1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 13 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 46 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 8 hours, 13 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 1 hours, 46 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

The fact that the achievements took nothing into account retroactively made them meaningless to me, tho that's not saying much considering I think achievement systems are stupid in general.

I probably would have had 60% of the camp specific leve/behest achievements unlocked on day 1 (leveled all jobs to 50 solo via leves and at many different locations).

In a way the fact that I have thousands of leves completed (this was recorded prior to achievements, even displayed in the log when you reached certain thresholds) but no camp achievements is more exclusive than anything, so that makes me feel speshul at least.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meilin Kikkano
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ah, I didn't know that. Thanks! Still, I hate mindlessly doing this shit, haha.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

^ Yeah that. Fuck the behest/leve achievements. The thought has never even crossed my mind to bother doing those. A title? Whoop-dee-freakin'-doo.

That said, until you can redeem your achievement points for something, I won't give two shits about them. The only reason I did the exploration achievements was because I wanted to check out all there was to see in 1.0 before it got zapped.

The exploration achievement is the only one I've ever done for it's own sake because it was actually fun, and also came with a bitchin title.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

As much as I despise that achievements didn't tally anything retroactively that I know they could have, and how much I hate doing Behests, There's essentially like 15 titles to be lost come 2.0:

Leves:
    The Sword of La Noscea
    The Sword of the Shroud
    The Sword of Thanalan
    The Sword of Eorzea

Behest:
    The Shield of La Noscea
    The Shield of the Shroud
    The Shield of Thanalan
    The Shield of Eorzea

NMs:
    Notorious Monster Hunter

Holidays:
    Wild Thing
    The Winter Wyrm
    Messenger of Love
    Princess for a Day
    Dreamseeker

Camps:
    The Wanderer's Shadow

I am mostly just doing them for the Sword/Shield of Eorzea/the Shroud titles since they are pretty sweet.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I wanted the sword of thanalan title, sadly I can't play the game now until Nov so I won't be able to get it probably. Should have went for it earlier

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meilin Kikkano
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Unless there is something nobody is telling me, there's no way I can even get Wild Thing/Winter Wyrm anyway.

Screw titles. I'll be Stormlady forever.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yeah, all the holiday items/titles/achievements are unobtainable already, they are just being removed from the achievement system (for some unknown reason).

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I gave up after I missed the valentine event so oh well, at least they won't be displayed as a blank spot forever since they are removed from the achievements list if you don't have them.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Speaking of achievements, I'm really surprised at the lack of Item achievements, especially since there are so many weapon sets in this game. I wonder if they'll ever add stuff like "get 7 ifrit weapons", "get 7 moogle weapons", etc. The items category was pretty silly up to 1.22 since it only had the 3 faction leve sets.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

achievement based on RNG? No thanks!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    achievement based on RNG? No thanks!
    http://xivpads.com/files/char7029127...blersCrown.jpg

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Kefka, is that you?! o.o

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

The stupidest thing about that crown's achievement is it is the single achievement that awards the most points. Relic? 10 Gambler's Crown? Oh shit, son! That's worth 50! (More if you count the ones for 2/3/4 meld)

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Will primal weapons not be in 2.0? Missed that somewhere.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Anything you hear about items or dungeons or instances being completely removed is rumor.

They have never quite disclosed what exactly is being removed entirely or what might be simply re-purposed, we're still in the dark. It's all based on speculations, especially since the list of discontinued achievements came out and included the primal kill ones.

Vuitton

The instances were said to be staying, but that that they would be reworked. Darkhold and Toto-rak's stories are currently based around the empire infilitrating them to test out their magitek devices (or something, I forget why exactly they're there). I also remember reading that the current non-instanced "dungeons" would be made instanced, but who knows if that is true still.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Vuitton View Post
    I also remember reading that the current non-instanced "dungeons" would be made instanced, but who knows if that is true still.
    Thought that was more of they are getting their own zone. Whereas now you are just in Thanalan and can travel straight to Za'harak, in 2.0 it will be it's own zone, along with all the other beastman strongholds.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

I don't know what Yoshida meant, since lately that seems to be different than what he said (see: "roaming primals"), but he definitely said all existing dungeons would be instanced.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Between translation errors and/or moving development targets, I trust nothing anymore. It will be what it will be. I'd like to believe it's just a zone, but I don't really care that much either way.

I'm no translator, but I'd imagine the difference between "instance" and "zone" aren't too terribly dissimilar. There's probably an even higher chance of error if that translator was not a full-time Square Enix translator.

Hell, the people on the OF are arguing with me over whether Red or Yellow synth orb has a higher success rate, and that translation quote is official!