1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 16 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 43 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 6 hours, 16 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 3 hours, 43 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yoshida never said " roaming primals", that part was mistranslated from the beginning.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I thought the only thing that was ever actually said to be "roaming" was Odin.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Hell, the people on the OF are arguing with me over whether Red or Yellow synth orb has a higher success rate, and that translation quote is official!
    lol @ that thread.

It's as simple as doing byregots + culmination/perfection on a yellow then doing the same on a flashing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    I thought the only thing that was ever actually said to be "roaming" was Odin.
    Multiple interviews from E3 mentioned the "roaming primals".

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Ah, well the 2.0 PDF still describes Odin as "wandering."

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm sure Odin is the exception. I suppose they want to make him similar to the Dark Rider from XI while the others will simply be in instances that move around. Either way Yoshida did mention that primal battles will be different in balance so things could change, let's wait and see.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Moment of truth coming soon:
    We know you're all interested in finding out the status of items and equipment, so I wanted to let you know that the team is currently creating a list of items and equipment that will not be obtainable in A Realm Reborn. Please hang tight a bit until it's all created, double-checked, confirmed and posted!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Oh gawd...

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

The QQ will be glorious...

Guys don't forget to get your Goobbue mount!!!!

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    The QQ will be glorious...
    While I don't doubt people will QQ about anything, what is a likely item that would even cause some distress? For example, would anyone really care if Ifrit / Moogle / Garuda weapons were not obtainable in 2.0? At the rate these weapons have become virtually obsolete, I certainly wouldn't care. Darklight gear would likely piss some people off, but I don't think it's a likely item to be removed given the relic quest requirements (need to run CC/AV, no reason to take the DL gear out unless the instance was gone).

Curious to see what is removed, but I can't think of any likely item currently that would make me go "oh noez."

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They look nice, one if not other reasons I'd like them to stay.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I guarantee you, whatever items are dropped will have people in a scramble trying to get them no matter how stupid it is.

...just like those achievements.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    They look nice, one if not other reasons I'd like them to stay.
    Yeah this ^, I only have a mogfork and a ifrit cludgel but I really enjoy their look.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I have a feeling it's mostly going to be everything dated, some random garbage, all unused items... maybe some shit from Darkhold/Toto-Rak as it's the most "outdated" equipment along with maybe some Stronhold stuff.

They put far too much work into really uniquely-styled items like Primal weapons and Darklight armor to just remove it.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I think probably the craft able stuff from mor dhona. Dark steel haubby, griphon skin tunic, those good Mage feet. Garlean steel plates, joints, rubber probably won't be around as we know them in the future?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I have a feeling it's mostly going to be everything dated, some random garbage, all unused items... maybe some shit from Darkhold/Toto-Rak as it's the most "outdated" equipment along with maybe some Stronhold stuff.

They put far too much work into really uniquely-styled items like Primal weapons and Darklight armor to just remove it.
    Its possible they could remove the ability to get a specific 'instance' of a weapon or armor when migrating over to 2.0 instead of out right eliminating the unique designs from the game world. For instance in 2.0 we might have a "New Ifrit Cudgel" or change the name of our current one to "Ancient Ifrit Cudgel" etc when 2.0 launches much like dated gear. We don't know how they plan to balance the primal fights or the 1.0 raids in 2.0. For all we know they could be reduced to lvl 40 instances and toto-rak becomes a lvl 20 etc. Or even more likely they become even higher level instances with an EXP cap change for primal fights and they might be similar designed weapons maybe a texture/color change to visually denote what version of the game they came from.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post
    I think probably the craft able stuff from mor dhona. Dark steel haubby, griphon skin tunic, those good Mage feet. Garlean steel plates, joints, rubber probably won't be around as we know them in the future?
    The garleans are still invading if I recall correctly from the first trailer. I don't see any reason why those things should go away.

Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post
    Considering they're unique pieces that were just added (2 of which are very useful, 1 of whom fills a role no other shoes can fill) I'm gonna say 0 chance. The mats will come from somewhere else or they'll be renamed.

I think people are reading way, way too much into this. Of the stuff that's gonna be removed it will be 90% dated gear, 9% useless materials, and 1% quest/vanity items most people probably don't even know exist.

edit: well they're semi-unique, they're reskins but they have "unique" reskins

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Ah, that was the first thing I thought of when I read that too.
    Honestly the only reason why I still have some dated gear is simply cause I like the pink on my low level jobs.
    Dat pink!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4