1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 53 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 22 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 11 hours, 53 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

All Worlds Maintenance (Aug. 13)

At the following time, we will be performing maintenance on FINAL FANTASY XIV to implement patch 1.23a. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV will be unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

* Clients will update automatically upon launch after release of the patch.

* Patch download rates may vary depending on server congestion.

* Comprehensive patch notes will be posted on the FINAL FANTASY XIV Forums the day of the patch's release.

[Date & Time]
    Aug. 13, 2012 from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. (PDT)

* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Service]
    - FINAL FANTASY XIV
    http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...b94f1c8cc54c43

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tearshang Pourlamour
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Here's to hoping for more story! I want to know what the deal is with Odin!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Looks like that is the final date to get your goober mounts.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Holy shit, I thought it was on the 20th not tomorrow. This month is going fast.
    I hate Monday patches, I'll be out when the maintenance starts so no quick dat mining for me.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Mmmm, I love monday patches. I get to waste my workday rummaging through the .DAT mines and patch notes, and then it's finished by the time I leave the office.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Re: All Worlds Maintenance (Aug. 13)

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Mmmm, I love monday patches. I get to waste my workday rummaging through the .DAT mines and patch notes, and then it's finished by the time I leave the office.
    This

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tearshang View Post
    Here's to hoping for more story! I want to know what the deal is with Odin!
    I'm pretty sure we're getting more story from every lettered patch because there won't be a 1.24. I'm honestly hoping they start new live events.
    Probably the Twelve questline is included as well.

A. Body
    BG Level

I hope there are no more story updates, I ain't payin for another month.

So do you guys think we'll see any "major" changes to the world/map in this patch?

Place your bets now!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Reznuh
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

i may be wrong but since i was under the impression that the new version will be on new servers with a totally new client i'd say they probably wouldn't put the effort into changing anything that big at this point in 1.0. although they have already put more effort in than i expected in the last couple months so who knows.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Probably nothing major, just more stuff to do with those various rocks glowing with the symbols of the 12.

I'm inclined to agree with rezn0r, it's unlikely they'll put effort into partially changing the landscape in 1.0 since it'll just get scrapped.

I'm inclined to agree with you guys, but their stupid roadmap says "Radical Changes to in-game World". Of course could mean anything, like making Dodos the same size as the Great Buffalo or random server crashes to make it seem like the world is falling apart.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I reckon we'll see something, but not something that would require a ton of effort. I can't imagine it would take that long to alter a corner of Coerthas or whatever to make it look like meteors have fell on the area and destroyed some rock formations. Especially if the area they choose isn't currently used for any quests.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

There's no reason for the Goobbues to disappear unless something considerable is changing. Wandering Minstrel going to get swallowed up by a new canyon appearing out of nowhere.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Reznuh
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

haha random server crashes would be funny, with npcs freaking out when you log back in. funny and annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    There's no reason for the Goobbues to disappear unless something considerable is changing. Wandering Minstrel going to get swallowed up by a new canyon appearing out of nowhere.
    SE has said repeatedly that 1.23 is your last chance to get the gobbue mount and once 1.23a hits it won't be available anymore.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I believe they straight up said the Wandering Minstral was going to move on and travel to other lands. Thus, no moar goobooz.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    SE has said repeatedly that 1.23 is your last chance to get the gobbue mount and once 1.23a hits it won't be available anymore.
    Yes I realize that haha; they've given several warnings. I was referring to the in-game lore reason for it (i.e. you cant get the horn anymore because the Minstrel's zone blew up). They've said they are on schedule for the roadmap, and the map says sweeping changes in August. I think some significant zone changes in this patch are plausible, but I'm not vehemently saying they will happen.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Right, which the reason people are speculating something that "changes the world" could happen with the patch. Obviously it won't be all new zones or anything, but they could alter existing zones quite a bit for story reasons.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I think you guys are reading into it too much. "Wandering Minstrel", but I still think we'll see something. There were minor changes in 1.23 and so far they serve no purpose. The markings of the gods and that aetheryte in Mor Dhona. Maybe the gods are getting involved to try stop Dalamud?