Closed Thread
Page 645 of 647 FirstFirst ... 595 635 643 644 645 646 647 LastLast

Die-chan (Mitsuru) vs Chosen Ninja (Yukiko) match at 12 minute mark. JUST DO IT AMERICA DAT INSTANT KILL

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Viq View Post
    I think this screenshot of the awards ceremony (I didn't pay the $12, so you get a bad quality shot here) sums up my view on it. No other game that I saw had the other top finishers showing this level of respect to the winner. Is Gen cheap when played to the max? Probably. Doesn't mean you shouldn't respect someone who can take Gen to that level though.

I personally liked the amount of respect Tokido showed, really. He was up front with the clapping and stuff. Was cool to see. Not to mention Infiltration (who I hear is actually a really nice and cool dude, unlike Laugh who I've heard was a dick), Rog and everyone else.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

[link deleted]

AGE/PDP stuff now making the media channels. They're not saying if AGE is completely done or if they eliminated some of the positions.

Chris G has given his vague tweet on the subject now as well.

Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Gen is not cheap.....

His ex moves are shit compared to other characters which is why he saves super in the first place.

His wake up is susceptible to getting crossed up since his Gekiro does not auto correct. His stun and vitality values are identical to Evil Ryu.

XIAN leveled up, he outfootsied his opponents, well mostly Tokido. I think maybe Sako, Haitani and Infiltration where probably the only players in the top 8 highly familiar with the match up.

Its also amazing Xian has not played Dieminion because Gen gets destroyed by Guile.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Tokido had no fucking idea what was going on in that matchup. I wouldn't even call it getting out footsied, he just simply had no idea what to do (throwing air fireballs against a Gen with meter has been a no-no since Vanilla).

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Nah Gen is cheap as shit, did you not just see him win EVO?

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Gen is extremely cheap if played correctly, for sure. Kim1234, JWong, and I think Floe(?) were streaming from LA before they left for Vegas and they were all talking about how the Gens in the Japanese arcades were the most despised players because of how broken the character is.
    Please, tell me why he is cheap instead of parroting some old tweets/conversations of other players

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

I played a set with Xian and lost 3-1 at CEO and I never felt like his Gen was overpowering. You just need to know how to fight his angles. I played a really good Gen player in tournament and won too. And this was with Dudley, who sucks.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Tokido had no fucking idea what was going on in that matchup. I wouldn't even call it getting out footsied, he just simply had no idea what to do (throwing air fireballs against a Gen with meter has been a no-no since Vanilla).

This, he got hit by that at least 3 times iirc

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    Please, tell me why he is cheap instead of parroting some old tweets/conversations of other players
    That said, his 300-foot reaching overhead can eat a dick lol

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Almost half of my loses on my card in Japan was to -R- and Gen players for the same reason Kim1234 posted on Twitter today. I don't have to relist it since you can click and read.

I don't think he is overpowered to call for a nerf, but he is safe as hell.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It's a mix of Tokido not knowing the match up at all as well as Xian just playing a solid Gen game. We shouldn't deny the guy that he played solidly.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

wrong thread

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsuko Stark
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by shidobu View Post
    das pretty naiz i know warcs gonna need new underwear
    when you are right you're right.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Actually technically shouldn't we all be in EVO 2014 thread now? Someone make a thread.

I'm with Welt on this one, Gen is dumb as hell. He's like a mini-Cammy with pretty awesome footsie normals and when he knocks you down good luck blocking the nonsense. His DP, while not great, is basically never punished fully even by top players, your best bet is to just fierce him out of the air or something. If you lose the first round welp now he has super into ultra its basically guaranteed loss. I already mentioned how Sako dominated Xian on the ground but lost after the one knockdown, after that he just forced the super. I would say the only thing that really sucks for him is the unsafe hands on hit.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

How often did Xian vortex anyone to death? Even when he has meter stocked, he has to out footsie you to go into Super, unless he lands a random jump in. Gen isn't half the 'bully' Cammy is. She can almost force her way in and keep pressure up even when you know it's coming. Gen has to work for that first knock down, and even when he get it, he doesn't have any guaranteed pressure.

Even if you nerfed his Super damage, his overall damage output already sucks and all of his combos scale like crazy.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

So.. from this thread right now... If Makoto won evo.. everyone here would be saying that she's cheap and should be nerfed because she won evo not matter how well the person behind the character played against really powerful characters and players?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kelenae View Post
    So.. from this thread right now... If Makoto won evo.. everyone here would be saying that she's cheap and should be nerfed because she won evo not matter how well the person behind the character played against really powerful characters and players?
    No.