Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Admittedly you had me laughing my ass off on a pretty shitty day though.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post
    hey is the stupidity BG is catering these rules to.
    I'm pretty sure it's not, since i don't go in threads here for tv series if i haven't seen the latest episode.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by hey View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's not, since i don't go in threads here for tv series if i haven't seen the latest episode.
    This should be the fucking rule for most TV threads, honestly. The spoiler thing is so fucktarded.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    This should be the fucking rule for most TV threads, honestly. The spoiler thing is so fucktarded.
    This.

Can you even imagine what the Game of Thrones thread is going to look like...

*spoiler*awesome EP, I can't believe someone did that*spoiler*
    *spoiler*Yeah wow, I really need to read the books*spoiler*
    *spoiler*wait I don't understand why someone did that*spoiler*
    *spoiler*well in the book... MEGA SPOILER*spoiler*

This just happened in the Dexter thread, something that was in some preview was mixed in with everything else.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Yeah in the Dex thread spoilers that hadn't even happened yet were tossed in there and then you'd read it and go, welp I now know something I shouldn't. Having to spoiler things from the current episodes makes it so everything in all threads are 100% in spoiler, even though most of them aren't actual spoilers.

This whole thing is going to cause more problems than anything. If it becomes a regular thing I'm probably just not going to go in these threads anymore, even though I always go into them up to date.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Agreed with that. There's a difference between discussing the latest episode, and discussing some leaked information (or in the case of some of these shows, book information) about upcoming episodes that haven't aired yet.

I work nights so I almost never see a show the night it airs. I see the thread pop up in my control panel and I ignore it until I've seen the episode. Actually, seeing the thread pop up reminds me that I have to download the episode I missed. Once I've done that, I go in and read others' observations, quote/reply to what I agree with, and post my own take on the episode or what I think might happen next.

I've made the mistake of going into a thread before I've seen the episode. I was spoiled on who died in the latest episode of Burn Notice. I was mad at myself for clicking the thread, not at everyone else for posting what happened.

So much unnecessary butthurt about spoilers. I agree that if it's unaired or otherwise not yet canon on a show, it should be hidden, and marked. For example:

Leaked on episode 5:
    Spoiler: show
    Johnny kills Jane!

But on the day of episode 5 after it airs, why should that be hidden? Doesn't make sense.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Actually, seeing the thread pop up reminds me that I have to download the episode I missed.
    Same. Who needs a calendar when you got BG.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I sure as fuck stayed away from the Breaking Bad thread till I got caught up >_>
    Are people seriously that stupid they want to check a thread dedicated to TALKING ABOUT the latest episodes, when they haven't watched them?

I mean this rule might have been more plausible when we got download links posted (RIP Qalpal) but now it just seems stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellahh View Post
    I sure as fuck stayed away from the Breaking Bad thread till I got caught up >_>
    Are people seriously that stupid they want to check a thread dedicated to TALKING ABOUT the latest episodes, when they haven't watched them?

I mean this rule might have been more plausible when we got download links posted (RIP Qalpal) but now it just seems stupid.
    Yes, people are that stupid. It's always the dumb asses that ruin it for the rest of the people with at least half a brain.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Holy shit at you guys jumping all over hey, his point makes complete fucking sense.

I'm going to spell this out again in case you still don't get it:

When EVERYTHING is spoilered, actual spoilers (i.e. what happens later in the season) look the exact same as normal discussion of the episode that just aired. For courtesy's sake, it would nice for people to detail above the spoiler content if it is an actual spoiler, as in "later in the season spoiler below."

Or the ridiculous rule on some of the content spoilers could be changed but it doesn't look like that is going to happen.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I think a lot of people misunderstood hey's initial point. After he explained it more clearly I'd be willing to be there isn't a single non retard that doesn't agree with it. Spoiler period should be 24 - 48 hours tops and then after that everything is free game for previous episodes etc.

Banned.

BG Level

Re: BECAUSE SOME OF YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN: A refresher on spoilers and the bannings that will occur

I think we went over that shit like 4 posts after the OP and shit still is not changing.
    As for hey, I just think calling and wrapping something in SPOILER tags, and then crying because (gasp!) it contains a spoiler is beyond stupid.
    I do agree its abused and pointless the way it stands now though.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

look at it how I explained it in spam
    Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    if someone complained that images of any kind are nsfw since you shouldn't be looking at funny internet pictures at work, and they required all pics to be nsfw tagged, then everyone would just open nsfw tags to see the pictures anyways. and then raggy posts a picture of his asshole and people lose their job. is that the world you want to live in?
    when everything is at the same level of being marked, it is as if nothing is marked

Banned.

BG Level

Re: BECAUSE SOME OF YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN: A refresher on spoilers and the bannings that will occur

Yes, same basic premise, different scenario. In spam tags are optional at best; in threads here they are mandatory else you might incurr the ire of idiots and get banned. People just avoids the hassle of writing vague shit like I do and post in spoiler tags.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

I said that in spam, I wasn't saying it applied to spam, it's a fucking analogy. The point is, when 99% of the stuff behind spoiler tags is discussion of the recent episode and you actually want to read it, and 1% is actual spoilers for UPCOMING EPISODES there is no way to tell them apart. That is a glaring flaw. You can't go "doesn't matter it was behind a spoiler tag hurrr" when the entire fucking thread is in spoiler tags, it doesn't actually warn jack shit.

Banned.

BG Level

I was agreeing with you, no need to repeat yourself.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Fuck you I will repeat myself if I feel like it.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Fuck you I will repeat myself if I feel like it. 

Banned.

BG Level

lol