Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Community guild server poll #1

Top 3 choices will go to a second poll to pick the BG community server.

NO CLUE!

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Stormscale

Is this the list of servers at release or from BWE/stress? Seems like they would have more at release.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

This is the bwe3 list because they have put out no official server list.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

They did add three servers for the stress tests last week. So the server list is up to 27 for NA at launch I believe. I dont recall them all off the top of my head but Dragonbrand was one of them.

As for me and my group, we are basically choosing between Jade Quarry and Crystal Desert. CD was the only full server during the last BWE/Stress Tests so if that continues, getting the entire community on CD would be a bit rough. Jade Quarry has its own "small" WvW alliance already in place and will probably be a decent place to go seeing Titan or Ascension will more than likely steer clear of a server with

Edit: New Servers Added for Stress Test 4-6 -
    Dragonbrand
    Ferguson's Crossing
    Northern Shiverpeaks

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

...!

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Sanctum of Rall seems like an interesting place, but that Gaisoch (sp?) guild is trying to say they have 3400 people. Even though I do not believe that they are remotely telling the truth, it just puts me off of the server in general.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by niwaar View Post
    Sanctum of Rall seems like an interesting place, but that Gaisoch (sp?) guild is trying to say they have 3400 people. Even though I do not believe that they are remotely telling the truth, it just puts me off of the server in general.
    I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that all 3400 people are active, and even if they were, that they're all going to play Guild Wars 2. A couple/few hundred, maybe... but they're already organizing events that include the entire population of the server. Not limited to WvWvW. And once again, bear in mind that a large server population isn't a bad thing in Guild Wars 2 as it would be in virtually any other MMO. We don't compete with other players for anything anymore, remember? It's actually a beneficial. :3

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I'll probably roll SoR, as it seems to have the most Buzz and I didn't see any major deuce issues during the stress tests. If it's as community oriented, as that guild has made it out to be, it should be a fun place.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Silly question, I assume all these servers are NA, anyone know where they are based ?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I just picked whatever sounded cool. I don't give a shit what guild is going where; this is the first game where I can actually just roll wherever and not need a specific person to advance my character. I love that. I don't care where we, or anyone else, goes, or who goes with me.

Man, its just fun being able to say that finally. Kudos, Anet.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

As always, I go where my friends are going.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Flic View Post
    Silly question, I assume all these servers are NA, anyone know where they are based ?
    Texas.

Anti-crusade crusader
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Gaiscioch has a rediculous population. On Rift, I've seen more than 150 members online. During a Wednesday afternoon.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Server list is now official, but I can safely say that none of the 3 new servers would probably be chosen.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

If anyone really wants to vote for one of the new three, you can post here and I'll take it into consideration when choosing the top 3 for the final poll.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

/elcorvoice on

With great sorrow, it seems that too many Blue Gartr forum posters have already decided which server they will play on, and do not intend to talk to their friends and alter their choices in order to be with other Blue Gartr forum posters.

/elcorvoice off

I heard an Elcor in my head when I was writing that. Anyway...

A handful of my former FFXI friends from Fairy (now merged with Sylph) will be on Sanctum of Rall because of the type of players it will attract. You know... the art-loving, lore-conscious, friendly types... whatchacallit? Adults, and otherwise mature young people (when I was 14, on IRC/FIDO/mailing lists/BBS's and whatnot in the mid-90s, I hated it when my age influenced how mature others thought I was... so I never answered that question, and most people thought I was in my mid-40s, lol).

The fact that Gaiscioch and its associated guilds/members will be hosting varied world-wide public events (without requiring guild/alliance membership) is an added bonus, but the first reason is the foremost reason.

I suppose guesting will always be an option... but for my part in WvWvW, it's Rall I want to be associated with.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Dragir View Post
    I suppose guesting to will always be an option... but for my part in WvWvW, it's Rall I want to be associated with.
    That's really the rub. Guesting is always an option and the BG community can exist across multiple servers if we are willing to do put in the effort to do so. Personally, I have committed my group of people to a server. That server choice could change depending on availability and "full" servers going forward. Yet, there was a decision that was made, because quite frankly people were anxious and wanted to know and some communities (BG included) have been slow at making an initial choice. While I hope that BG chooses what my group of friends have already chosen I will be amongst the BG community that joins the BG guild.

On that note: I would ask Eanae to close this poll thread and put up the "final poll" thread so people can advocate for their choice.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Sounds like lotsa people wanted something but no one really stepped up until recently. Stuff like this has to be organized at least 2-3 months out. That's always the timeframe I allot for my guild startups and it seems to be on target.

I'm sure in the end there will be some banding together and good times will be had by all. Gaming is supposed to be fun after all!

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

We've been slow at making a choice because there's no firm leader of this at the moment. I'm stepping up to do the polls at the moment seeing as I am a mod and all. Like I said in the other thread, I am willing to hold the guild and do the upgrades and what not. But I will not be a strong leader figure and run events or pvp stuff. I don't think anyone here really wants a BG build to be a super structured place anyways though. I see the community guild as a place where BG members can occasionally gather to kick ass together. My take anyways.

I'll close the poll tomorrow afternoon to give people who've been sitting thinking their chance to get their vote in. So if you haven't voted yet, vote now.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast