Full Inteview HERE however I just translated the summarized version by a Japanese matome site here. This interview is from the London Fan Festival.
Disclaimer: My Japanese isn't perfect and I'm not too familiar with 1.0 terminology so I welcome any corrections.
- They had an idea to make Samurai a tank. However because the Heavensward (I think they call it Souten no Ishgard in Jp) theme is dark, they felt a dark knight was more fitting for the role.
- Inside of YoshiP the Samurai feels more like a DPS than a tank.
- Since they released the Ninja job,they didn't want another Japanese style job
-They decided to skip Samurai for now but since a lot of people request it they are still examining whether to add it in the future
Implementation of Dark Knight
- Strong image of FF Tactics and Ogre Battle
- Image of the two handed swordsman Guts similar to that from the manga Berserk.
- Thought about making it a DPS but ultimately settled on tank
- Can't talk about why DK has no class
- Will be available to chose at the start of the expansion
Regarding unannounced job
- Making the new job too simple is not going to be interesting. (Fixed, thank you AkirraKrylon)
- If you look at FF series of the past carefully you can imagine what it will be
- I will talk about it at the TokyoFanfest
- Heavensward trailer has some 2.5 contents so some of them will be implemented before the expansion pack
- It will be a connection to the current story like the current story did to 1.0
- Will talk a lot about patch 2.5 at Tokyo Fanfest
- Odin battle will be added right after the fanfest is over.
- The Odin battle at fanfest will be "hard mode" while an extreme mode will be implemented for the game.
Regarding Flying Mounts
- You will be able to fly over the entire map of the new area
- However in 3.0 you will NOT be able to fly over the current game maps.
- There will be no limit on the time it takes to fly (Fixed thank you bennyr)
- Rewards will be given so that you can fly over the whole area right away
- When you reach the level cap (new one?) it will be very rewarding
- There will be adjustments made to mount variety. The basics are done but they are tweaking the gimicks and types.
- There will be no air battles other than for story/cutscenes etc
- You will not be able to fight field mobs in the air etc.
- Adventurers will be able to go to the Dragon World Dravania (Thank you bennyr)
- They keep their policy from 1.0 that you can go to places that have been "named" (aka you can't fly to a random unknown area?)
Regarding the New Primals
- Since we've mostly used up all the old classic FF primals we figured we'd do something new
- Since Bismarck is a beast type, we decided Ravanna to have a cool insect type design
- The battle is meant to include the new job which means the base level will be 60