1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 16 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 13 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 20 hours, 16 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Only way to beat him is to use summoners, cant do it till 2.0 but you can start the quest now and get the horn!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Anyone want me to make a separate thread (in the non-official info section) for the Hard mode fight, or just keep it in here?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Re: Patch 1.23a Notes (13/08/2012)

Is normal mode the same as the quest?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Go for it. I'm sure the other like 12 people that post in this section don't mind lol

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Egon View Post
    Is normal mode the same as the quest?
    We entered intending to do "normal mode", but it put us straight in hard mode. I have no idea why they made it sound like two separate things in the patch notes.

Ok, making a thread in the other section, one moment.

-> http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/112...oad-%28Hard%29

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

There's only one new fight (the hard mode). Finishing the quest allows you to retry "To kill a Raven" whenever you want, which is the normal mode that the patch notes refer to, but only one fight was added.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    FIIINE

ew don't want anymore

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Elvaans Elezen make everything look ugly.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yeah, I apologize for the terrible giraffe wearing that thing. I just rotated my camera and found the nearest one.

edit: here's a better shot.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Love the Bon Jovi reference in the quest name haha.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

me too. guessing thats one of the rare places the localization team can just have fun

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

So that's it for the main storyline once you get the horn?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    So far, yeah, but there almost has to be at least one more quest in 1.23b 'cause they leave it on suuuuuch a cliffhanger.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Anyone fancy giving me a quick summary/spoilers from the new quests prease?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Living on a Prayer
    You're tasked with going on a pilgimage to visit all 13 (because Nald'Thal has two) of the stones representing the 12 gods to /pray at each one. This is to 'awaken' the 12 gods. At each stone, you are awarded 1 anima, and at the stone of the guardian associated with your character when you created it, you get 1 anima and the ring for your guardian (no extra cutscene or explanation, just BAM, ring in yo' pocket). At the stones located in each city, you'll meet that city's members of the Circle of Knowing (Thancred, etc.) and they'll give you a short blurb.
    Spoiler: show
    At one of the stones in Coerthas, you'll meet up with the Black Wolf (or whatever they call him -- Black armored Garlean dude). He'll tell you that Van Darnus' followers (unsurprisingly called the VIIth Garlean division) still believe him to be alive and that they are gathering for some final clash with the Eorzean Alliance in Mor Dhona. Once you finish the last stone, Louisoix's staff glows like it does in the 2nd trailer and he's give you a "Ya done good." speech and he tells you that the Eorzean Alliance must meet the VIIth division in battle in Mor Dhona so the 12 can be summoned in the proper spot (wherever the VIIth division in hanging out).

Once you're done, you get an achievement which awards the Dalamud Crown. Since it is an achievement item (in the Quests section), it is picked up NW of Horizon.

Monster of Maw Most Massive
    Atomos has been sighted floating above various Aetherites as of late along with some otherworldly monsters. Go kill some of those monsters and bring the dude back an Overaspected Crystal so he can check it out. I haven't completed this quest, so I don't know if there's more to it than that, but I doubt it since the quest giver is just one of those Eorzean newspaper reporters. It sounds like you can't solo this quest, but there was SO MANY PEOPLE around the damn Aetherites when I found Atomos, that I couldn't target any of the monsters before they were already claimed. If you jump on the boat early, you can probably just claim a monster or two and then hope that the masses kill it for you if you want to try to do it solo. I don't know when Atomos decides to spawn, but I did notice that he was up in both Coerthas locations at the same time. The locations where he can spawn are listed in the patch notes. He floats directly above the Aetherite and surrounds it with some red energy effect, so you don't have to go hunting for him. You'll know when he's there.

The Raven, Nevermore
    Fight against Van Darnus (Hard). As stated in the patch notes, the fact that you're fighting him again poses a contradiction in the story ('cause he's dead), so there is no story or cutscene leading up to this. The entirety of the quest before the fight is literally just some NPC saying "Are you ready to board the Enterprise?". It is purely for da phat lewtz. It's hard. You start out on phase 2 of the Van Darnus fight, and if you want more info about the fight, I made a thread about it in the non-official-info section of BG's XIV forums.

Mysteries of the Red Moon
    Some reporter left his notebook behind with some notes about Dalamud in the inn in Ul'dah and you're tasked with checking it out. I haven't completed this, so I don't know much more than that.

Prophecy Inspection
    I haven't even started this one.

• One or both of the last two quests involves Hildebrand.
    • Oh, if you like lore dumps, it's worth chatting with one of the dudes around the glowing stone in the Sacrarium in the SE area of Ul'dah. He'll give you a big ol' lore dump regarding each of the 12 gods of Eorzea.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Lovely, thanks.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    No, the quest dialogue outright states that there's more. What happens after that though is likely going to be a live event and not a quest.
    It pretty much ends with the usual "go do something else while we get ready for the upcoming battle" that FFXI used so much in WotG at the end of each story update.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Prophecy Inspection is really fucking goofy at the end.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    No, the quest dialogue outright states that there's more. What happens after that though is likely going to be a live event and not a quest.
    It pretty much ends with the usual "go do something else while we get ready for the upcoming battle" that FFXI used so much in WotG at the end of each story update.

Yeah I meant more just for this patch as opposed to in general. Thanks though. ;o

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

This patch's quests, to me, were setting us up for a final event that would lead into 1.0's finale. Like a bittersweet "well, we've done what we can, now we sit back and wait until the shit hits the fan."