1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 42 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 1 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 8 hours, 42 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

With your current gear Giantsgall are going to be better. The DPS values are really close so it's a tough comparison as Mogfists aren't generally great anyway.

As far as gear, I would look long term to where you'll have better weapons, higher caps, etc. Though, with things changing you may want to wait for 2.0 unless you need to output more DPS right now for 17m runs, Garuda, Extreme, etc. If you aren't doing those, I would recommend waiting for 2.0.

That said, you should look at getting a triple meld on Felt Bracers in the 45+ range, and a better double/triple for pants in the 20+ range. Be smart about how you do the pants, as that materia is expensive. eg, if you go for cheap materia and do TierIII 4+5+6 or 6+6+6 you will end up with 19-22STR and a lot of asspain as it's a triple meld. A TierIV 7+8 is 19 and usually easier to get. Alternatively, if you're going to do triples, 6+7+7-8 isn't bad either. That gets you 24-25STR. For Felt Bracers, I would recommend doing TIII13-15-18 or some combination like that. I did 15/15/16 and it was a heartbreaking the entire time.

Then you can look at Raptorskin Pot Helm or Electrum Monocle with 50ish INT (triple meld), but that kinda fun I haven't got into yet.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Nesingwary

How about the body piece. Should I replace it with Grand Company body? Not sure if I am hitting stat caps on the Giants or not.

You aren't yet, but you are close. Depends which GC you are whether or not it's a huge improvement or not. Another thing to consider is that if you do pursue those melds, then your current body is better (unless you are from Grid, because that body is sex)

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Nesingwary

Yay for Grid for once. But Sanction...meh. Just sell the Crit body and use GC body. Save up gil for INT headpiece and STR gloves in meantime.

Thanks!

Just keep it, you'll need something for when sanction is down

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Question for blm stats. What's better: 368 int 514 matk 415 macc, or 378 int 494 matk 425 macc. (no food)
    Or do I need to improve stats everywhere for Garuda? Everything else I don't have trouble with. I'm sitting on a decent pile of gil but am reluctant to blow it on better melds before 2.0.
    Would like to know which stat needs boosting more, matk or macc, int is probably high enough for everything.. right?

There's nothing really set about BLM stats, you add depending on what you need and what spells you're using primarily.

Fire based? Stack MATK
    Thundara based? Stack INT
    Getting resisted? Add more Macc

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I really can't see the point in using set 1 versus set 2. I mean it's +20 matk vs +10 int +10 macc and your main damage source is going to be Thundara for Garuda which gets a huge magic attack bonus on combo thus making INT more effective or some shit. INT also affects Blizzard spells afaik, and you're unlikely to use Fire on Garuda so '~'

†And p. much errything

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Garuda you'll need to be around 490+ to be ~95% acc. M.acc food and Minuet is almost necessary.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

With food I'm somewhere between 480-490 macc so it's good to know I won't get resisted too badly.
    No where else to stick macc so that's gonna have to do for now.
    Thanks for the info~

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Best black mage weapon in the game:

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

lol

Garuda's Scream or Mog's Axe for a newbie WAR? I got both but never really played WAR. Should I trade Mog's for seals or keep it until I get used to the job and how it should be played?

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Use Garuda's

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evane View Post
    Should I trade Mog's for seals or keep it until I get used to the job and how it should be played?
    Whoa whoa, keep it. It still has uses.

Just do the 1 gil repair trick when you go into a moogle fight in the event that it might drop again and sell the 2nd one for seals.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Nah if you have garuda's ax, mog ax has value only as 1/7 set piece, fashion, or grand company seals/materia conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post
    Nah if you have garuda's [any melee weapon], mog [any melee weapon] has value as a solo piece.

The question usually isn't "which is better" it's "can you actually get garuda".

If you can get Garuda, great, go for it, but if not get moogle.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Would also love for a TIP on MNK and PLD GEAR

Came back after a break and i need tips

For both atm it's pretty simple and gimp

MNK

PLD

P.S Relic is kinda out for me atm

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

What's Better? The Gear Choice Thread

PLD will require a longer answer but you can it in a post here:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...l=1#post807468

As for your MNK, would need to know what GC you are a part of, but generally speaking you'll want to attain either mogfists or garuda's talons. Temple circlet is generally good, or meld a ~50 int monocle (for blm and mnk). Body will be flame sergeant's tabard or gridanian officer's overcoat. Hands shoot for ~50 str felt bracers. Waist flame sergeant's sash or veteran's field belt. Legs ~20+ str felt trousers. Boots are okay but if grid go for the boots with the int bonus in set. Think they're officer but idr atm. Accessories are good for now. Shoot for ~335 str/~300 int and 400 accuracy or close to it for starters. In car typing quick so others may be able to add more detail.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast