1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 12 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 11 hours, 54 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 5 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 4 hours, 54 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Where are you seeing a deathclaw

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Where are you seeing a deathclaw
    http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/img/...ea_22.jpg.html

That's a goddamn death claw. Better have some resist paralyze gear.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Ah wow, nice. I wanna see some tonberries.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You guys are retarded. It's not like they're saying "WE'RE NOT GOING TO RELEASE FOOTAGE AND WE'RE NOT LETTING THE MEDIA RECORD ANYTHING EITHER".

You will see footage of the game within the next couple of days. Stop acting so spoiled

I'm sure you'll see an official gameplay within the next month as well, when they've scripted one to their liking.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post

Jeuno was a young buck start up city founded by aliens which slowly positioned itself as the economic center of the Middle Lands thus allowing said aliens to manipulate the Crystal War.
    sorry.. what?

also, i'm pretty sure they'll release some kind of video within a few days. even if its not from the live demonstrations.. they know everyone else will want to see too.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    sorry.. what?

also, i'm pretty sure they'll release some kind of video within a few days. even if its not from the live demonstrations.. they know everyone else will want to see too.
    The Zilart did it!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

[link deleted]

Edit: Lag is apparently gone (we'll see once we've got different regions playing at the same time) and parties now have limit breaks, apparently. Would be interesting for PVP or a new-age ballista...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'd say limit breaks is the new Regimen system.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    [link deleted]

Edit: Lag is apparently gone (we'll see once we've got different regions playing at the same time) and parties now have limit breaks, apparently. Would be interesting for PVP or a new-age ballista...
    They're setting up servers in Europe so I'm pretty sure the lag and latency issues will be way less than now.

Limit Breaks don't seem to be Regiments. Weren't Regiments supposed to be similar to XI's Skillchains? This Limit Break system is the same as FFVII's where you build the bar and then unleash a special attack, spell or cure except it's apparently shared with pt members or it can only be used while in pt.

Road Tinnies
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    You guys are retarded. It's not like they're saying "WE'RE NOT GOING TO RELEASE FOOTAGE AND WE'RE NOT LETTING THE MEDIA RECORD ANYTHING EITHER".

You will see footage of the game within the next couple of days. Stop acting so spoiled

I'm sure you'll see an official gameplay within the next month as well, when they've scripted one to their liking.
    What in the good fuck are you talking about? Having to wait a few days after this is released to the public at a public event is ridiculous but not waiting makes us spoiled. Sure we will have youtube videos, shaky camera videos but them clearly stating which is obvious from the post that they will not be doing any live demonstration via the web or releasing any videos in relation to the event is silly.

Its not unreasonable for me to be dissapointed in the company for not taking every step and making use of every available opportunity to them to relaunch this game to its fullest potential. The power of Social media is way more powerful now then it was 3 years ago when we were in a similar situation.... Get off your high horse!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    They're setting up servers in Europe so I'm pretty sure the lag and latency issues will be way less than now.
    Wha? The usual servers are still located in Japan. Aside of China, no other regional servers have been confirmed for now.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Wha? The usual servers are still located in Japan. Aside of China, no other regional servers have been confirmed for now.
    I'm not talking about regional servers. Yoshida hinted at setting up servers in Europe to reduce the latency issues.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Makes no sense. Moving servers would create problems elsewhere, and not like you can have half of it in Japan and half in Europe or something.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    The Zilart did it!
    they're not aliens..
    they're... ancient people..
    or maybe ancient aliens? lol

...i hope for PvP sake people no longer blink when changing gear.

edit: geez did their editor even look through that article?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Oreth View Post
    What in the good fuck are you talking about? Having to wait a few days after this is released to the public at a public event is ridiculous but not waiting makes us spoiled. Sure we will have youtube videos, shaky camera videos but them clearly stating which is obvious from the post that they will not be doing any live demonstration via the web or releasing any videos in relation to the event is silly.

Its not unreasonable for me to be dissapointed in the company for not taking every step and making use of every available opportunity to them to relaunch this game to its fullest potential. The power of Social media is way more powerful now then it was 3 years ago when we were in a similar situation.... Get off your high horse!
    Still sounding entitled to me.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post

We all know you know things that we don't, but you also know that this is the exact same thing way they handled 1.0 years ago. No matter how much you know, you cannot expect for people to just sit back and feel confident when they see the exact same process from SE. Thus far, they have done nothing different than with 1.0, regardless of how delicious the actual game may be. Its been the same:

1) Pretty FMVs released (of which SE has no problem releasing directly to the world).
    2) Pretty website designed
    3) Attractive conceptual screenshots released w/ concept art (that always looks high-quality)
    4) Small scraps of information here and there leading to a convention
    5) No official gameplay trailers or vids released by the company, opting instead for shaky-cam videos

Both 1.0 and 2.0 have thus far flowed the exact same way. I could understand why anyone without direct insider knowledge of the game itself - IE: the public who will actually buy or not buy the product, and thus, those who decide whether SE will sink or swim (again!) - would be upset or, at the very least, cautious about the fact that the process has been repeated once again thus far.

That being said, I know that you're right. I absolutely trust what you say, but you need to look outside your own experience and insider information and look at it from the viewpoint of those who can't and have not seen what you've seen. For months now, the main question has been "Has SE learned anything?", and when you see the same things being repeated, you can fully understand if people start thinking "No they haven't!"

Xopher, its not entitled when just about every other main-title game at these conventions posts live-action content. This isn't a brand new SE game; this is a re-building of a shitty game that was doomed by the very same choices that SE again chooses to make. You cannot expect them to get a free pass in the public eye a second time in a row.

If you're going to call his opinion "entitled", then take a look on other forums with a XIV section, and take a look at the comments section for every recent preview: you're going to see a lot of "entitled" people. More "entitled" people than non-entitled.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satu Rhean
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

SE's servers:
    http://lh6.ggpht.com/_jm3lZpaafaA/S0...agi_ikarus.jpg

I'm getting anxious for interviews and write-ups. Pictures are looking nice though.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Read the gamespot write-up I posted if you're getting anxious. Its the first one I've seen.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Wtf is that a picture of?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server