+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Rift: For those still playing

Have any of you been following the drama concerning world first laethys and maelforge?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

All i know if most of the top guilds have quit. Do tell though!

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Do we have another drama that could potentially contend with the E-body Alliance Break ?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

So I'm trying to read this huge thread but no one actually explains what the exploit was. All i see is healing trinkets and 5.6k DoL's, which sounds nuts.

Long story short, they're taking world first away from NQ and giving it to SO.

Clever and witty, all together the ladies love the Nekura
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post
    So I'm trying to read this huge thread but no one actually explains what the exploit was. All i see is healing trinkets and 5.6k DoL's, which sounds nuts.

Long story short, they're taking world first away from NQ and giving it to SO.
    There was an exploit that allowed you to stack up to nine of consumables such as Burning Powerstones.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Nekura beat me to it. Basically they stacked consumables, but it was also letting them get procs from equipment no longer equipped, like greenscale relic 2h sword procing an extra attack for a tank using shield, multiple synergy set bonus crystals, etc. Turns out this is why they refused to stream any progression and why they suddenly couldn't beat the last two bosses for about 3 weeks afterwards. And once they got outed by a former member, they fell back on the well all the other guilds did this exploit so why couldn't we excuse.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Amazing and sad at the same time. I'm sure this was a guild that tested the instance as well?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

They may have tested one boss (not the last two, no one tested them), but then again pretty much I'd say the top 15 guilds, though half of them broke up for random reasons tested at least 1 boss each.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

NQ didn't get to test any of the bosses as far as I remember. I remember them being mad they didn't get to test stuff and that's why they had the "No Beta" sigs. I really hope that with the new expansion comes some new Guardian "hard core" raiding guilds. It sucks that NQ is the only remaining guild of that description; all the other top Guardian guilds don't raid enough to compete for world firsts.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

A new soul for the Mage class was previewed today; got a lot of people hyped up for the upcoming expansion. Should look to be a lot of fun; I think the game has done well so far.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I hope the expansion will feature less "currency grinding is the primary method of obtaining anything". It's fair, sure, and should continue to exist as a backup method of loot obtainment, but I got so bored doing easy zone events/dungeons/old raids over and over again. :\ All the same, I'm sure I'll come back just to get my characters to 60.

I'm for less punishing grind, too. Though, my long standing gripe has been how if you don't raid, you're basically SOL for progression since alternative gear both took for-fucking-ever to get and was still weaker than the tier prior.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yeah, I hope they do a better job of introducing new five man dungeons during the course of the expansion's lifecycle rather than "Hey we're adding new currency to grind in the same old shit you ran 10000x times!" But I'm not sure how well that will work with their flattened gear progression.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Looks like they started a deal where if you get a year sub, you get the expansion for free as well as a title and a mount. Offer lasts until SL's release, so probably have until November.

As an aside, if someone who hasn't played the game would like try, I wouldn't mind getting some for the Ascend-a-Friend program for free time/perks.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

As the nights draw in, you may be searching for something meaty to subsist on as you hibernate in a nest of blankets for the winter. Arriving on November 13, hoping to be your delicious meal, is Rift's hefty expansion Storm Legion, which triples the MMORPG's world size.

Along with adding another two continents to the world of Telara, Storm Legion boosts the level cap by 10, adds four Souls to tinker with classes, gives players and guilds customisable housing, and of course brings monsters and items and mounts and pets and all that jazz. It's an MMO expansion.

You can pre-order Storm Legion now for $40 to score early access to its 'Exodus of the Storm Queen' dungeon and a bonus in-game cape, or pay $70 extra for the Infinity edition to get an extra mount, pet and personal teleporter too. If you don't already own the base game, you can pay an extra $10 to get that thrown in too.
    http://www.shacknews.com/article/756...ut-in-november
    http://stormlegion.riftgame.com/en/preorder/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Must say that cape is pretty sweet.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Anti-crusade crusader
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is anyone in the Storm Legion BETA and willing to PM some neat stuff? Anything about Cleric would be gravy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast