1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 1 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 0 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 9 hours, 1 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I'm a firm believer of time/resources over plot. I don't think we're going to see massive, sweeping changes in most of the towns simply because of how much work it would take vs. how much they've already done. If anything, I'd look towards what WoW did with their CoT instance areas, and, for a more direct FF relation, what SE did with WotG's capital cities. I hope their design teams can keep up with the promises that their big, sweeping plot is making.

With the way SE's handled themselves over the last few years, I've become a firm believer of the mantra "if they haven't done it yet, they probably won't do it ever."

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Dalamud gets close to the planet. The aetherstream bursts and slowly eats it up. Explosion of aether/Dalamud covers Eorzea. Somehow this causes the tunnels of the shroud to become open areas.

Staff Roll from FFVII plays, you create your character for 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    http://images.wikia.com/ff14/images/..._Dhona_Map.jpg

For some reason, on the big Eorzea map they mark Silvertear Falls but not Silvertear Lake. idk why

There's a few NPCs who mention the Falls so I'm assuming they're just famous (but considering what happened to the Lake--wtf); Silvertear Falls looks like it's just out of our reach, iirc the bottom of the cliff around that area in Mor Dhona is green instead of weird purple.

that said, as a friend said: lol1.0lore&maps

my favourite theory of the 1.0->2.0 jump is the "we're using the Echo and then using the Echo within the Echo" cuz it makes me laugh at the absurdity of it all before i realize i'm pretending to slay giant dodo birds with a gas problem and fucked up living flowers that float and are ugly
    I assumed the Falls emptied into the Lake, or rather did back then, and when referring to the Falls now people are just talking about the cliffs that they used to flow over.

I can't figure where else they'd be unless there's supposed to be a different zone squeezed in somewhere between Coerthas and Mor Dhona.

Also I didn't realize there was any debate over the fact that meteor was gonna impact, I thought SE said in no uncertain terms that it was going to and it would have effects on the world at large. The manner of impact is pretty easy to guess, we're probably gonna do something or other to keep it from completely destroying everything but it's still gonna happen and shit's gonna go down (like I said before, à la VII and XIII).

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Also I didn't realize there was any debate over the fact that meteor was gonna impact, I thought SE said in no uncertain terms that it was going to and it would have effects on the world at large. The manner of impact is pretty easy to guess, we're probably gonna do something or other to keep it from completely destroying everything but it's still gonna happen and shit's gonna go down (like I said before, à la VII and XIII).
    I cannot think of a single official quote that states in no uncertain terms that Dalamud will actually strike Eorzea. Though if you're equating this to VII, technically that meteor didn't touch down either. I can't speak for anyone else, but when I say the meteor won't strike Eorzea, I'm even counting a FFVII-style deflector-shield as a non-strike. That's up to interpretation, I guess.

I think the most interesting theory I've heard regarding Dalamud is that it's a prison which contains Odin, but I guess that has nothing to do with whether or not it will collide with Eorzea.

Good King Moggle Mog will sacrifice himself to save us all ~♪

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    hahahaha i lol'd a bit too hard at this

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I wouldn't be surprised about some sort of stasis story, where the three main cities are put into stasis until eoreza recovers from the impact of dhalmund(sp,fuck u). Those not caught in the stasis would have a shitty time of it, beast men, garlean, etc. but wouldn't necessarily be wiped out completely. And when the cities came out of stasis the world had evolved without them, new cities, new monsters, new plants, things to mine, etc. yet still enough of the old familiar stuff ala v. 1.0

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    Dalamud gets close to the planet. The aetherstream bursts and slowly eats it up. Explosion of aether/Dalamud covers Eorzea. Somehow this causes the tunnels of the shroud to become open areas.

I have a feeling this isn't actually as far off what's going to happen as you might think. We know Dalamud is absorbing aether (shown in the post-defeat garuda CS), we know there is a lot of crystal underground which contains aether. We know in 2.0 there are a lot of large crystal structures coming out of the ground, and some concept art even shows an aetherite glowing red and being uprooted from the ground, having to be chained down to stop it flying off or whatever. We know the crystal tower is somehow going to emerge from the ground.

Seems likely that the 'crystal sleeping in darkness' (underground) is going to emerge and probably stop Dalamud or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I cannot think of a single official quote that states in no uncertain terms that Dalamud will actually strike Eorzea. Though if you're equating this to VII, technically that meteor didn't touch down either. I can't speak for anyone else, but when I say the meteor won't strike Eorzea, I'm even counting a FFVII-style deflector-shield as a non-strike. That's up to interpretation, I guess.

I think the most interesting theory I've heard regarding Dalamud is that it's a prison which contains Odin, but I guess that has nothing to do with whether or not it will collide with Eorzea.

Good King Moggle Mog will sacrifice himself to save us all ~♪
    I'll be fucked if I'm gonna go looking for specific quotes but that's the gist I got especially with the meteor impact concept art and the cutscene screenshots we've seen of it coming down. Comparing it to FF7's meteor I meant that it's most likely going to come down just not in full force because of something we're gonna do about it to mitigate the damage, it's going to change things rather than just obliterate them.

And yea, there's obviously more to Dalamud than just a big rock, we know it was created and launched by the Allagans to get rid of some bad mojo and that's why, aside from being a goddamn meteor, even the Garleans weren't 100% behind the plan.

Darnus is clearly obsessed/possessed by something/someone that wants Dalamud back in a bad way and he's convinced the rest of the empire it's gonna solve the beastmen/primal problem as well. In the main scenario we were supposed to be getting the beastmen who worship/summon the primals on our side to help repel the empire, the GC missions kinda diverted that to the ole alliance of nations thing we're all familiar with. I'm wondering if there's gonna be a twist where it turns out that by subduing the primals all this time we've inadvertently been helping the empire.

Tbh I just hope they don't sweep the empire under the rug, I very much like the idea of a human enemy with the gods/primals/etc being a part of the setting rather than active players in the game (thus far in the XIV pantheon there's no good guys or bad guys and I hope it stays that way). It's kind of hard to keep up on ongoing conflict with another nation perpetually in an MMO environment while still bringing about a degree of closure, but I hope they figure a way to do it.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I think it's pretty clear the Garlaens will still be around (concept art for 2.0 etc) and tbh I can see them keeping up the conflict for a while at the very least, especially if they keep this "storyline only available for this year!" thing, which is something I actually rather enjoy as it allows the game to change. In XI, you literally can't do some shit because it doesn't make sense; read: we killed the leader of Jeuno and it's been 400 years, what the fuck? Somehow, if there was a thing in XI where you could only kill the leader of Jeuno for a year or two, and then everything in the game would switch to him being dead as canon it'd make me happier.

I also hope tomorrow's maintenance is for 1.23

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

At this point I've just come to assume that Dalamud is actually Odin, or Odin is the essence of Dalamud that Darnus is talking to.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    I also hope tomorrow's maintenance is for 1.23
    All Worlds Maintenance (Jul. 25)

At the following time, we will be performing maintenance on FINAL FANTASY XIV to implement patch 1.23. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV will be unavailable.
    You're in luck! It is 1.23

Also, yeah, the Garleans aren't going anywhere. We'll likely be putting a nail in Van Darnus' coffin, but not the Empire itself. Minor spoilers from the latest round of Grand Company missions: It's been established in the lore that he's not exactly following orders from the head of the Empire (Emperor?) anyway.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Edit: Ninja beat

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Aratharn View Post
    http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_leopn8nVHL1qdzpfe.gif

I hope there's more to the patch than the Legatus battle and Skirmish too!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

There's not too much, but yeah, some other stuff is added too, you can look it up here:
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/111...XX-(06-21-2012)

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

The conclusion to this chapter in FFXIV... Cannot fucking wait.

Or rather the start of the conclusion. I'm sure the ending will be drawn out across 1.23a/b/c patches.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Taisaijin
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Aren't magitek armor mounts coming somewhere in 1.23?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by blindSharingan View Post
    Aren't magitek armor mounts coming somewhere in 1.23?
    Doubtful. I haven't heard anything regarding those in a while, so they're likely a 2.0 thing. Would be a pretty bad-ass 'You completed FFXIV 1.0, now please wait until the servers go down' reward though.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Dalamud is an artificial satelite that is a prison for "sin". So yeah likely it contains Odin. They've also attempted to pull it down before but stopped because they couldn't control where it was going to land. This time they don't care.

Regardless of whether or not Dalamud actually crashes into the planet, it will "land" somewhere and destroy the face of the planet

We will see with our own eyes the world and the three city states being destroyed before it is all over.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Dalamud is going two ways

#1 its going to smash into the planet and we'll start playing 300+ years into the future

#2 it's like ffvii and is a ball of life stream when it hits the impact does damage but Dalamud then sends life energy through the planet to revive its somewhat savaged state

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

#3 It cracks open and spills its Cadbury creme filling allllllllll over us.