+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza View Post
    Are you for real? Like, seriously, no trolling.
    Spoiler: show
    Yep.

When every single post is spoilered, the spoiler tag is no longer a warning that they contain anything more than just what happened in the previous episode.
    It's like the boy who cried spoilers, or something. After a while, it's kind of hard to take that spoiler tag seriously.

snape kills dumbledore

Oh, i'm sorry, did you just click every single spoiler thinking none of them contained actual spoilers? Well i spoilered it, so not my problem

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

So we should have spoiler tags and spoiler warning tags!!

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Alternatively just not spoiler tag every single post in a thread, but yeah, that'd work too.

Like, as is, there is zero point in going into some threads if you aren't going to open every spoiler tag. There is literally nothing unspoilered except "i liked this episode" or "i didn't like this episode". When this is the case, an actual warning is needed when actual spoilers are being posted, instead of just episode discussion.

Banned.

BG Level

Re: BECAUSE SOME OF YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN: A refresher on spoilers and the bannings that will occur

You're out-dumbing yourself fast.
    Don't go into threads until the grace period is over and you'll be able to freely discuss what's happening!

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Except for the part where no one will ever be discussing anything that's grace period has passed.

It is impossible to discuss a show where every single post is spoilered, and not be spoiled by surprise spoilers. Either you're going to click on the spoilers you don't want to, or you cannot possibly read the discussion.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

If you're opening up spoiler tags expect to see a spoiler. To expect anything else is sheer stupidity on your own part dood. There is absolutely no reason to have a warning of any type. 9 times out of 10 when I click on a spoiler it has relevant content in it. It's not just random comments that don't pertain to the subject at hand. This is kind of a ridiculous thing to be complaining about.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by hey View Post
    Could we possibly require a warning outside of the spoiler tag when posting actual spoilers, instead of just discussing what just happened? ie, anything that hasn't happened yet, from books or teasers, etc?

It's kind of dumb when every single post is spoilered and then hidden among them is a real spoiler with no warning.
    Are you fucking kidding me? It's already annoying enough having to click every spoiler tag because someone got their panties in a bunch instead of just not reading a thread for a show they weren't caught up on, now you want us to specify our posts intent? No. You want to read the thread, go watch the show/movie/etc, then read it.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    9 times out of 10 when I click on a spoiler it has relevant content in it.
    It's the other 1/10 time (more like 1/1000 really, but that just makes it worse) that i have a problem with.

To expect anything else is sheer stupidity on your own part dood.
    When probably 99.9% of the spoilered text contains no spoilers for anyone who has watched the latest episode of a series, why would i expect spoilers in a spoiler tag?

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You want to read the thread, go watch the show/movie/etc, then read it.
    Thanks for missing the point.

My point is for spoilers that spoil thigns for people who HAVE seen it. For example, posting stuff that happens in a book, but has not yet happened in the tv show based on it. Anyone going into a thread clicking spoiler tags for a show they haven't seen is either retarded, or wants to be spoiled.

Furthermore, you must have missed the part where i said a better solution was to just not spoiler tag discussion of the latest episode, unless you contains actual spoilers, which might not want to be read by people who have seen the latest episode. That way people can just skip over the spoiler tags without having the entire thread be completely blank, not to mention being easier for everyone invovled.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

My apologies for misunderstanding. Only using spoiler tags for future episodes/events not covered yet, and not for anything that's already aired, sounds great to me

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

When probably 99.9% of the spoilered text contains no spoilers for anyone who has watched the latest episode of a series, why would i expect spoilers in a spoiler tag?
    Ain't gonna happen. All it takes is one douche who missed an episode reporting a post that isn't spoilered and someone gets temped. Hence why everything is spoilered now.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ain't gonna happen. All it takes is one douche who missed an episode reporting a post that isn't spoilered and someone gets temped. Hence why everything is spoilered now.
    Hence why i'm here now.

It's nice to have rules that protect retards, but when they are causing problems for people who weren't born yesterday, they need to be rethought.

I don't blame people for spoilering their posts. I blame retarded rules that require them to do so, but don't consider how this will affect people's concern over clicking them.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It's not going to change dood. You're pissing in the wind here.

Blackice

^

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Oh well if nothing is going to change, i guess i may as well just deal with being spoiled and not even voice my concerns to the people who are causing it to happen.

Especially when they have asked for feedback.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

May want to do it in the actual feedback thread. You'll probably get a faster response.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

That is how I feel.. It funny how a rule gets put in place only to have exact opposite effect. Hence more people actually getting spoiled because no one can tell what a real spoiler is.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

oh so that is how double posts happen....

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

hey is the stupidity BG is catering these rules to.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Now I'm on board!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast