FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Final Fantasy XV (still rumor for now)

http://www.gameranx.com/img/12-Jul/ffxv.JPG

GamesMaster UK has another tip from their Square Enix source, this time detailing some of the things gamers can expect from Final Fantasy XV. Although GamesMaster UK was initially wrong about the unveiling of FFXV at E3, they are adamant about the validity of their source.

Here's what the source had to say:

- Including the concept planning and pre-production phase, the game has already been in development for over 4 years.

- It entered full production in January 2010, a month after FFXIII was released in Japan. Since then it has had a development team of just over 200 people.

- The director is the same person who directed FFVI, FFIX and FFXII, Hiroyuki Ito.

- The co-director led a small part of the development team to make Tactics Ogre for the PSP in parallel with FFXV. He’s currently multi-tasking as lead UI designer of FFXIV 2.0 and co-director of FFXV.

- The game design and battle system will be a major evolution of FFXII.

- The game will be open world and have sprawling, crowd-filled cities on par with Assassin’s Creed.

- The battle system now allows you to target different parts of an enemy’s body like in Vagrant Story.

- Yoichi Wada (president of Square Enix) wants the game to have a world scale and volume of content that surpasses The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. He also wants the game to surpass FFVII in worldwide sales and critical reception.

- Will release on all major current gen platforms.

Open world Final Fantasy. It's like Square Enix has been reading my diary. Hopefully these rumors will end up being true, but I guess only time will tell.
    http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/8...be-open-world/

Interesting, no?

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

- The director is the same person who directed FFVI, FFIX and FFXII, Hiroyuki Ito.
    I was sold here.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Since that's the same logo used in the XV hoax from a while back, it's worth mentioning that this isn't re-hashing the hoax (from what I can tell), and it does specifically say "The logo used above is fan-made."

I was about to respond with "This is old hoax bullshit" after seeing that logo, but I took a closer look just in case.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by hey View Post
    I was sold here.
    ^ This

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Since that's the same logo used in the XV hoax from a while back, it's worth mentioning that this isn't re-hashing the hoax (from what I can tell), and it does specifically say "The logo used above is fan-made."

I was about to respond with "This is old hoax bullshit" after seeing that logo, but I took a closer look just in case.
    Yep I was thinking the same thing when I stumbled onto the site.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The game design and battle system will be a major evolution of FFXII.

The director is the same person who directed FFVI, FFIX and FFXII, Hiroyuki Ito.

The battle system now allows you to target different parts of an enemy’s body like in Vagrant Story.
    My money is theirs.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Open world FF? Funny because I've recently been hunting down and playing open world RPGs. Hopefully it'll deliver but I'm a bit wary of SE at the moment.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

- The game design and battle system will be a major evolution of FFXII.

- The game will be open world and have sprawling, crowd-filled cities on par with Assassin’s Creed.

- The battle system now allows you to target different parts of an enemy’s body like in Vagrant Story.
    If all of this is true...
    http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7772p6K0Z1qdq433.jpg

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

That sounds way too good to be true. I mean, good god. As long as we don't see the copy/paste crap that comes with a lot of open world games, I'll be ecstatic.

WANT (if everything above is true)

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

i've always wanted open world FF..

if true...

..altho this is a moot point because i buy and play all main series FFs anyway

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Via Gamefaqs user Galvanization

The logo used above is fan-made.
    C'mon people...

Open world... NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM. Missed the whole concept of an open world since IX.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Wait... 9 counts as "open world"? I don't think simply having a world map classifies as such.

Ridill
    BG Level

Too much good stuff.
    No way its true. I hope to God it is, but the pessimist in me says no way in hell.
    Especially with a hardcore japanese company such as Square Enix trying to compare something it's doing to a western rpg like Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Wait... 9 counts as "open world"? I don't think simply having a world map classifies as such.
    Did you run around the world map and eventually get an airship that could go around? And Chocobos? Been so long maybe I'm thinking of the wrong game.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Sounds delish.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Did you run around the world map and eventually get an airship that could go around? And Chocobos? Been so long maybe I'm thinking of the wrong game.
    Yeah, but you still zoned into town and other zones. My concept of what "open world" means is a fuzzy one, so I could be wrong, but I assumed it meant you could just be walking along and, oh, there's a town, I'm walking inside, and the appearance doesn't change from a 2-inch icon on a map into a full-blown city.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

my idea of open world by modern standards is a sandbox. we're no longer bogged by graphic or space limitations to express detail to the rest of the world than to leave it to points of highlight only...

personally I've always thought an FF-styled RPG version of Just Cause 2 would be superb.

Gotcha. I just considered an open world(in FF terms) the world map. I didn't think of it outside of the FF box.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast