1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 37 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 15 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 18 hours, 37 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Shuichi View Post
    Did Yoshi ever mention that the combat would be sped up a little bit in Ver.2.0?
    Yes, can't remember which interview after E3 but he said the combat would feel faster then it is now and have new combo paths, abilities and the addition of the renovated battle regimen for party based large scale attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuichi View Post
    Did Yoshi ever mention that the combat would be sped up a little bit in Ver.2.0?
    Yes he did actually say it would be sped up alot, in a recent interview.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

trailer was pretty sweet, looking forward to more information. Gonna be disappointed if there's not a Demolition Man '3 seashells' reference in 2.0

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

I was expecting a trailer with in game footage but I guess I shouldn't have expected that from SE.

Nevertheless, visually awesome CGI trailer.

Nut Steamer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

It's not that the trailer sucked, but after realizing that theres not gona be any ingame footage I couldn't help but to lol at the Behemoth... underwhelming. Oh well, fingers crossed.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

The trailer was good except for the voice over... how did that get approved over at SE?

lol@ Lucavi ban

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Volken View Post
    The trailer was good except for the voice over... how did that get approved over at SE?
    lol my theory is they just had whoever at the office do the VO. Tight budget and such

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'm not even sure why the FFXI seeker's and this trailer were in English, aren't they produced in japan and the office in the U.S. just does translations? Why didn't they give the voice over in Japanese and give us the subtitles? You can't tell if someone is a bad voice actor if you don't speak their language natively, which is probably why the JP production team let this guy do the job.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Trailer was TOTALLY SWEET, but not helpful. However, website was even less so. I clicked on "INFO, GAME" because I was curious about game mechanics, etc.

GAME

"The life of an adventurer is the pursuit of fortune and the pursuit of fame. It is the devotion of oneself to seeking out danger and glory wherever they might lie. It is an endless quest taken up only by the most intrepid and dauntless of souls.

The term came into popular use among the people of Eorzea little more than a decade ago. Left idle by the onset of the Age of Calm, a leading mercenary officer gathered to his side a number of trusted companions, and together they formed a guild dedicated to the common cause of aiding the realm at large. Outside the modest station of their humble beginnings, a simple sign hung for all to see - Adventurers' Guild.

The Adventurers' Guild has since spread, and can now be found in each of the realm's great nations. It is here that Eorzeans come with their myriad pleas and requests, and here that adventurers heed the call, whether it be the slaying of some foul beast plaguing the countryside, or the crafting of fine wares demanding a master's touch.

What greatness lies in store for you, adventurer?"

....Makes me wanna flip fucking tables.

Gee, aren't you guys glad that they didn't show this trailer at E3?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by MutamixBubblypots View Post
    Gee, aren't you guys glad that they didn't show this trailer at E3?
    Totally. The reaction would have been much more indignant.

Doesn't excuse them though. Just like telling reviewers at launch to "hold off on reviewing for a bit" because the game was very crappy doesn't excuse that it was very crappy. (Not continuing to bash further.)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This trailer does answer some questions but it also raises new ones...

Spoiler: show
    So we killed Nael and stopped Dalamud... and now the Garleans reactivate it somehow? Why?
    The Black Wolf even told us to stop Nael's plan because he doesn't want to destroy Eorzea and then he simply decides that he doesn't care and goes on with the plan? Unless whoever is on Dalamud starts controlling him as well... guess we have to wait for the lettered patches.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Yeah, I am glad they held this off from E3, SE has built up some momentum with 14, the national press would have absolutely crushed them had they shown this on such a global stage.

Now for the trailer itself, it was interesting, its nice to know what happens to the "heroes". SE always puts out A+ FMV's, I'm just waiting to see gameplay before I buy into that 2.0 hype. For what it is worth, I did like the trailer, that is the chaos I've been wanting to see from day 1, not fighting dodo's for 20-30+ levels then rats, etc.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    This trailer does answer some questions but it also raises new ones...

So we killed Nael and stopped Dalamud... and now the Garleans reactivate it somehow? Why?
    The Black Wolf even told us to stop Nael's plan because he doesn't want to destroy Eorzea and then he simply decides that he doesn't care and goes on with the plan? Unless whoever is on Dalamud starts controlling him as well... guess we have to wait for the lettered patches.
    May contain mision spoiler:
    We stoped Nael but we didn't sop dalamud. When Nael "dies" Dalamud (atomos) absorbs him. Nael only acted as puppet and if i had to speculate i would say there is a "shadow lord" controling in the shadows. Like FF11 wings of godeness expansion.
    So now we have the scenario (untill 2.0) where we try to stop dalamud, we epic fail and gandalf.. er Lousise sends us to future. Although why not past again? The "shadow lord" is the emperor? duh

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Fucking time travel

Would be mad if I didn't get crafting hats this patch

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

So like the trailer is just parts of the new opening CG right? Are they going to get sent to the future or the past?

I can see why they were embarrassed to show this at E3.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Trailer was sweets. Ashamed to say I would have been more pants shat if the behemoth at the end was replaced with a chick in the Magitek Armor next to "Final Fantasy VI HD" but for the real world this trailer was amazing. Looking forward to seeing some new gameplay. Hopefully the gameplay trailer isnt Thunder - Thundara - Thundaga over and over repeated for like 3 hours >0<;
    I have faith!

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm confused, why would the national press have destroyed the trailer if shown @ e3?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Am I the only one who prefers a CG video for a launch trailer?

Yeah, I want some gameplay videos too but for an announcement trailer it would feel very anticlimactic. What you want here is something epic to demonstrate the story and scope of the world, not "This is how the new UI looks! Whoopie!"

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

We all knew there was a purely-CGI trailer floating around and now we finally saw it. Not sure why anyone expected otherwise. This venue wasn't going to be the first you hear or see of in-game 2.0 footage.

P.S. <3 the clip of Ul'dah getting blown to shit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast