+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Eh, I wouldn't let it bug you too much. Personally still pretty sour about the raider gap, though, and I just don't see them changing their minds there. So I've basically got 6 months of nothing to do left on my sub.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

I'm over on Wolfsbane if anyone wants to return. Got a Bard going, along with a Warden healer, which I am really enjoying at the moment ( Never like purifier).

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Guardian or Defiant?

I have a defiant on wolfsbane named Gajuin

Would say factions don't matter much unless you wanna faction-quest together. Can also cross-shard now, for those not aware of the function. Basically everyone is Name@Shard, so you can whisper cross-shard, invite to part, then right-click their name and Join Instance. Though anything that teleports you or relogging will send you back to your home shard, so would need to rejoin if still grouped.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Defiant actually. I can hit you up once I get home Insane

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Sure. Lv16 huntsman currently.

Also I've noticed you plow through the tutorial much faster now. I remember during beta and last year it it took a while, but now you're in and out within 30+ mins.

Yeah, they streamlined it a bit recently.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

For anyone that is playing, has anyone toyed around with Warden as healer ? I have a Sentinel healing main, and I noticed Warden is more of the AoE/HoT (Druid healing I guess ). Is it viable for healing outside of raiding? I searched on the official forums and just see threads for Raiding spec, not any 5 mans.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

It's not an effective "jack-of-all-trades" 5 man soul. There are some particular 5-man bosses where tank damage is incredibly low and AoE damage is high (3rd boss in Archive of Flesh for example) where Warden could be preferred over Sentinel. Otherwise, Sentinel has been designated as the 5-man healing soul because of its decent mix of ST and AoE healing. Warden has been created to be the Cleric AoE heal soul and the most common place where you find significant AoE damage is in raids (both 10man and 20man).

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Fuck...I mean, I don't mind Sentinel, but man it is uber boring healing as that soul spec. I'm Sentinel/Purifier mix so it's like :

Shield-->and random heal every now and then.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

5-man healing can be very boring for sure; I have a mage character that I use and it is very much of the same thing. Some of the fights that can use a Warden in 10mans and 20mans would be a bit more fun for you as you'll need to time some important CD's and such. A fight like Crucia you can very well die if you (as a Warden) mess up your heals when she uses Orbital Strike, granted you don't over-heal the shit out of it to cover for stupid mistakes.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Is the raiding and dungeons in Rift actually difficult? I heard it was, but didn't know if I should trust the info.

The hardest part will be finding a guild you mesh with.

In general, the game "feels" more friendly to ranged attackers in the raid environment because it's easier to keep doing damage while dodging mechanics. In turn, you may see some groups skewed toward ranged DPS to make things easier on the healers and less risky in general. This hurts Warrior hardest, where they already lack a healing soul and Tempest isn't as good as other ranged classes. So it's either melee or tank, and Rogues or Clerics don't really have much issue there.

Just expect being a few months behind unless you're lucky and find people willing to carry you. There's a new raid tier coming in 2.3, whenever that is, that'll naturally lead to the T1 content being done less often, and thus more difficult to catch up with.

Clever and witty, all together the ladies love the Nekura
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    Is the raiding and dungeons in Rift actually difficult? I heard it was, but didn't know if I should trust the info.
    The dungeons were hard when they came out and people were undergeared, but now most people sufficiently overgear them and are just farming them for currency or not running them at all.

Raids... as is usually the case with large-scale content, will depend on the 19 other people you surround yourself with.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

What are the legit soul combinations for the classes? I don't want to have to respec later on unless there is something that is just so much better for leveling.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

What is the 50 > 60 process like? I have a 50 Rogue I played back around release. I'm curious if I could just jump straight into the deep end and learn about the new souls in that period or start a new character just to get back in to the swing of things.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Honestly I would start a new character. Leveling is uber easy ( at least to me.) Between doing a couple of rifts and IAs (Instant Adventures ) I plowed thru levels before I remembered
    I had quests to do for gear and rep. Also now just about every area has a "Rare spawn" that's on maybe a 2 min cool down that I have seen. Kill it the first time, and get a Corrupted Soulstone
    as an automatic prize, which can then be converted to planarite.

Clever and witty, all together the ladies love the Nekura
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    What are the legit soul combinations for the classes? I don't want to have to respec later on unless there is something that is just so much better for leveling.
    Generally leveling uses different soul combinations and even the soul combinations you use during leveling might change as you get access to more points (eg: at lower levels you might use a soul that gets a pet with no points spent, but as you get to a higher level and the pet starts to suck without having more points spent to make it good, you'd switch that soul out).

No need to restart, honestly.

As for leveling souls, they have some "suggested builds" within the game itself that are fairly decent for the leveling process. I've used them personally for for Rogue and Cleric. They may not be THE best builds, but a lot of guides you'll find out there are focused on 60 and skewed toward raid gear statistics. If you're playing warrior, I'd personally suggest Champion/Warlord, getting Recovery Posture and eventually working your way up to blocking without a shield. Drop the rest into Champ. Third soul's up to you, but I used Paragon for the Crit buff.

Anyway, the jump to SL mobs is pretty big. Talking like 25k HP or more on the non-minion stuff. If you were 50 beforehand and not decked out in raid gear, I'd suggest buying what level 50 greens you can that are from SL zones. You'll know if their stats are significantly higher than other old greens.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I just resubbed after taking a year break as well. Still trying to get use to the controls and such.

Do they still have conquest? Maybe I am not hitting the right menu, but I thought it was always with the warfront tab? Also since I was set for PA exp and just installed SL will I have to change back to exp? Sorry if these questions seem rather silly. Anyways, I have a lv50 rng, running the pvp marksman spec. I am on Threesprings shard.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast