1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 51 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 8 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 1 hours, 51 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satu Rhean
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Read the gamespot write-up I posted if you're getting anxious. Its the first one I've seen.
    I just finished reading it. The write-up sounds good. Hopefully they will keep the momentum up. It mentioned "hundreds of quests." That was one of my biggest gripes with FFXIV. The lack of quests combined with the generic areas really made the game feel sparse. Hopefully the quests are fun, memorable, and add bits of story.

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    You guys are retarded. It's not like they're saying "WE'RE NOT GOING TO RELEASE FOOTAGE AND WE'RE NOT LETTING THE MEDIA RECORD ANYTHING EITHER".

You will see footage of the game within the next couple of days. Stop acting so spoiled

I'm sure you'll see an official gameplay within the next month as well, when they've scripted one to their liking.

HOW DARE YOU QUESTION SE YOU FUCKING SPOILED BRATS PAY FOR THIS SHITTY ALPHA AND FUCKING LOVE IT YOU WEABOO FUCKS I COULD SELL YOU THE SHIT OF A DONKEY WITH A SQUARE ENIX LOGO AND YOUD FUCKING EAT IT IN FRONT OF YOUR CHILDREN YOU DISGUST ME

This is what I saw, Kevin Chang up in here.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Gear Set 1 has me curious if they're going to allow you to swap between a limited number of sets (during battle specifically), or it's just the mannequin load outs for quick job/class swapping.

Write up means shit, dickriding is dickriding. Gameplay video or nothing is fixed.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    We all know you know things that we don't, but you also know that this is the exact same thing way they handled 1.0 years ago. No matter how much you know, you cannot expect for people to just sit back and feel confident when they see the exact same process from SE. Thus far, they have done nothing different than with 1.0, regardless of how delicious the actual game may be. Its been the same:

1) Pretty FMVs released (of which SE has no problem releasing directly to the world).
    2) Pretty website designed
    3) Attractive conceptual screenshots released w/ concept art (that always looks high-quality)
    4) Small scraps of information here and there leading to a convention
    5) No official gameplay trailers or vids released by the company, opting instead for shaky-cam videos

Both 1.0 and 2.0 have thus far flowed the exact same way. I could understand why anyone without direct insider knowledge of the game itself - IE: the public who will actually buy or not buy the product, and thus, those who decide whether SE will sink or swim (again!) - would be upset or, at the very least, cautious about the fact that the process has been repeated once again thus far.

That being said, I know that you're right. I absolutely trust what you say, but you need to look outside your own experience and insider information and look at it from the viewpoint of those who can't and have not seen what you've seen. For months now, the main question has been "Has SE learned anything?", and when you see the same things being repeated, you can fully understand if people start thinking "No they haven't!"

Xopher, its not entitled when just about every other main-title game at these conventions posts live-action content. This isn't a brand new SE game; this is a re-building of a shitty game that was doomed by the very same choices that SE again chooses to make. You cannot expect them to get a free pass in the public eye a second time in a row.

If you're going to call his opinion "entitled", then take a look on other forums with a XIV section, and take a look at the comments section for every recent preview: you're going to see a lot of "entitled" people. More "entitled" people than non-entitled.
    I don't have any insider information. I just have cold, unfeeling logic.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Word on the street is that gear switching doesn't make you blink.

Hallelujah.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Whaaaa? Which street is this? DO WE HAVE AN AGENT IN HAMBURERG??? Jason borne to game con!

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eagleheart Hellsbane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I love the target list in the lower left corner in those screenies. Excellent.

Gearsets ('-' ) are bloody awesome. I cannot begin to express how much I enjoy that one little detail.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Definitely hoping we don't see the return of gearswaps, I imagine the sets are just the mannequin system in action.

I'm surprised by the reactions (although, not really now I think about it) to that dev post, how many devs post live streams? It's fair to say a similar amount of content has been released to when FFXIV was announced, but I don't see how that means it's going to end up the same way at all? Yoshida's been great with providing information up to this point with patches and feedback, I don't really see why now is the point to throw a shit fit when we're going to be seeing the game in action very soon at any rate. Who gives a fuck if it's not 1080p HD from the get go, we're probably getting that at the SE event at the end of the month at the latest.

Edit: (not knighting, I don't play 1.0 and will quite happily ignore 2.0 if it's not up to par, I just don't get the nerdrage over something that seems quite trivial really)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Taisaijin
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    Gear Set 1 has me curious if they're going to allow you to swap between a limited number of sets (during battle specifically), or it's just the mannequin load outs for quick job/class swapping.
    I feel like I remember that there was a dev post saying they didn't have any intention of allowing gear swapping. Maybe I am remembering wrong but I am assuming that its just tied to the mannequin thing.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

All the goodwill their getting from trying to relaunch they are squandering by releasing bad screen shots and refusing to post the game play online. It's so funny it's tragic.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eagleheart Hellsbane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

o.0

There sure is a lot of worrying goin' on here.

Chill, folks. (bo.o) It'll all work out. Just wait 'n see how things proceed.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Kensaki View Post
    All the goodwill their getting from trying to relaunch they are squandering by releasing bad screen shots and refusing to post the game play online. It's so funny it's tragic.
    Ok now this is a bit of white knighting contrary to my previous post. Gamescom hasn't officially started yet, all we've had so far are previews from a couple of sites. Come. On.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by blindSharingan View Post
    I feel like I remember that there was a dev post saying they didn't have any intention of allowing gear swapping. Maybe I am remembering wrong but I am assuming that its just tied to the mannequin thing.
    That is correct. Some time ago they had said they didn't have intention of introducing gear swapping, although people have found ways around it in game now. I'm inclined to believe it's for mannequins, but the "Gear Set 1" threw me off since they had always referred to them as mannequins (although I personally hope they've embraced gear swapping in a restricted manner).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Taisaijin
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Yeah here it is:

Spoke with Battle Master Matsui to get the lowdown on the whole gear swapping question that's got you all buzzin'. In regards to swapping gear while in battle, since changing certain gear while in battle will change your class in FFXIV, we're not planning to make it possible to swap gear in battle. This direction will not change in the future.

We are focusing instead on making adjustments with the battle-related fixes to ensure that you can battle to your utmost ability without having to rely on changing gear multiple times mid-fight.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...l=1#post208791

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Thank god. Fuck situational gear...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Refusing to post videos? Please stop being so fucking stupid. They said there won't be a live stream from them but that's not stopping the press from taking videos at the event and they also never said that videos won't be uploaded on the website.
    You guys are taking this to the extreme as usual.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eagleheart Hellsbane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Macro swaps did a lot to extend the usefulness of certain armor pieces in XI.

That said, if I never make a gearswap macro again I'll be a happy paladin. (O.< ) Glad they are sticking to their guns on that.

And kuro that sig is so true it's painful. (>x_x)

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

FF14 community will remain this till some actual combat is released
    http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/t...body-panic.gif

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kensaki View Post
    I'm not going to pull the blind SE fanboy card here, but I thought the SSs were pretty great. 90% are user interface or gameplay focused.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast