Closed Thread
Page 18 of 647 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast
    2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Man, the hero worship is crazy here in MS. A dude I know cried when wong got eliminated at evo. cried. How does idolizing someone deter them from beating them?

There's a local player here who is a flocker tier player but can't afford to travel. Before his rl exploded on him he was top 20 on XBL and playing people like fanatiq and viscant regularly(Apparently if you beat Dios X online he will NEVER play you again, by the way. Found this out way before the pelicano thing) Now he's finally got his shit back and is grinding back up(i wanna say he's #53 now?) The last major he was able to attend was that one in atlanta i believe. He wrecked combofiend's shit. He's considered by many to be the best spiderman in the country and he's the most modest guy ever. Location doesn't make the player, but if Hyperdrive X were able to go to Super Arcade every thursday and get his tournament jitters gone and play online less, he'd be one of the best. Hopefully once he gets his shit back together(i wanna say a girl left him with a shitton of debt or something.) he'll be able to travel and wreck some stuff.

There's a bunch of up and comings in the south that don't get the chance to travel. LA has Gary with Glasses, MS has Hyperdrive X, AK has Ish.. Just sucks that they are all so spread apart.

At least gary went to evo. He was 1 combo away from putting chris g into losers.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

A BIG factor that you guys are leaving out with the Yipes thing:

Marvel 3 is 1000x more a game of randomness than Marvel 2. It is WAY too easy to win against a better opponent in that shit ass game.

Justin like didn't even make it out of pools at Final Round this year. That NEVER.....EVER....would have happened in Marvel 2.

Yipes is never going to be able to consistently make top 3 every major because of the GAME, not because his opponents are that much better than him.

Yes, the overall average player is much better due to Youtube and streams.

Yes, Marvel 3 is so scrub ass random that it hardly matters.

If it was Marvel 2 just coming out last year, regardless of Youtube, Yipes WOULD be placing top 3 at every tournament.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Don't forget that justin was using his iron fist team at final round. He's had a pretty rough year for marvel all things considered. Character crisis out the ass. His vergil was only a month old for evo.
    Marvel is extremely random, but there are players who consistently do better than yipes.
    3 out of 5 is helping the random factor though. the biggest thing for yipes is he needs to get involved more. Justin needs to get his ass to the runback more, too.

I personally don't think umvc3 is that random anymore, otherwise FChamp wouldn't be able to blow through pools up to top 8 without losing a single match.

But at this point, people already made their mind about the game, so I won't bother argue about it.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Fchamp seemed to work the hardest out of the bunch in preparation for it in my opinion. Dude was like a Chinese MMO gold farmer with UMvC3 for months before EVO.

He's a villain and all this other nonsense but he was the hungriest player in Marvel for EVO.

BG Level

In comparison to Marvel 2, yeah, there is no comparison (in terms of random factor). It is day and night.

There is a damn good reason like EVERY Marvel 2 vet hated the shit out of Marvel 3 and UMVC3 and have dropped off the face of the earth.

Soo Mighty / Matrix / SmoothViper / Yipes for a long time / Sanford / Chunksta / Chris S / Demon Hyo / I could go on forever / and ever

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

When a game gets updated, there's always going to be tons of people who don't convert. Look how long it took for korea to pick up SC2. Look at how many people still play CS 1.6. Just because its newer doesn't necessarily make it better, mvc2 is godlike. It's just different. Without newness shit gets stale after a while.

Remember when SF4 came out people hated the ultra combo mechanic, scrub friendly with the mashing uppercut, huge reversal window etc?

I think it turned out okay.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

When it came out it was worst game of all games. Ever.

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

does this mean hope for Super ultimate street fighter x tekken v 2014?!

No that game is doomed.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    Remember when SF4 came out people hated the ultra combo mechanic, scrub friendly with the mashing uppercut, huge reversal window etc?

I think it turned out okay.
    I still think Ultras are stupid and the reversal window is too big.

BG Level

On topic and hilarious, this was posted 2 minutes ago on Facebook by one of TN/Philly's best Marvel 2 players the last 10 years:

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...21067888_n.jpg

BG Level

Ultra are fine in SF4, but the way you gain them is obviously stupid. It should not be used as a comeback factor, but should be gained by the person actually winning. I know there is Super for that, but w/e.

Quote Originally Posted by Viq View Post
    I still think Ultras are stupid and the reversal window is too big.
    Just curious, what you think of KOF13's HD mode?

Edit: like.... while it may be hype, is this fair?

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Ultra are fine in SF4, but the way you gain them is obviously stupid. It should not be used as a comeback factor, but should be gained by the person actually winning. I know there is Super for that, but w/e.
    Without ultras we wouldn't have been able to see Daigo's super "Fuck over gamerbee" powers.

Also, I dunno, I think Ultras and supers balance eachother out. Someone lands an ultra on you, you get a ton of fucking meter, and you have to link ultras, and sometimes combos you can't land full animations and things like that. But I suck at opinions o this game so whatever.

Who cares about Yipes, what about marlin pizzile? I mean, wins Curleh 2/3, shadowloo showdown and then falls off the face of the earth.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Chun Liroy View Post
    what about marlin pizzile? I mean, wins Curleh 2/3, shadowloo showdown and then falls off the face of the earth.
    You must have missed my entire point -.- The reason for this type of thing is because the game is scrub-friendly as shit and is RANDOM as a mother. You can't even say for sure if X player will make it out of POOLS in this game for Christ's sake...

If you took X-Factor out of the game, lowered the damage overall, and then made combos about 8-10x more difficult, then you would have a game much similar to Marvel 2, and THEN Yipes and MarlinPie would be dominating the mother FK out of people.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

hm? he got beaten at evo by 2 keepaway teams (wasnt one of then frutsy?), still shows up to locals with new tech and crazy ass shit every week.

Also, what's "random" about marvel?

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    You must have missed my entire point -.- The reason for this type of thing is because the game is scrub-friendly as shit and is RANDOM as a mother. You can't even say for sure if X player will make it out of POOLS in this game for Christ's sake...

If you took X-Factor out of the game, lowered the damage overall, and then made combos about 8-10x more difficult, then you would have a game much similar to Marvel 2, and THEN Yipes and MarlinPie would be dominating the mother FK out of people.
    If you made combos 8-10x more difficult, then no one would land combos, people drop simple combos left and mother fucking right.

Also, I wasn't asking that sarcastically, I was asking that legitimately. Wtf happened to my dude

BG Level

Did you play Marvel 2 for 5-10 years? If so, you wouldn't need to ask that question, or shouldn't have to.

Closed Thread
Page 18 of 647 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast