1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 27 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 22 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 11 hours, 27 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Vuitton

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    God, I love that German: "AGCH!" every third syllable. Anyway, onto the vid:

Click-and-drag looks fast and crisp. Groovy. Jump looks fine. Kinda wondering about regular attacks, but not worried, as the current 1.0 system is fine. Insta-mount is good, but I'd rather see a "puff of smoke" entrance like in WoW than the XI-esque "lag-phase entrance". Would have liked to have seen jumping up onto and off of terrain to see if we'll still be victim to the Rolanberry Fields white picket fence of doom. I suspect not, but who knows. Movement certainly seems to resemble a mix of XI and GW2, which isn't bad.

Edit: I took the dragon part as pretty much just a placeholder. The party wasn't moving around, the Dragon wasn't moving around; I suspect actual fights with actual dragons are going to involve a lot more movement. Short of them showing an actual boss encounter, I think we've seen most of what we needed to see in terms of that situation. The scale looks nice.

The engine looks really nice. Great shading and everything except for the ground textures looked lush. Hopefully SE has learned how to work on/with PCs and can optimize the game so that its not leaking everywhere, but it looks good.
    Probably not since they learned to remove clipping from the fences already (ex: La Noscea fences). I hope we can jump over stuff though. I feel like right now, everything puts up a giant invisible wall that is sky high.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eagleheart Hellsbane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Lordender View Post
    You know, all I can picture is everyone bitching on the OF about how much the guy jumped ^^
    I want to go to the OF right now just to look for those comments which will indeed be coming.

I'm pretty sure I know at least three names who will be posting such complaints, too.

But I'm too excited to waste brain cells going to check D:

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

This all looks pretty amazing, enjoying the smaller things like new casting animations as well as the more grand sweeping changes.

Game could be great.

Vuitton

The gameplay footage looks like everything I was expecting, so I feel very proud for SE. I hope that trend continues the more we see of the game. >_>;

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

/slowclap @ meteor

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My mind was blown.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xalien Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I literally convulsed and almost fell to the floor when I saw the limit break. Well fucking done.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Judging from the presentation I felt they nailed that FinalFantasy feeling. From the UI, to the casting animations. Although battle pacing seems about the same (I never had an issue with that), the movements and fx are very dynamic. Also, hard to judge all around but I love how they integrated the zone with the outpost/camp. It didn't seem as halfassed as the camp clones they have now and more onpar with an inland Selbina/Mhuara. For some reason I just figured that each town/city/outpost would be it's own zone with loading screen, which was short sighted of me.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Re: Naoki Yoshida at Gamescom/A Realm Reborn presentations

Look, the stamina bar is back! But it's called TP now! Half kidding, looking forward to watching this again not on my cell phone. Everything looks impressive so far.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Everything looks outstanding, but losing the scale of the original Ishgard and it's original place on a high ledge is devastating to me.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Mother of god @ limit break.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eagleheart Hellsbane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Volken View Post
    Everything looks outstanding, but losing the scale of the original Ishgard and it's original place on a high ledge is devastating to me.

I know ;_; I've been so excited to go to Ishgard and FINALLY see it up close and now ;____________________________;

Literally jizz everywhere. I'm hyped now, as much as I know I shouldn't be.

Goddamn you SE.

I wonder if limit breaks stop the game, or if during your summoning of the meteor animation your party is getting raped by cracks.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xalien Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Volken View Post

Just keep watching the limit break scene. The pain will fade.

Vuitton

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7...isu3o2_500.jpg

I hope we can zoom out that far as shown in the video.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Denmark Holland
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm surprised at how little the jumping actually bothered me. I've always been one of the people that really just didn't want it in the game, but after seeing how it's was done the animation looks nice and it seems to have a practical use so I'm ok with it (though I still expect to be annoyed to all hell by random people just jumping for no reason).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleheart View Post
    I know ;_; I've been so excited to go to Ishgard and FINALLY see it up close and now ;____________________________;
    I was imagining it having the same huge scale as it did from the distance, and the walkable areas would be wide lanes exposed to the environment, spiraling around the outside of the city or something..

I think I read on the OF that there was commentary with the SS that they were really excited about Ishgard, so I'm holding onto the .0001% chance that it's some kind of "rebuild the city" server event. Not likely.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Looks like that limit break was BLM's and it required the entire party to assist with it. Maybe you get to choose which job's limit break to use?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    I wonder if limit breaks stop the game, or if during your summoning of the meteor animation your party is getting raped by cracks.
    thats exactly what i thought
    "will we even have time to enjoy that animation?" and i pray its not once every 3 minute type deal.. Maybe when you use everyone's 2hr in ala AV style (don't hurt me). A limit break happens but once every 3 minutes will make it loose its novelty real quick

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast