1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 59 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 15 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -6 hours, -1 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Moonfire Faire – Bombard Backlash (07/30/2012)

http://static.finalfantasyxiv.com/to...b0887aa8d4dac5
    As the heat settles like a stifling blanket over the city-states of Eorzea, we once again witness the appearance of scowl-bearing, flame-kissed balloons. Could it be that the hotter months will bring the return of those fiery abominations? Dive into the pages of The Harbor Herald, and soothe your burning curiosity.

Continue to the full article.
    http://static.finalfantasyxiv.com/to...9a6e0cfb71d182
    Connecting all lands and peoples in her everlasting embrace, the sea bears to Limsa Lominsa the wisdom and voices of a thousand shores.

In today’s extra edition, The Harbor Herald investigates the rekindling of fiery nightmares once thought extinguished.

http://static.finalfantasyxiv.com/to...63f856bce703ee

http://static.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl...on/icBlock.pngRisen from the Ashes?
    Perhaps you remember, gentle reader, the façade that was the Moonfire Faire? This festival was fabricated for the purpose of drafting gullible adventurers into the ranks of an emergency Bombard-banishing squad. The explosive intruders appeared the very same night that meteors fell to earth across Eorzea, and it was only the intervention of said adventurers that protected our cities from indiscriminate incineration. Such a positive outcome is also the only reason the festival was not more widely condemned for its underhanded recruitment practices.

And now it appears that the Moonfire Faire will soon be upon us once more. I have heard an increasing number of tales that speak of Bombards rising in all their smoldering horror from nothing but ashes—ashes that escaped the bleary gaze of faire workers during the aftermath of the previous invasion. According to reputed scholars, an extraordinary surge in the strength of elemental fire is again responsible for the disruption to the aether’s natural balance. In the end, however, the cause matters little. What concerns us now are the massive incendiary invaders poised just beyond our walls.

http://static.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl...on/icBlock.pngTraditional Dress the Key?
    But now that the innocent mask of the Moonfire Faire has been stripped away, who in full possession of their mental faculties would willingly volunteer for Bombard battle duty? I would fault none for such despairing thoughts, but the Adventurers’ Guild was ever an organization with a card or three hidden up its collective sleeve. It appears the resourceful members of the guild have obtained a shipment of rare garments from the mystic East, and intend to hand them out to any soul brave enough to stand on the front lines of our defenses. Thus do they appeal to an adventurer’s unquenchable lust for the exotic, as well as the inherent good nature of our would-be saviors.

This year, I urge you to embrace the faire. Everywhere I turn, I see fear and uncertainty etched on the faces of ordinary folk as the Garlean Empire marshals its forces to overwhelm Eorzea. A dose of Moonfire frivolity mixed with a dash of monster-mashing madness may be just the elixir we need to uplift our floundering spirits.

Yumah Molkot

http://static.finalfantasyxiv.com/gl...line/type2.png

http://static.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl...on/icBlock.pngMoonfire Faire Dates & Times
    Monday, July 30, 2012, at 1:00 a.m. – Monday, August 13, 2012, at 7:59 a.m. (PDT)

http://static.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl...on/icBlock.pngHow to Participate
    Speak to any of the Moonfire Faire chaperones, who will appear in each of the three city-states.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Hopefully we'll have the ability to buy last year's gear during this event.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

They said that you wont already.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Neat another event! Is this to get the new outfits or something else? There is a thread on the official forums about getting Ash for completing it, but what do you trade them in for?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrosia View Post
    Neat another event! Is this to get the new outfits or something else? There is a thread on the official forums about getting Ash for completing it, but what do you trade them in for?
    You use the ash to buy new gear. They give you one Yukata and a pair of panties when you start the quest and you have to buy the other 2 sets+ the clogs. Need like 165 ashes to get everything and you get 20 each time you clear a round of the event.
    And yeah, last year's gear cannot be obtained. The event is also different.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    You use the ash to buy new gear. They give you one Yukata and a pair of panties when you start the quest and you have to buy the other 2 sets+ the clogs. Need like 165 ashes to get everything and you get 20 each time you clear a round of the event.
    And yeah, last year's gear cannot be obtained. The event is also different.
    Great thanks for the quick reply. Guess I'll get on it!

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

1st Yukata: Free
    2nd Yukata: 30 ash
    3rd Yukata: 50 ash

1st Knickers: Free
    2nd Knickers: 30 ash
    3rd Knickers: 50 ash

Clogs: 5 ash

edit: not fair - male characters get a sweet moogle mask on their belt, and their clogs are the big platform geta...

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

20 HP/MP on the underpants.

Where do you get ashes though? I got the quest and went to a hamlet but not sure who to talk to.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Reznuh
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

i'm a sucker for these events... wish i didn't miss the winter ones while i wasn't playing...

but now i'm wondering if i missed anything last summer, were the total rewards available 5 swimsuits? green/red/blue/silver / top/bottom ?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Where do you get ashes though? I got the quest and went to a hamlet but not sure who to talk to.
    The event should be going on just outside of town. Each successful run should reward everyone with 20 ash.

Quote Originally Posted by rezn0r View Post
    but now i'm wondering if i missed anything last summer, were the total rewards available 5 swimsuits? green/red/blue/silver / top/bottom ?
    red/blue/green/silver/gold

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Reznuh
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

booooo my highest level was in the 20s last year so i missed out on the gold. thanks though

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eagleheart Hellsbane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

HELL FREAKIN' YES, THE MUSIC IS BACK.

Booting up gaming laptop to play this music at the office ALL DAY, BABY. :D :D :D

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I assume that's sarcasm because I've seen a few people post that they hate that music. Is there's a youtube link to it or something? I usually play with the sound off, so I have no idea what's up with the summer music.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Reznuh
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

i've honestly had the game's music level set to 0 for at least a year

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Needs to be the Summerfest music from XI; I love that track so much.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

What a targeting disaster this is...

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    What a targeting disaster this is...
    I haven't been online for the event yet so I'm not sure what variety of targeting disaster it is, but if you're having trouble targetting an NPC/Monster in a mob of people, you can bind a key to do that. If you scroll to the bottom of the Targetting tab in the key-binding config, you can set a key for target nearest PC / NPC / Monster / something_else. I bind these to F9~12.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I haven't been online for the event yet so I'm not sure what variety of targeting disaster it is, but if you're having trouble targetting an NPC/Monster in a mob of people, you can bind a key to do that. If you scroll to the bottom of the Targetting tab in the key-binding config, you can set a key for target nearest PC / NPC / Monster / something_else. I bind these to F9~12.
    I was playing with a PS3 controller so "tabbing" through all these people is a nightmare. Then I switched to mouse and keyboard and realized "wtf... I need 3 hands to do this effectively." So yeah, thanks for that.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It's just that the crowd is causing big delays for mobs loading on the screen for most people and the fact that their death animation is really long (they do Self-Destruct animation before falling down), you simply can't target the bombards at all as soon the server registers them as dead... it can be really annoying. The best plan is to just park far enough out in one of the 3~4 directions they come from and spam the emote on them as soon as you can target. If you get one /firedance off, I believe that counts as a success for the entire run (assuming that wave of bombards doesn't destroy all 4 of the balloons in the center).

Road Tinnies
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Make a macro and just spam it.

/targetnpc
    /firedance