+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Wow, holy fuck me load of info. Thanks alot btw :D.

Keep it coming I'm taking it all in. Anyone have any experience with any of the Dining Plans?

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I've never used the dinning plan but from the few times I have looked at it seems pretty good, food and drinks are the biggest expense at DW so it's probably worth it. Only reason we dont use it is we sometimes like to eat at places right outside DW so would do us no good.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

If you eat anything during your visit except giant turkey legs and those lemonade slush drink things, you are doing it wrong. >_>

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Artemicon View Post
    Wow, holy fuck me load of info. Thanks alot btw :D.

Keep it coming I'm taking it all in. Anyone have any experience with any of the Dining Plans?
    I know for disneyland they are shunned since the vouchers don't give you change. Which means if your meal is 8 bucks and you give em a ten dollar voucher, your out the two bucks. What the wife and I do is load up on snacks and a couple water bottles and toss them into her small backpack she carries. We can fit our sunglasses, wallets when we go on water rides, about 3 bottles of water and several granola bars and other snacks that way we don't get raped at stands. The one exception is churros. I'm pissed about not getting one in June, so I'm going to have to get two in december. Also if it's like disneyland, after you propose hit up main street and get just engaged pins. When the wife and I did a delayed honeymoon for blizzcon two years ago and went to disney, we had those pins and the cast members kept giving us perks like front of the line passes and what not, as well as they congratulate you every time they see you. If your soon to be fiancee is one of those who just melts and gets giddy over that sort of stuff, she'll love you for it.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    I know for disneyland they are shunned since the vouchers don't give you change. Which means if your meal is 8 bucks and you give em a ten dollar voucher, your out the two bucks. What the wife and I do is load up on snacks and a couple water bottles and toss them into her small backpack she carries. We can fit our sunglasses, wallets when we go on water rides, about 3 bottles of water and several granola bars and other snacks that way we don't get raped at stands. The one exception is churros. I'm pissed about not getting one in June, so I'm going to have to get two in december. Also if it's like disneyland, after you propose hit up main street and get just engaged pins. When the wife and I did a delayed honeymoon for blizzcon two years ago and went to disney, we had those pins and the cast members kept giving us perks like front of the line passes and what not, as well as they congratulate you every time they see you. If your soon to be fiancee is one of those who just melts and gets giddy over that sort of stuff, she'll love you for it.

If they have these 'Just Engaged' pins in DW you will have just given me the best advice ever.

It's sooo veiny

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

They did last time I was there, they will be just inside the main entrace there is a customer service/info building should be able to get them in there. Got the bday one for my daughter on one of trips and the staff was great singing her happy bday and treating her special and giving her little extras.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

They do have pins for all occasions, I had a set for anniversary when I went.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I enjoyed staying in the polynesian resort last time I went. I prefer December to go to DW. Went once in early December and it was pretty empty, went for a week for Christmas one year and it was a little more full but the atmosphere was really nice.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Everyone is telling you about the parks which is all good, thought I'd share two proposal ideas for you, incase you were still working out how to make it work. I have personally seen two proposals at Disney and they were both pretty cool.

First one: Guy and girl were in line for the character autograph with Mickey and Minnie. When they get to the front, the girl goes to take a picture with Minnie, then both Mickey and the guy get down on one knee and do a simultaneous proposal to both of them. This can be done anywhere in the park, really, just gotta get it planned with the staff beforehand.

Second one: I was dining at the Italian restaurant in Epcot, saw at a table a few feet away from me a happy couple having dinner. Later in the night two guys come out in chefs outfits with an accordion and little guitar thing, forget what its called, and proceed to sing the song Bella Notte from "Lady In The Tramp" while the guy proposed. Even as a teen, I could feel all the vaginas in a nearby radius beginning to gush.
    For reference:
    Good luck!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Don't buy disney dollars.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alvinho View Post
    Don't buy disney dollars.
    Best advice in this fucking thread lmao

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

One of the things I like most to do at Disney is trade and collect pins. If you go on ebay and search for Disney pins you can order in bulk a huge quantity for an insane discount, then just put them on a lanyard and trade them with cast members throughout the day. You just walk up to a cast member who is also wearing pins and you can exchange one of your pins for any of the pins that they are wearing. There are pins for literally EVERYTHING, and it is fun to try and make a set of pins from your favorite movie or of your favorite character, etc. Plus you'll have some pretty neat souvenirs rather than just a random plushy or the like.

Also, if you want a really cool proposal spot, you could eat at The California Grill which is located at the top of the Contemporary Resort. This is a great place to eat if you like/love sushi because the sushi chef that works here is the highest ranked female sushi chef in the world, and I believe third highest ranked overall. They have a private rooftop terrace with a view of Cinderella's Castle that only people who have eaten at the restaurant are allowed to go on. Get a reservation for 7/8ish and then time it so you are outside on the terrace when the fireworks start. You get a great view of the castle and the fireworks, without all of the crowds and commotion. Plus, the restaurant will broadcast the music that is playing in the magic kingdom out onto the terrace so you get the entire experience.

This isn't the best quality, but here is a glimpse of the type of view you'll experience on the rooftop. I love it.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Be careful with the pins on ebay, lot of counterfit pins on there.

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I've been planning a vacation to Disneyland, and found this site. It has both advice and links to potential cost-saving deals/packages. Some of it's common sense, but they work most of their reasoning out for costs of things.