+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Tagus

It's sad to me how bad the prequels were. This conversation would have never taken place if they wouldn't have existed, or if they would have lived up to even a part of their expectations.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I like episode 3 where Anakin get's owned and Obi is all like "YOU WAS TEH CHOSEN ONE SON! WTF!" I lol'd heartily at that.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza View Post
    I like episode 3 where Anakin get's owned and Obi is all like "YOU WAS TEH CHOSEN ONE SON! WTF!" I lol'd heartily at that.
    FROM MY POINT OF VIEW, THE JEDI ARE EVIL

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I didn't like either trilogy.

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

Quote Originally Posted by Alleya View Post
    As an adult I recognize them as being well done exercises in classic storytelling. They are by no means towering masterpieces of cinema.
    Pretty much this, I don't think everyone is delusional in thinking that the original Trilogy are the best movies ever made, they are not without their flaws. But they are still decent movies with good writing and directing to this day imo. The prequels lack this greatly. I want to avoid just quoting alot of Plinkett things to avoid accusations of parroting his views on it but he makes a good point on how there is little emotion between characters, and most of the time they are constantly walking down a hallway talking, stop, walk some more. That and the movie focuses too much on Anakin, it would have worked better as focusing on Obi-Wan as the main character, and Anakin/Padme with a few scenes to slowly show his descent. The original trilogy never focused on Vader, we got a few scenes in the first 2 to show his power but he was pretty much reduced to an enforcer with not much power in the first movie. His role was bigger in the 3rd movie for obvious reasons, should have just followed that model in the prequels and slowly give Anakin more things to do as his role in events would suddenly become more important, rather than make him such a pivotal character since his appearance in the first movie.

But yes Star Wars was far from sacred before the prequels hit. The Expanded Universe did more to ruin that before they came out.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz View Post
    Q.E.D.
    http://gifs.gifbin.com/1234778541_lol.jpg

Banned.

BG Level

I just finished my time travel machine, first stop kill George Lucas, second stop, kill a butterfly OH YES I WENT THERE BITCHES.

P.S. Last stop, inject gungan dna into prehistoric monkeys.

BG Level

Not that I'm trying to start a fanboy war cuz I couldn't care less for either trilogy but what made the original better then the prequels? Both had equally shitty writing with the original getting constantly spoofed for retconning like crazy between each movie according to Robot Chicken and Family Guy.

BG Level

Just saying, nigga kissed his own sister.

Tagus

The new generation is just too young and foolish to understand. Lucas is the Tanaka of Star Wars. Instead of staying true to his vision, he pandered to the lowest common denominator (i.e. - you), and turned a once glorious and epic vision of awesomeness into a spinning green ball of light designed to amaze and delight the retarded multitudes. As soon as he's knocked out of the picture, together we can start to pick up the pieces and bring star wars back to it's proper place at the pinnacle of entertainment.

BG Level

Generic fanboy answer that didn't really answer shit. Thank you.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

You know you'll all be in the theaters to see 7-9 whenever Lucas decides to make them. Maybe not the midnight showing, but you'll all go.

Banned.

BG Level

Not that I'm trying to start a fanboy war cuz I couldn't care less for either trilogy but what made the original better then the prequels? Both had equally shitty writing with the original getting constantly spoofed for retconning like crazy between each movie according to Robot Chicken and Family Guy.
    It boils down to lightsabers and spaceships, there's really no equivalent to those in the OT era

Edit: And this http://i.ebayimg.com/t/VINTAGE-STAR-...K7Q~~60_12.JPG
    If you were a kid, saw the movies and didnt want this, something is wrong with you.

Tagus

Generic fanboy answer that didn't really answer shit. Thank you.
    lol... c'mon man. I've been around long enough to know you're not looking for answers, you're looking for somebody to troll. What did you expect?

BG Level

Nah man I'm serious. Besides lightsabers and spaceships, what really makes the OT better then the prequels? You got little koala bears beating a trained military. Seriously. Where's all this butthurt from the prequels coming from?

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    This thread makes me want to play KOTOR again. That was a fine game.
    best thing to ever come out of the franchise

BG Level

You got niggas shooting a precise shot in a blatantly flawed design in a moon size base to blow the whole thing up.

BG Level

Seriously, what exactly is it that makes the prequels shittier then the stupid shit in the original lol?

Banned.

BG Level

Nah man I'm serious.
    You got niggas shooting a precise shot in a blatantly flawed design in a moon size base to blow the whole thing up.
    Try harder y0

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I liked all the Star Wars movies, including the prequels.