1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 20 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 7 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 2 hours, 20 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Square Enix today announced that Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is in development for the PlayStation 4 system, and is due to release in 2014.

Square Enix is currently in talks with Sony Computer Entertainment to ensure that players who purchase the PlayStation®3 version of the game will be able to smoothly transition their game accounts to the PS4 version upon its release.

“The heart of everything we’re working towards is enabling players and their friends to experience their own rich Final Fantasy adventure,” said Naoki Yoshida, Producer & Director. ”The deeply integrated social capabilities of the PS4 will make it a natural home for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. The team and I are thrilled to continue our adventure on the next generation gaming platform, and we hope that you’ll join us!”

The PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system and Windows PC versions will enter the third phase of beta testing on Friday, June 14th, and are due for global release on August 27th. A free 30-day trial is also included for new accounts, with monthly subscriptions starting at $12.99 / £7.69 / €10.99.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

PS3 UI Demo

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

XIV not coming XB1 because Microsoft are dicks
    Final Fantasy 14 probably won’t be making the jump to Xbox One because of the platform’s closed community policies, according to director Naoki Yoshida.

“I personally don’t like saying no to anything, and I’d like to keep that option open,” Yoshida told Polygon of the possibility of an Xbox One release now that the MMORPG has been confirmed for PlayStation 4 as well as PC

“We want this game on as many systems as possible and get the game into the hands of as many players as possible, so we won’t say that we won’t do it.

“But if we published to Xbox One right now, it would essentially be an Xbox only community.”

Yoshida pointed out, quite reasonably, that the Xbox community is tiny in Japan, and given that Japan is the franchise’s strongest territory, there’re just not enough players to support the game – especially as Microsoft’s Xbox platform policies do not allow cross-play with other consoles.

“Maybe you only have a few thousand people who maybe really love Final Fantasy and are playing the Xbox version,” he said.

“But because it’s a closed community, you only have this tiny community that is not allowed to play with the rest of the world, and you worry how you’re going to retain that community. An MMO is built on its community, and if it’s weak, then what is the point?”
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/13/xbox...-14-developer/
    http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/12/442...ware-plans-the

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    XIV not coming XB1 because Microsoft are dicks
    Coincidentally, this explanation of Microsoft's Xbox One-specific policies should thoroughly quash anyone's dreams of cross-platform games in the future. Before, they were extremely unlikely; now, if the policies have been tightened as much as Yoshida says they've been (I haven't heard anyone else say this, but why would he lie?), they will apparently be completely impossible.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Arcanist, Summoner, Scholar

Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/06/...player-on-ps4/

A lot of questions are being asked by the fans on the caveats of the PlayStation Plus requirements for multiplayer with the upcoming PS4, and Sony Worldwide Studio President Shuhei Yoshida provided some straight answers as part of a wider interview on the Japanese gaming site Game Watch.

First of all Yoshida-san was very clear in reassuring customers that “multiplayer on PS3 and PS Vita will remain free of charge” as it is now, then he moved on to explain the reasons behind the move towards a required subscription model for the PS4.

We’re focusing on new services and online, like the “Share” button I previously mentioned and the ability to play using mobile devices with the cloud feature. Our plan is to continue to invest in the future, but investing like this is not compatible with our previous policy that involved reducing costs by every mean to keep the service free.

He also went as far as to apologize for placing an additional cost on the customers’ wallets:

I apologize for the financial burden on our users, but on PS4 it’ll also provide early access to beta versions, free games and discounts like on PS3 and PS Vita. In addition to that PS Plus members will receive for free a special edition with slightly reduced functions of DriveClub.

Interestingly enough he made sure to specify that not all online functions will be closed to those that will decide to opt-out from subscribing to the PS Plus services.

While direct competition in real time won’t be possible [without PS Plus] for instance in the case of DriveClub, asynchronous online gameplay and receiving data from other players will still be free of charge.

Finally, he was asked if players will need a PS Plus subscription to play MMORPGs like Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn and The Elder Scrolls Online:

You will need it to enjoy online multiplayer.
    This will also depend on the judgement by the publishers, and there will be some free to play titles that you’ll be able to play without needing a PS Plus subscription, like PlanetSide 2 and DC Universe Online.

That’s quite a lot of interesting info from Yoshida-san, that has definitely been very vocal lately. Our very own Chad thinks that it’s ok to pay for online multiplayer; how do you feel about it?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will feature a number of Final Fantasy XIII cross-overs, Square Enix confirmed at Japan Expo in France.

A Lightning costume can be obtained by fighting alongside Lightning herself. There’s also a Snow costume for males, and weapons from Final Fantasy XIII.
    http://gematsu.com/2013/07/final-fan...g-costume-more
    http://bbs2.ruliweb.daum.net/gaia/do...=1&platformId=

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Follow-up
    Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn director Naoki Yoshida has confirmed that the reason the game will be the 'odd one out' and the only upcoming entry in the series to skip Xbox platforms is down to Microsoft's ongoing Xbox Live policies.

"The policy has not changed on Microsoft's side," Yoshida revealed to us when asked if an exclusivity deal had been signed with Sony alongside the PS4 version or if the lack of an Xbox platform version was still thanks to Microsoft's restrictive Xbox Live Policies.

