+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Apparently NDA on SL got lifted, but trying to browse the forums for specifics is a bit of a nightmare.

They patched in 1.11, which mainly brought with it soul adjustments. Some abilities have been removed, many have been outright tweaked in potency/function, some have been moved up/down in trees, many have had cooldowns adjusted/removed (butchering macros/rotations in the process), and a lot of resource costs have been tweaked (seemingly most problematic for warriors and rogues).

I played a Riftblade/Reaver/Paladin spec on my warrior for most PvEing due to its high survivability and modest damage without being super difficult to play. I'm wondering what builds exist now that are similar in effectiveness without giving me carpal tunnel trying to dance over a dozen buttons to operate.

My next curiosity relates more to non-raider PvE progression. Had there been any talk from the devs on the beta boards about this? Current/old game had the ISS gear, but it paled to even equal tier equivalents alongside being a tier behind (or more) at points with raid launches. It was also grindy as fuck relying primarily on the frequency and success of zone events where the target audience for such things would need a metric fuck ton of time at even an above average play rate. Anyway, while I don't doubt the general PvE content of SL could keep me interested for a month or two, I'm more worried about the after and feel myself inclined to not bother if Trion will just fall back into the same old habit of raid exclusivity. Is current ISS gear upgraded further? Is it now useless, instead utilizing new currency for new pieces? Will such things be outright inferior just because some raiders would have their feelings hurt due to people getting alternative gear their own way? Hell, does FPS still plummet to shit in crowded areas? I'd actually try to ask these questions on their boards, but you need an active sub to do such.

Otherwise, I guess they'll be running a few free days in November. I think starting the 4th. I could dabble with soul stuff then, but I'd prefer not running in blind.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Only thing i'm not liking is the fact a lot of abilities got changed to instant, so instead of macroing a bunch and only having to worry about 3-6 buttons, i now got to dance with 6-12.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

lolwars

Anti-crusade crusader
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My favorite part are people crying about Clerics' PVP damage. Which is fucking delicious irony.

Well, if they're still a pain in the ass to kill, it's probably justified. Unless they're whining because cleric damage blows.

But yeah, I managed a beta key through Zam and fucked around a bit with a Reaver/Riftblade/Warlord build. I don't think it's as survivable as the prior build I played, but I think its offense comparable, maybe a bit higher. Also managed to get primary ability rotations down to like 4 macros, so didn't have that ability hell others have mentioned. I can see it being the case for other builds, though.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

after today's hotfix, warriors top single target build is warlord paladin with a fucking shield.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Trion:

Spoiler: show
    Shame they went full retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    after today's hotfix, warriors top single target build is warlord paladin with a fucking shield.
    Guessing a mix of Everything is a Weapon from WL and whatever the paladin ability is that ups damage?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

And this is why I told people that 1.11 was just a giant beta test lol

Yeah, I feel like it was dumb of them to throw the soul changes out prior to the cap increase, too. People are demanding balance NAO! when we have no real perspective of 60 since, as far as I saw, they had no quick way to set your level in the beta to test builds there with corresponding gear.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/10...ands-capacity/

RIFT converts several servers to trial-only, expands capacity
    If you logged into RIFT last night to find your server shuttered and your guild shipped off to the far reaches of Telara, well, apparently it's all part of the plan.

Trion has been updating its shard technology in advance of the Storm Legion expansion, and the result is that everyone in the game's European and American regions can play on their own dedicated wargroup. Trion says via forum post that the updates "have effectively doubled the capacity of the individual servers" and reduced queue times for dungeons and PvP.

Briarcliff, Byriel, Deepstrike, Gnarlwood, Greenscale, Keenblade, Millrush, and Silkweb have all been converted to trial servers. Trion is offering free character transfers to former residents, and there are instructions and further details on the process at RIFT's official website.
    So what server are you guys on now? Every time I try to get myself into the game I just become undecided on what to main. I'm looking into getting back into the game around the time Storm Legion comes out.

Clever and witty, all together the ladies love the Nekura
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I'm on Faeblight in a semi-casual guild myself, due to lack of time for dedicated raiding. Back to tanking on my Cleric again, something I stopped doing during the olden days when they took ridiculous magic damage, and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Have a few more buttons to hit than I used to which I'm perfectly fine with. I also have a 50 Mage and < 50 Warrior and Rogue, but I don't enjoy energy as a resource so unless Tactician and Tempest are really fun, will likely be sticking with my blue bars for the expansion.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://stormlegion.riftgame.com/en/beta/

How do I get invited to the Storm Legion beta?

You're in! All Trion account holders are invited to our open beta test weekend, "At the Gates of Infinity." The event runs Friday, Nov. 2 (10 AM PDT) – Monday, Nov. 5 (8 AM PST).

Can I participate if I haven’t pre-ordered yet?

Yes, our final beta event is free and open to all account holders.

When does beta start?

Beta is underway! Details for upcoming events will be listed on StormLegion.com/beta as they become available

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/10...ands-capacity/

RIFT converts several servers to trial-only, expands capacity

So what server are you guys on now? Every time I try to get myself into the game I just become undecided on what to main. I'm looking into getting back into the game around the time Storm Legion comes out.
    I'm on Faeblight. In my opinion once SL comes out Mage and Rogue will be the most versatile classes.
    Rogue will be able to effectively DPS from Range/Melee, AoE Heal (w/ Bard), Support (with Tactician and Bard) and Tank. Currently all of the DPS souls have been balanced pretty well with each other with perhaps the exception of Ranger. Bladedancer, Marksman, Nightblade, Assassin, and Sab all do good damage so you can get some variety. Bard has become an incredible AoE healer and provides a bit of support (Warriors and Mage overwrite a lot of our buffs/debuffs). Tactician has some cool AoE defensive abilities that might have a use for progression raiding/tougher fights but who knows. Really the only issue I have with Rogue is that Energy is still a limiting resource.

Mage is essentially capable of all that a Rogue is, except you've got casted spells and more range. You can't tank but you get more healing options and Archon imo is the best support class out there (especially with how useful Dominator has been to pair it with). Their ST and AoE DPS is really good and with Harbringer you get a good melee DPS option for hybrids/soloing.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

How's the ability/server lag after the mergers? I've been thinking about returning after a six month hiatus due to a new baby, but would be pretty frustrated if i went with a year sub only to find raids and events laggy still after the hardware 'upgrade'.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Jaffar View Post
    How's the ability/server lag after the mergers? I've been thinking about returning after a six month hiatus due to a new baby, but would be pretty frustrated if i went with a year sub only to find raids and events laggy still after the hardware 'upgrade'.
    I raid on Friday/Saturday so I can't comment on how the lag is on more peak days such as Wednesday. In general though I haven't been noticing lag

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Well I just pre-ordered Storm Legion ? Any server where majority of BG play let me know

Caved and bought the year deal, myself, even though I'll probably only actively play half that if the past is any indication. Still, 6x$15 + $40 = $130, so would ultimately save $10. PA adjustment alone would at least have me contemplating alts. Otherwise, I don't think many BG people play now (nor did I run with any other posters here). Guild I was in is pretty much dead with nobody logging in for a month+, so I kinda yoinked some things from their bank to sell since I'd personally thrown 500 plat into it in the past just to upgrade a vault before an earlier break. And plat seems like it's gonna be more vital at least if you want to get into dimensions.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Well I'm on Wolfsbane if anyone comes back to playing. Started up a Guardian for the first time. Elf MM

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The playerbase is decent enough, just not many people from BG for some reason I'm on Deepwood at least!