+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Bit of a necro, but Trion announced today that Rift will be having progression servers called “Rift Prime”. These servers will see players start fresh and will feature both a subscription revenue model and progression advancement through the game’s expansions and content. There will be no lockboxes, a “significantly reduced store” and more current store items available through game play.

- Prime servers will progress through content at a more rapid pace than that of the original launch
    - "dynamically matching characters to their current zone's level"
    - "dungeons dropping loot specific to your character's true level"
    - profession caps available to a single character
    - participation awards that are unlocked across your account, even to characters on other servers

http://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/2.../2018-rift-on/

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yo this is fucking cool, I'm in

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Was waiting to see which MMO would do season servers first, ala diablo 3 style. While they don't mention a reset, hard to see why they won't do that if it's successful.

Sounds more like they intend to go through Launch > Storm Legion > Nightmare Tide > Starfall Prophecy release schedule at an accelerated pace compared to originally done and not so much the D3 season approach. So, really, it's just the "classic server" idea with a bit of a twist. I can't see it doing well, myself. Plus I'm not sure if they intend to literally run with the old patch versions or what's present just scaled down, because the latter would mean certain builds used back in the day literally wouldn't exist now.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It says that the server will eventually end and that there's rewards and milestones throughout which sounds exactly like seasonal ladders to me

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Rift Prime servers will be launching on March 7th. The servers will start out as vanilla lvl 50, and will progress through the content. Then the servers will end. You will then be able to transfer your characters over to the retail version.

For more info you can check out here:

http://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/2...ift-prime-faq/

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Huge news coming out today. Looks like the investor group that owned Trion has sold off the company and all it's IP's to Gamingo (Ariea Games). I knew things were bad with Trion, but I didn't know it was this bad. According to sources only 25 of the 200 staff will be kept on during the transition. Xl games owns Archeage, so I have no idea what will happen to that game.

Feel bad for the good people who worked there and the loyal players.

https://massivelyop.com/2018/10/22/t...-more-layoffs/

Eh, Rift felt like it was in a pretty rough spot shortly after Nightmare Tide. Though, my opinions of what it "needed" will naturally conflict with some. Ultimately can't say I'm surprised, as the Prime experiment has ultimately had its own consequences.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6