BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Gippali View Post
    I just resubbed after taking a year break as well. Still trying to get use to the controls and such.

Do they still have conquest? Maybe I am not hitting the right menu, but I thought it was always with the warfront tab? Also since I was set for PA exp and just installed SL will I have to change back to exp? Sorry if these questions seem rather silly. Anyways, I have a lv50 rng, running the pvp marksman spec. I am on Threesprings shard.
    I think you need to get to 60 now to go Conquest?

Yeah, thinking it's 60-locked since most everyone else would probably get rolled.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

ahhhh got it. Was playing when conquest first came out, and now its crazy to see that the reaper pvp set is in the low 20's favor wise lol. Of course im still running around in T2 pvp gear which is probably like T-1 gear now!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Any dungeon/raid/pvp gear has essentially been scaled to the same level. Around lvl54 you can start replacing your old gear with SL greens; blues should almost always be an upgrade. Basically while soloing just look to increase your armor/hp; your not going to notice DPS scaling when a fight lasts ~10 seconds so if you lose a DPS stat point or two it's not a big deal. I think every class has good solo oriented builds; I'm not familiar with them all but off the top of my head....
    Mages: Chloro+Harb
    Clerics: Druid...? (only class I don't play)
    Warriors: Warlord + Champion
    Rogues: Riftstalker + Tactician/Bladedancer

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

For Cleric, I have seen Shaman outparse Druid when it comes to single target DPS a lot of times ( shit situational, etc.) My cleric currently rolls with this spec on it http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zmyqrlgutIdRIRGkfzvVVvV and I honestly blow shit away.

Clever and witty, all together the ladies love the Nekura
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

For soloing/leveling, though?

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

As Shaman, hell yeah. I mean, you could always replace Inquis with Warden if you wanted for the small heal, and the water damage spells. Like I said, at least for me, it works great. I pull multiple mobs, cast
    Glacial Shield for shield, then pop SHield of Oak when that is done if GS already went away. You take almost no damage (if none at all as long as you don't pull a fuckton of mobs ) and if you do, Warden is there to cast a slight HoT.

The link I posted was for more of 5 mans and experts than solo (although can still be used for soloing easily ). For a pure solo build, swap in warden for inquis and you got a pretty damn good solo build imo. High single target damage with some AoE thrown in, two shields and a heal. Not much else you can ask for.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Couldn't help but resub before the 12th ahaha.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Dinged 60 like 4 days a go in this guild on Icewatch EU that are raiding FT and needed more DPS so I thought fuck it, I'll get hit capped for and try it out. Hit hitcap for it yesterday and have a raid tonight. I quit raiding at a high level on WoW like a month a go but this just a little fun. No strings attached or anything just for something to do whilst I wait for ARR. Reading guides and watching videos it doesn't seem half as bad as what I am used too.

I've been ridiculously lucky with experts ahaha, pretty much got what I wanted within a couple days besides a couple small upgrades but in terms of reaching 420 hit for FT that was done pretty fast and never had any run ins with pricks until today when some healer tried to be elitest towards me without knowing I'm a worse one. Obviously I just trolled him and got him angry and knocked him down a couple kegs. He ended up leaving on the third boss of Storm Queen because he couldn't keep up with the aoe damage and everytime I suggested going bard he would get all high and mighty and comment on how he heals for raids so he doesn't need it. Three wipes after he leaves, I change to bard and we clear the instance out within 10 minutes.

Now my only issue is trying to make some plat to support runes and vials and all that fun stuff after spending what I made from leveling on a faster mount and leveling up professions and buying some epics off the AH, I have outfitting/mining/butchering maxed any tips on ways to make a bit of plat?

Crafting probably won't make you shit, so just butcher a lot of truehide from level 60 mobs. Raptors in Ashora are probably the most decent collection of skinnable mobs sans some Biofoundry critters, but that's limited to Volan. Kingsward also has a good spot with terrowmaws and bees, but they're a level or two lower, so truehide won't be nearly as common.

Mining is kind of iffy. In Pelladane you could farm mechs for the first tier of new ore and occasionally get the second, but I think the big money is in karthite. There's just not a decent collection of mobs to mine that I can think of. Rhenium's a bit too common to be worth targeting specifically.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Crafting probably won't make you shit, so just butcher a lot of truehide from level 60 mobs. Raptors in Ashora are probably the most decent collection of skinnable mobs sans some Biofoundry critters, but that's limited to Volan. Kingsward also has a good spot with terrowmaws and bees, but they're a level or two lower, so truehide won't be nearly as common.

Mining is kind of iffy. In Pelladane you could farm mechs for the first tier of new ore and occasionally get the second, but I think the big money is in karthite. There's just not a decent collection of mobs to mine that I can think of. Rhenium's a bit too common to be worth targeting specifically.
    There are a few in some regions of Ashora and Steppes - the SL combat mechs can be mined.

There's a great stretch of Karthite Ore nodes in the south part of Eastern Holdings, coming from South City Core.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

There is a shitload of people online now that the game is F2P

Nightmare Tide/3.0 launched yesterday. Don't need to buy to access the new content, but dropping $25 on the cheapest pack will unlock earring slots (saving a few weeks of grinding) and a couple other little things.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I don't think i could log in now even if i wanted to. Had the mobile authenticator and changed phones. oops

Bacon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

3.0 is pretty fun so far. I would suggest anyone who is interested in Rift to check it out.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    I don't think i could log in now even if i wanted to. Had the mobile authenticator and changed phones. oops
    Shouldn't they have some system to deal with this in case your phone is lost/stolen etc?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

They do.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

I thought I would give the expansion a try but I got bored like 50% into level 60 super fucking generic questing and I hate the carnage quests, I didn't like them 50-60 and hoped they weren't coming back. I'm going to try and get through it though cause the end-game is always fun in Rift.

Ugh, 3 of their server shards basically blew up early this morning, lost a day of progress. gg Trion.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by LidenbokValour View Post
    I thought I would give the expansion a try but I got bored like 50% into level 60 super fucking generic questing and I hate the carnage quests, I didn't like them 50-60 and hoped they weren't coming back. I'm going to try and get through it though cause the end-game is always fun in Rift.
    what is endgame like?