Specifically, Microsoft refuses to allow titles to share multiplayer servers between other platforms. For Final Fantasy XI's Xbox 360 release the company made an exception - presumably to curry favour with Square Enix to secure Final Fantasy XIII's release for their console - but no such exception has been made for the latest MMO entry. If Square Enix want to release it, they'd have to offer another set of servers for the Xbox 360 release. PC, PS3 and PS4 are all intended to share with no boundaries once released.

The main reason from our side is that I don't want the community to be divided; to be split into two or more. For example, one player might be on the PC version, another might be on the PS4 version, and I'm playing the Xbox version - but we're not able to join the same game servers. That is just... I just don't like the idea. I disagree with it.

To be frankly honest with you, there are now so many mobile devices, smart phones, everything -- why would you ever just stick to one platform from the hardware aspect? Just -- make it open to everyone? That's my opinion.

I would love for as many players as possible to enjoy the game worldwide, so from a business point of view it could make sense to have it on the Xbox platforms. But as I mentioned earlier, that would bring about the tragedy that somebody might have to give up their existing character. Then players might get frustrated, and then they ask us - 'Square Enix, can't you do something?' and then... yeah. Unless that happens, we can't really do anything.
    The fact that Final Fantasy XIV had potential for an Xbox 360 version has never exactly been a secret. Previous producer Hiromichi Tanaka said the company was "actively pursuing" additional platforms back at E3 2009, and then a Xbox 360 version of the game popped up on a developer's LinkedIn profile in early 2010. Shortly after taking over in 2011, Yoshida told us he was "continuing our talks with Microsoft" and hinted that the game might put in an appearance on the next iteration of Xbox.
    http://www.rpgsite.net/news/2498-ff1...n-to-microsoft

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Key Allies Introduced

The Scions of the Sventh Dawn

Minfilia
    Spoiler: show
    A woman whose gentle eyes and caring demeanor conceal a steely determination. Amidst the chaos that reigns in the wake of the Calamity, Minfilia seeks to find a hero who will help to usher in an era of enduring peace. She is said to harbor a keen interest in preternatural phenomena.

Thancred
    A self-professed bard and chaser of dreams, often seen wandering the wilds of Thanalan. Ever the charmer, Thancred never misses an opportunity to woo a lovely lady with verses of adulation. This foppish facade, however, conceals many secrets, not the least of which is his puissant skill with a dagger.

Yda
    A young woman with the skills of a pugilist, Yda is always seen with her companion, Papalymo, as they go about their enigmatic business in the verdant Black Shroud. Though appearing carefree and almost flippant at times, the depth of her focus is revealed in battle, where she stands ever ready to protect her comrades.

Papalymo
    This Lalafellin youth wields the powers of a thaumaturge, and is highly knowledgeable in the field of aether. Papalymo’s childlike features, typical of his race, bely a biting cynicism that often puts him at odds with the perpetually cheerful Yda, the companion with whom he roves the Black Shroud.

Y’shtola
    This beautiful and enigmatic Miqo’te is often seen wandering the lands of La Noscea. Her mastery of the arcane arts and conversance with ancient tongues mark her as far more than a simple traveler.

Louisoix
    The wise and wizened former leader of the Circle of Knowing, a fellowship of learned individuals hailing from the far-northern island nation of Sharlayan. In seeking to forestall the calamitous arrival of the Seventh Umbral Era, Louisoix invoked the power of the Twelve, Eorzea’s pantheon of guardian deities. Alas, he disappeared amidst a blinding light following the ritual, and has not been seen or heard from since.

Urianger
    An Elezen sage and scholar of prophetic teachings, Urianger was one of the first to draw the attention of Eorzeans to the peril of the Seventh Umbral Era. Formerly of the Circle of Knowing, he is infamous among adventures for the guidance he proffers via his cryptic utterances.

Alphinaud & Alisaie
    A self-assured young man and his strong-willed twin sister, recently come to Eorzea in pursuit of an unknown agenda. In spite of their tender years, the two carry themselves with an air of unwavering purpose.

Garlond Ironworks

Cid
    A brilliant magitek engineer, Cid nan Garlond defected from his native Garlemald and came to Eorzea, where he founded the ironworks of his namesake. He now shares his knowledge with the people of his adoptive homeland, that they might defy the imperial menace he once served.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Dungeon Crawl part 1

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Extended Trailer & Japanese TV Commercial

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Party Play

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stanislaw Ziolkowski
    FFXIV Server
    Durandal

Dungeon Crawl part 2

Related Blog Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne
    Dungeon Diving Deux
    August 20, 2013

Greetings, everyone!
    Bayohne here once more!

I promised you all a look at the second dungeon video and today I make good on that promise! Take a look at “Dungeon Crawl, Part 2!”

Last time I was able to get some behind-the-scenes artwork of the dungeons off of the network share drive. Unfortunately, it seems they caught on and restricted my account.

Luckily, I know Camate’s account details and used his to get these other new concept images from the dungeons in the trailer!

The Sunken Temple of Qarn
    http://rss.finalfantasyxiv.com/jp/blog/jp/DUN2_1.jpg

The Stone Vigil
    http://rss.finalfantasyxiv.com/jp/blog/jp/DUN2_2.jpg

The Wanderer's Palace
    http://rss.finalfantasyxiv.com/jp/blog/jp/DUN2_5.jpg

Amdapor Keep
    http://rss.finalfantasyxiv.com/jp/blog/jp/DUN2_4.jpg

By the way, the end of the dungeon video really gets me psyched to fight that guy…
    Bayohne

Primals trailer

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius