1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 34 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 14 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 19 hours, 34 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by blindSharingan View Post
    Well I cant say for sure but i don't think that's correct. In one of our failed attempts we killed the golems immediately and had the blms burn meteors but didn't realize the tank/dd needed to go fight darnus up top and the meteors kept raining down until the blms ran out of mp and we died. So I'm fairly certain the length of that phase is based on his hp.
    Hmm, maybe the WAR from the video I posted was just holding the golems then. They also had a DRG/MNK/BRD on Nael deus Darnus rather than our DRG/PLD combo, so that could explain the difference in duration as well. The duration could have potentially gone down even more if they just slept the golems and sent the WAR up to Nael as well.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tomino View Post
    Question to those who posted certain spoilers... Are they revealed after the Legatus battle?
    i scoured the intarwebz for videos of the quest series. celeras's vid is the best available. you can see in his unending journey there are like 7 (+1) cutscenes and the last one he's seen selecting is #6, so either #7 is there and he edited out the part where he replays it, or theres 1 more scene

edit: there was also a jp youtube clip i saw earlier today but somehow thats no longer there

If someone has a map/overhead shot, I can draw up the guide

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

OMG TRAVEL THRU TIME!

edit: see my thread. 2.0 trailer up! @_@

I'll just boss mode this mspaint/powerpoint

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The tank eats Dynamo but no one else should then, right?

it wont hit him, if it doesn't hit the mage's when he's at the tank, it wont hit the tank when hes at the mages. you can always move up though to be safe, there's no harm in it as it is the only move he will do

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    The tank eats Dynamo but no one else should then, right?
    No, Lunar Dynamo has a "safe zone" within a certain radius from Nael. Iron Chariot Damages close-in, Lunar Dynamo damages far out.

man it's late, I fucked that up and im not gonna edit it. Just know that while it changes nothing as far as strategy, the two safe zones have their ability labels backwards.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

We had 2 BLMs staying up top in our last 2 attempts and he never went after them with his 9999 attacks. He probably does only if you end up on top of his hate list and you're too far away.

We saw him port up for no reason a few times during our shittier attempts. I would assume it only happens when he isn't bringing meteors down, as you have a valid reason to be there otherwise

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This was during the second phase btw, and he never left the tank at all. I'm guessing BLMs had little to no hate.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

There was a case of Nael teleporting to the top and one-shotting a BLM and then when he teleported back down to keep using Fierce Ravensbeak. It was again when the BLM went up before Meteors (way before) and he shouldn't of had any hate as I can't recall him casting on Nael whatsoever in phase2 (this was also ridiculously early in phase2) in which case if what you say is true I can only assume the BLM popped an ability or something I guess to get on the hate list which caused Nael to go batshit insane

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

That's odd. I don't think we ever saw Fierce Ravensbeak after the first attempt where we had no clue what we were doing. We also made sure our tank was the first to do anything before engaging.

i'd bet 20m FFXI money (or monopoly, whichever has more value) that it's entirely to do with being up there when he's not doing his meteor thing. if you fight him properly and dont gimp around getting whacked by dynamo, he is perpetually casting meteors down so it isnt as noticeable. if you fight it slow and let him heal, he will absolutely port up there and start face raping people

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    i'd bet 20m FFXI money (or monopoly, whichever has more value) that it's entirely to do with being up there when he's not doing his meteor thing. if you fight him properly and dont gimp around getting whacked by dynamo, he is perpetually casting meteors down so it isnt as noticeable. if you fight it slow and let him heal, he will absolutely port up there and start face raping people
    Our last attempt was full of people getting hit by Dynamo and healing him up so that's not the case. I'd go with "BLMs didn't act on Nael at all" but I'm not even sure of that. All I know is that they were on those platforms nuking meteors for 20 minutes.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    If that's the one that takes you to Castrum Novum you're one mission behind.
    How many people do I need for this battle? Having difficulty finding a group for it. That's what happens when you get behind with content.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If it's United We Stand you need a good group. Good one at that :<

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah if it's United We Stand you need a full party.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just won, I'm slightly disappointed I guess because I was expecting more cutscenes but I suppose we'll see more in the next lettered patches.
    Fight was great though, can't wait to see how crazy the Hard version is

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast