RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    It must be a hipster thing to dislike Star Wars now.
    Have you ever been to BG?

I disliked the prequels simply because I was excited to see a younger badass Darth Vader and instead got this shit

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...lker_slave.jpg

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

It must be a hipster thing to dislike Star Wars now.
    Every single new Star Wars movie is rated lower by professional movie reviewers compared to it's older counter-parts (although with Return of the Jedi, not by a lot).

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    I disliked the prequels simply because I was excited to see a younger badass Darth Vader and instead got this shit
    To be fair, Anakin butchering all the padawan Jedi kids (albeit off-screen) almost redeemed it... But then this happened:

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It's all opinion based, the most deciding factor for Star Wars sucking would obviously be on sales.
    lol

I have no problem with people liking bad things, as long as they acknowledge that they are bad. I like FF8, I acknowledge that from a development standpoint it was pretty bad. The prequels were really bad. Extremely so. The prequels and TOR made money because of the brand name. People wanted them to be good. As for the 3d re-release, again, brand name and how often do you get to see mother fucking Star Wars in the theaters?

As for the hipster comment, I'd venture to say it's more hipster to like the prequels tbh.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

FF8 was bad ass, fuck the haters. Niggas just salty it didn't have big ass swords with two dudes coming to terms with their homoerotic hate for each other.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    lol

. As for the 3d re-release, again, brand name and how often do you get to see mother fucking Star Wars in the theaters?
    What...? If a movie is so terrible why would people go see it again or ever after reading these horrific reviews that are meant to be taken as fact... It's not as bad as people are claiming it to be. It's not the greatest but its certainly not the worst. Sales dictate so, your opinions are irrelevant.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza View Post
    FF8 was bad ass, fuck the haters. Niggas just salty it didn't have big ass swords with two dudes coming to terms with their homoerotic hate for each other.
    Story was convoluted, game was unbalanced and some of the characters were awful. So from a development standpoint the game was pretty bad.

That being said I still love the shit out of that game.

What...? If a movie is so terrible why would people go see it again or ever after reading these horrific reviews that are meant to be taken as fact... It's not as bad as people are claiming it to be. It's not the greatest but its certainly not the worst. Sales dictate so, your opinions are irrelevant.
    It didn't do nearly as well as any of the others? Again the experience of seeing a Star Wars movie in the theaters is nothing to snub your nose at, even if you know the movie is bad. If I had cared enough I would have seen the re-release just to get that experience again, especially since I didn't get to see the originals in the theater.

Also those horrific reviews are indeed to be taken as a fact because again, FROM A CINEMATIC AND STORYTELLING STANDPOINT they are shit. This is not opinion, this is comparing it to how stories are supposed to be told and how movies are supposed to be made and on both fronts it comes up short.

We're not even delving into the fact that sales are absolutely no way to measure something's worth, that is another discussion entirely. Sometimes people like bad things. If that is your only rebuttal to actual facts that those movies were sub-par then I'm going to have to kindly ask you to get the fuck out.

BG Level

Squall was such a bitch

BG Level

Squall was a boss. Cloud was the bitch, nigga was obviously a bottom for Seph.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

BG Level

FF8 is one of those stories left open done right.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I like it and the real facts back me up, s'all I know. There is no way a story or movie is suppose to be told or done, what in the heavens...

BG Level

Ultimecia being Rinoa is my favorite theory, if SE meant that shit purposely then it's boss as fuck.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

FF8 is definitely a boss but nothing beats FF11 ya know. Also disliking Squall because he is very deep/analytical is very tired and such a hipster thing.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I like it and the real facts back me up, s'all I know. There is no way a story or movie is suppose to be told or done, what in the heavens...
    What exactly would those facts be? We've already established that sales are in no way indicative of something's value, especially in the case of movies made with a huge brand name attached to them.

And yes, there are ways stories and movies are supposed to be told/made. This is 4th grade English stuff.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza View Post
    Squall was a boss. Cloud was the bitch, nigga was obviously a bottom for Seph.
    too much ellipsis abuse

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

What exactly would those facts be? We've already established that sales are in no way indicative of something's value, especially in the case of movies made with a huge brand name attached to them.

And yes, there are ways stories and movies are supposed to be told/made. This is 4th grade English stuff.
    What other facts can we realistically go on? Reviews are opinions, nothing more, even if they are from some big head company that regularly does it. The only thing you can go on is sales, if something is successful it will sell well. The sales for a re release should be more than enough to show that, If they were to redo the next two movies those would sell well also. That is enough fact to show the movies aren't as shitty as you and the reviewers are making them out to be. Nobody goes to see a terribad movie simply because of a title name.

Those aren't exactly blueprints that directors/script writers have to follow 100%, there are different mixes or other stylistic approaches to make it a unique snowflake.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    too much ellipsis abuse
    Dude I have a friend that has one of those at the end of every goddamn sentence whenever he texts me. It makes trying to discern his tone so fucking annoying.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

just call his ass, damn

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

What other facts can we realistically go on? Reviews are opinions, nothing more, even if they are from some big head company that regularly does it. The only thing you can go on is sales, if something is successful it will sell well. The sales for a re release should be more than enough to show that, If they were to redo the next two movies those would sell well also. That is enough fact to show the movies aren't as shitty as you and the reviewers are making them out to be. Nobody goes to see a terribad movie simply because of a title name.
    This post leads me to believe you haven't actually watched the reviews we've referenced and have no clue what you're actually talking about so I'm done wasting my time.

Also I know plenty of people who will see a terribad movie simple because of a title name, I'd even do it myself depending on the circumstances. It's ok for people to like bad things. It isn't ok for people like you to try and tell other people that those things aren't bad when all of the evidence points to the contrary.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast