1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 20 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 14 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -5 hours, -40 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

BLU should have a LB3 but only if in a party of all BLU and weather it will be a DPS/Tank/Healer LB3 depends on the Aetherial Mimicry of the person using it.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I wonder what LB spell we'd pick for each role? Mighty Guard for Tank is pretty easy, but which for healing and DPS? I could see something POWERFUL like Beta, Pandora's Box or something not used currently in the game (was gonna say Shadowflare, but sch/smn.. *sigh*)

For healer, I have absolutely no idea. White Wind is usually the strongest pure healing blue spell and we already have that.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You guys speakin' like SE would ever have buff-dependent LBs ever in the game when it took them literal years to switch to job-specific LB animations. If they ever gave BLU an LB it'll probably just be a combined damaged mitigation buff + heal + aoe damage on a minor note.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

You guys are over thinking it. It'll be something like "increasing the chance to learn a new spell" or something like that because SE is gonna SE

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    You guys speakin' like SE would ever have buff-dependent LBs ever in the game when it took them literal years to switch to job-specific LB animations. If they ever gave BLU an LB it'll probably just be a combined damaged mitigation buff + heal + aoe damage on a minor note.
    Considering how blu tanking goes, I'll fucking take it, lol.

Vaspinne, I'd expect that if you and I were back in 2005 on our Drgs looking for group under the watchful gaze of Sage Sundi and Tanaka (may they both rot in mobile gatcha trash game development hell), who put fucking MND and CHR on our AF and banned us from using Hauby. XIV ain't that SE, man. They'd do SOMETHING meaningful with the LB.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Considering how blu tanking goes, I'll fucking take it, lol.
    They really need to add some CD-based casts to make tanking not insufferable. Just don't add them before my group finishes off A8S is all I ask, heck if I know how long Verdict phase is going to wall us since I'm the only one in the group fluent with the non-BLU version of it. Anytime there's an AA queue'd into a cleave attack in spots where you can't blow the mana to Diamond it, always sucks.

If they add UCoB/UWU achievements for BLU come 70-cap I'm a nope out though. Spent enough time killing those the regular way.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Turning in Wondrous Tails as a level 79 job granted 19 million xp @.@

Basically half a level. Dope.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Turning in Wondrous Tails as a level 79 job granted 19 million xp @.@

Basically half a level. Dope.
    Seems to be always half a level, at least 70+

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    They really need to add some CD-based casts to make tanking not insufferable. Just don't add them before my group finishes off A8S is all I ask, heck if I know how long Verdict phase is going to wall us since I'm the only one in the group fluent with the non-BLU version of it. Anytime there's an AA queue'd into a cleave attack in spots where you can't blow the mana to Diamond it, always sucks.

If they add UCoB/UWU achievements for BLU come 70-cap I'm a nope out though. Spent enough time killing those the regular way.
    My team is finishing up A12s, then our last one is A8s, so yeah, hold off until we finish our malboro mount.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    My team is finishing up A12s, then our last one is A8s, so yeah, hold off until we finish our malboro mount.
    I will say, aside from tank role being hell in A12S with regards to its strict timings on Diamondback, I had more fun progging it as BLU than I did it during its 3.4 run. It's just a completely different fight when you factor in how to abuse BLU's toolkit for it (like eating Mega Holy with zero mitigation to get critical HP for 500pot hits for a few GCDs) and how fully random Temporal Stasis is, which I always wanted it to back in the day.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

We were just talking about that in raid. There's really no content in any other MMO that's like 8-man blue progging. You basically have to rewrite how you attempt boss fights because everyone counts as a DPS for most ability checks (except for a rare few that ignore the highest threat target) and because the tank is absolute fucking paper outside of diamondback.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

This video was just suggested to me on youtube, and it kind of blows my mind. This moment waaaaay back in Heavensward pretty much sets up the entire Shadowbringer's storyline. And after this cutscene happens, you pretty much forget about it for 4 years as it's not brought up at all anymore in HW or SB lol

Crazy foreshadowing and I'm so goddamn thankful they made an incredibly wonderful expansion story out of this

Edit: For anyone wondering what Shadowbringers is about and why people love the story so much (as was asked in I think the FFXVI thread?), what you do in Shadowbringers is basically go and save the world that is being talked about in this cutscene. Add in one of the best FF antagonists ever as well as a catboy who dreams of being an adventurer with you but is bound by a bloodline duty that ends up dictating his life, and that's the gist of the expansion story.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

As someone who played through the story beginning to end right before Shadowbringer was released, I do remember that cutscene and it really made me think back to it when I entered Shadowbringer. If you do all of class quests you get an additional quest that also ties the events of Shadowbringer back to the events in World of Darkness and the character introduced with the Warring Triad.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I played through just about everything post-ARR after Shadowbringers had been released and I roughly knew what it would be about, was really surprised when all that stuff happened as early as Heavensward, always thought it would happen towards the end of Stormblood.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

They are always teasing the next two expansions out.

1.0 teased Ishgard
    2.0 teased Ala Mhigo
    3.0 teased the First
    4.0 teased Garlemald (assuming)
    5.0 teased Sharlayan (assuming)