailies. Fill in any remaining with zulficar fortress to bring the total to 20. Do not hand them in.
    Step 2: Pop reputation boost @20-30 minutes past the hour in the middle of nexus and complete NT dungeon.
    Step 3: Pop quest gold boost and use your atlas to warp around turning in all dailies + NT quest.
    Step 4: Cackle like mad.

*For a total fresh 60; should grind out some yellow quests in the zone if you never did, or add bastion dailies into the mix if you come up short.

**On tuesdays + thursdays due to no nexus; you can do the pre quest strategy, pop boosts and turn in right before you log for that day. Following day log in and do as many quests as you can with your remaining time. This enables you to use a fresh boost for the entire nexus hour. Boosts do not accumulate if you dont use them.
    why complete NT? I feel like i'm missing something

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Thanks for posting this guide Senji.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    It doubles all quest rewards if both are popped. So NT quest will be 300 credits instead of 150, and the gold and rep rewards part too.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    The repeatable for NT is 1,500 rep (x2 with boost). As Senji mentioned, Agnitor rep is the bottleneck for a fresh 60 like me, and if you rely on the nexus-generated quests alone, you'll cap out on credits long before you ever hit revered.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

If I recall, when I first got my lancer to 60 and managed to hit Agnitor Revered, I wasn't even close to capping out on credits. Used to be the case when credits were capped at 6k though.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    If I recall, when I first got my lancer to 60 and managed to hit Agnitor Revered, I wasn't even close to capping out on credits. Used to be the case when credits were capped at 6k though.
    I may have exaggerated a little bit, but I just looked at my rep tab and I'm at 10430/20000 to trusted, so ~35k to revered where I can buy enigmatics, and I have 10481 credits. If I continue at this rate, I'll have around 19k credits when I hit revered.