1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 26 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 33 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 13 hours, 26 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -4 hours, -27 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
    RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

FFXIV Installation - Help!

Hey guys, I've been trying to install FFXIV and continually get an error message. It occurs half way through installation and reads:

FEATURE TRANSFER ERROR
    Feature: DefaultFeature
    File: E:\data\data2.cab
    Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

After some minor amount of Googling, it looks like that's a standard Windows error message for either "The file you're trying to copy is fucked up" or "A sector of your Hard Drive that the file you were trying to copy was writing to is fucked up".

I'd start by running ChkDsk. I'm not on an XP machine, so I'll just point you to the Microsoft page about how to do it (link). If that reports bad sectors, it might be time to do some backups and look for a new hard drive. If it's an extrnal drive, it might've just come loose for a moment or something. You could just try to install FFXIV again, or use a different drive (if that's an option).

If that doesn't report anything bad, then the issue is probably with your FFXIV disc, and you'll probably have to download the FFXIV client from an unofficial source. Maybe your disc has a scratch in a really bad spot or something.

Alternative answer: You shouldn't install FFXIV through the bathroom window. Ar har har, ok, that was bad.