1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 11 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 12 hours, 31 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 4 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 5 hours, 31 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

My reaction above.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Croy View Post
    Think they only complaint I have is it seems it was released too early, they said they wanted to wait till mid august and now decided to show it anyways without anything else to accompany it. We still might get stuff later this weekend though, and its nice to get a more functional site up and running. I do have some disappointment but its actually kind of obvious why they decided to release now instead of later. It looks like it was to coincide with 1.23 launch and little else. Almost everything in the trailer was FMV before and during the fall of Dalamud, the stuff current players are in route to experiencing now. I think there was like 2 scenes in that trailer that was FMV from the new world, the plains scene with the chocobos and of course the behemoth scene at the end. And yeah the complaint is legitimate, I am seeing it on several regular gaming forums that are not impressed in the least with the first moving thing they showed is pure FMV trailer, hell the original teaser trailer for FFXIV at least had a mix of in game scenes (but only cut scenes) mixed with the opening FMV so it gave something for people to look forward to visually while playing.

Anyways I'm not disappointed in getting something new, and its nice to get confirmation on what is going to happen to use before the 1.0 game servers shut down. Time to wait for the next update and hope it comes out soon. :0
    We agree. When the real meat and potatoes comes out, I'll be hungrily digging in with everyone else, but we've seen this before. I want a different appetizer, no matter how pretty the plating of this one is (and for the record, that behemoth screenshot usurped the City Wok screenshot from the South park game on my desktop, so you know I'm digging how it looks).

@Drwaffles: Its fine. I let it roll off my back. I do this not to make forum friends, but in hopes that those in SE who read the forums (and they do) will attempt to make changes in the company. This is a powerful forum, and one that can make great changes in companies; Sono being able to hook up interviews and Q&A sessions attests to that fact. I didn't want XIV to flop, even though I called it and knew it would, and I don't want this to flop. Iwant to play my fucking Kain clone and enjoy it, but I'm not paying for a sub-par product; especially when we all know that they can do better.

@Odin: I think that's the issue. Not all of us can even agree on that.

The voice over in that trailer seems odd, besides that nice trailer.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    The voice over in that trailer seems odd, besides that nice trailer.
    Using the same guy from the Seekers of Adoulin reveal, really hope they find someone new for the rest of them. His narration has no subtly, in fact the voice fluctuation comes across as unbelievably forced and it sounds like a fan-made trailer (Hell a lot of fans can probably fake more subtly then that...), I'd rather have the floating words we got in almost all the other trailers to depict what he is saying then have to hear the words come across like that. But yeah they got rid of the voice the trailer would be a lot better and more atmospheric, right now it comes across as almost comical.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

They should just auto tune it

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    They should just auto tune it
    Please god no. I'd rather it be chiptuned (would be pretty badass, really) than auto tuned.

A. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Odin'sLaw View Post
    can we all agree it was a beautifully stunning trailer but we are bored with (opening cs only)?
    This is the only point of view I even half-way agree with.
    Yeah it looks nice. Yeah it doesn't really matter. You're all very smart for saying the same thing for 2 years straight.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by drwaffles View Post
    Except he was the one who got jumped on for voicing a perfectly legitimate concern. The trailer is not 'awesome' - it's CGI bullshit and I question the intellect of anyone who has any reaction to it other than 'Christ, not this meaningless shit again.' There's absolutely sod-all to be excited about until they show something substantial.
    We all knew what the trailer was about months ago, it was a legitimate complaint back then but it's not anymore.
    And I'm more interested in the story bits rather than the trailer itself so my intellect is just fine. The whole trailer would've had a whole different impact if I had cleared the new mission before seeing it but whatever.
    Knowing that Dalamud will actually hit and we're gonna be teleported into the future is a twist most weren't expecting so that's the cool part of the trailer if you want. Oh and I have already seen people getting interested in the game simply because of the Magitek Armor and the Behemoth shot at end.
    Oh and he wasn't "jumped on", my first post wasn't quoting anyone but he decided to keep going anyway because he has the right to enter every single news topic and decide the fate of the world for some reason.
    It's been 2 years and I'm sure most are just tired of reading the same complaints over and over again.
    And that's it, don't bother replying or anything and just let this discussion move on.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

can we some how get SE to have Steven blum as the FF's full time mr voice over?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Now that we got those complaints out of the way I actually find intriguing the direction the game is going with a jump to the future. Maybe that will tie into some of the perks Yoshida mentioned when he first announced 2.0 about giving something visually to tell people we survived the Seventh Umbral Era. All new characters are new adventurers in a reborn world but characters made before launch get a special opening sequence where you return from stasis and are greeted by the current population. Basically special tutorials for returning players and different tutorials for completely new players.

Exactly, the trailer pretty much explained what happens after the end of this story which is a nice bit.
    This is something they will most likely show as a TV commercial and as such it needs to make impact quickly and on all sorts of audience. People who never played an MMO including.
    Soon enough we will see gameplay and other crap.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Odin'sLaw View Post
    can we some how get SE to have Steven blum as the FF's full time mr voice over?
    Steve Blum can voice anything he wants to. I'm still swooning over him for his depiction of Taskmaster.

Little Mother
    BG Level

That Lalafell WHM is so adorable.

Still waiting for gameplay though.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Knowing that Dalamud will actually hit and we're gonna be teleported into the future is a twist most weren't expecting so that's the cool part of the trailer if you want.
    Did it actually hit? All I saw was peew peew, but I had to watch it in a damn small window at work, so I had a hard time telling what was going on. I can't actually watch it fullscreen for another couple hours.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Considering that we were essentially encased in a bubble and warped the fuck out, I'ma make the rational assumption that that shit fell and fell hard.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Trailer was neat, but yeah, need gameplay elements and some more info. All I've really seen XIV do is transform into XI, and for me that's a bad thing.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Hope it turns out to be epic.

Trailer was underwhelming for me. Things happened so quickly I had a hard time of making out the action. That and I'm a bit disappointed there wasn't any actual in-game footage woven into it. Here's to hoping we don't have to wait until 2.0 beta to see some actual gameplay.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by A bunch of people
    Less pretty cutscenes, more game footage
    Pretty please?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Did Yoshi ever mention that the combat would be sped up a little bit in Ver.2.0?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast