1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 11 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 12 hours, 22 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 4 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 5 hours, 22 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Nama View Post
    I thought that Yoshi said that your progress towards relic will be saved come 2.0 not that quest itself will necessarily be remain unchanged. I Could be wrong about that but I just don't remember an exact quote saying it the quest will not be changed.
    He said that the quest will mostly stay as it is, even confirming Ifrit Extreme staying in the game. Either wat he confirmed raids are not going away.

"The Garleans in the dungeons are now undead zombie garleans"

Wow, that was hard.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    "The Garleans in the dungeons are now undead zombie garleans"

Wow, that was hard.
    Al the magitek devices need to go because they're all linked to the 7th Umbral Era storyline. Most complained about raids being too similar anyway so they likely took notes and are changing stuff accordingly.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm an achievement whore in this game for some reason, so if anyone else on Durandal wants to eventually get some of these out of the way before 2.0, hit me uuuup~

Pretty much just need the Amal'jaa and Kobold NMs for "Bane of the Tribes." The rest is going to be just spamming Behest...

A. Body
    BG Level

Only cheevo I wanted was the one that gives "the Sword of Thanalan" title. I got that and I beat the final fight. I had a dream about exploring and getting all the aetherites, but FUCK LASTHOLD. Unless they add more story crap, I'm done with this game until 2.0

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

I'd like to get the Amal'jaa one, Mio, but I've given up on getting behest/levequest camp achievements. Not worth the time.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Can get between 3-4 behests done while doing the 20 leve achievements at each camp, depending on how focused you are (I imagine most people watch movies/series/alt-tab while doing these <.<).

I craft at the camps after picking up local leves, then I do behest when it's up. Can also slip behests in between dungeon/primal runs if you keep track of the clock. If you're doing hamlets for seals, all the porting back and forth doesn't really matter.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eagleheart Hellsbane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by LD View Post
    Only cheevo I wanted was the one that gives "the Sword of Thanalan" title. I got that and I beat the final fight. I had a dream about exploring and getting all the aetherites, but FUCK LASTHOLD. Unless they add more story crap, I'm done with this game until 2.0
    Do you have Paladin leveled, or know a friend who has? Or White Mage for that matter, a pair of white mages with POM/Raise can get anywhere. (o.O ) Duo'd every aetheryte in the game before Jobs came out. It just requires throwing bodies at the problem a couple dozen times!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I only encountered 3 50+ aggro monsters on my way to Lasthold. I'm not sure why you pick that one out of the bunch, because there are far worse (from my experience).

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I only encountered 3 50+ aggro monsters on my way to Lasthold. I'm not sure why you pick that one out of the bunch, because there are far worse (from my experience).
    Snakemolt man, fucking snakemolt.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    Snakemolt man, fucking snakemolt.
    Hah, YES! That's the one! I couldn't remember the name. I had someone with me and it took us 3 or 4 tries to get to that one.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Hah, YES! That's the one! I couldn't remember the name. I had someone with me and it took us 3 or 4 tries to get to that one.
    Yeah, I went and got those all months ago and found it is 100% easier to do with a partner. I don't know if I could've done snakemolt solo.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Reznuh
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleheart View Post
    Do you have Paladin leveled, or know a friend who has? Or White Mage for that matter, a pair of white mages with POM/Raise can get anywhere. (o.O ) Duo'd every aetheryte in the game before Jobs came out. It just requires throwing bodies at the problem a couple dozen times!
    i really need to bother one of my friends pretty soon to help me get snakemolt, it's the only one i'm missing, and i probably tried it a couple dozen times. i soloed every single other one, and i think i went 1 for 1 on lasthold. guess that's a statement towards how much luck is involved for some of them.

edit: just saw the posts about snakemolt. haha yup

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It's much easier now with hallowed ground I'm sure.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    Yeah, I went and got those all months ago and found it is 100% easier to do with a partner. I don't know if I could've done snakemolt solo.
    I decided to get the achievement, it is doable, but took me around 1.5h to get snakemolt solo, the mixture of drakes and regular aggro mobs is a serious pain. it's doable, but it was by far the hardest one (subjectively).

edit: I found it the easiest to take the lower path, while there are problems there, the stretch with aggro mobs is shorter, and you skip the huge circle with the malboros and redwings

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meilin Kikkano
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm starting to think I'm the only one not insane to do all ~100ish hours of behests....

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

To be fair, it's something best attempted while you're mostly AFK so you aren't actually spending thoe 100+ hours sitting there waiting.

I set up a big 'ol clock on one monitor and any time I walked by and noticed that it was near a 30min mark, I'd sit down, do a quick 1-2min behest, and go do something else for another 25min or so.

Also, I've been burning through the Battlecraft leve achievements which puts me at camps constantly so it's easy to get quite a few Behests done just from that.

It just really sucks because I would rather be sitting AFK in town watching for shouts.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meilin Kikkano
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah.. I was doing some of the mining achievements while waiting for battlewardens. I just had a moment of... "WHY AM I SITTING HERE FOR A TITLE I MIGHT NOT EVEN GET TO KEEP!?"

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

THE POINTS, MAN, THE POINTS

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

They said you'd keep the titles:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...298#post775298

No, the quote from Rukkirii said "incomplete" achievements will not be displayed (i.e. unearned). So if you didn't earn a discontinued achievement before A Realm Reborn launches, it will not be displayed in the UI as unfinished or missed. And achievement points, rewards, and titles earned will be carried over.

Hope that clears it up!
    the Serpentsworn is the only title in the game tho so it's not like it matters!