+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Why bother continuing to click then? Surely they can't be saying something so grossly important that you can't just ignore it and move on.

It's an overreaction sure, but holy fuck the cause of the overreaction is probably some of the most downright retarded shit i've ever seen for mayad; if you aren't current on the fucking TV show stay out. Stop ruining it for everyone else, you aren't contributing anything to any discussion when you ain't current yo.

Movies are a different case, but who cares (this is all butthurt over TV shows).

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    Here are 2 more possible solutions. Make one thread used for all television shows. Something like, What are you watching RIGHT NOW? (SPOILER ALERT) where people can post their color commentary, like we have in the sports threads. That will keep a lot of the shit posts of "OMG I KNEW IT", "OOH SHII", "THEY KILLED MY NIGGA NED" out of the actual discussion thread for each show.

Or, those people can use BG Chat...

That should cut down on a large chunk of the spoiler usage, shit posts, and complaints.
    Yeah, no thanks. The anime forum just uses a single thread for everything, and it's the dumbest thing ever. You'd have to be caught up on every single show you watch, or you can't discuss anything, without risking having an unrelated show spoiled. Fuck that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by hey View Post
    Yeah, no thanks. The anime forum just uses a single thread for everything, and it's the dumbest thing ever. You'd have to be caught up on every single show you watch, or you can't discuss anything, without risking having an unrelated show spoiled. Fuck that shit.
    How about you make a thread for that show if it's that important to you? Anime thread is basically there for the myriad of shows that come out every season. If it's good enough, it'll get its own topic, like Chihayafuru or Panty and Stocking.

There's no problem in the anime section, just stop being so damn timid and make a topic if you wanna talk about that show. Also, considering not everything gets equal interest in the anime section, you WILL get like a dozen or more new topics every 12 weeks or so for every random anime that is aired that season.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    There's no problem in the anime section, just stop being so damn timid and make a topic if you wanna talk about that show.
    I'm too timid for that.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

How about you make a thread for that show if it's that important to you? Anime thread is basically there for the myriad of shows that come out every season. If it's good enough, it'll get its own topic, like Chihayafuru or Panty and Stocking.

There's no problem in the anime section, just stop being so damn timid and make a topic if you wanna talk about that show. Also, considering not everything gets equal interest in the anime section, you WILL get like a dozen or more new topics every 12 weeks or so for every random anime that is aired that season.
    I think you've confused yourself, or you're not seeing the point. There's a large difference between being too timid to make a thread about one specific anime and there being a thread made for every season before the season starts that everybody is already posting in.

For example: There is no dedicated Accel world thread. If I make one right now that doesn't magically make all the posts from the general thread move to my new thread. Furthermore, why am I making a thread for an anime I haven't even started watching yet? (Or may not be caught up on yet.)

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    I think you've confused yourself, or you're not seeing the point. There's a large difference between being too timid to make a thread about one specific anime and there being a thread made for every season before the season starts that everybody is already posting in.
    This isn't about a difference, do you even get what I'm saying? General anime thread is news about the season and discussion/impression about the shows, it isn't specific to anything apart from that season, so there's no reason you can't make another topic specific to your interests and there's no reason why discussion of that show wouldn't go there instead. My point is, if you feel a show is important enough to you (whether you're behind or up to date), make a fucking thread for it. If you're the only one who gives a shit and no one else posts then nothing of value was lost.

You think Claymore, Chihayafuru, Panty and Stocking, Gundam, FMA: Brotherhood, Mahou Sensei Negima or the Bakuman thread would exist if people didn't care enough to make a thread specifically for those thngs? Those threads came from the general anime/manga topics, some had threads just because people thought they would be the shit anyway.

For example: There is no dedicated Accel world thread. If I make one right now that doesn't magically make all the posts from the general thread move to my new thread. Furthermore, why am I making a thread for an anime I haven't even started watching yet? (Or may not be caught up on yet.)
    Again, my point, is not to have ALL discussion move magically to a specific thread because that would be retarded. My point, and I can't stress this enough, is if you like a show enough MAKE A THREAD about it and the talk about it in that thread. People aren't going to magically forget what they think about the show so discussion can start or continue. Why is it so important that previous (and typically at that point irrelevant) discussion appear in the thread?

General thread serves its purpose of giving general news and impressions, by the time the thread becomes spoilerific (about 5 weeks into the season depending on content) you should have a pretty good idea of what you like and what you don't like. How is this hard to understand? You like it, make a topic. Also, let's not forget that people make threads for TV shows that haven't aired yet or they haven't watched, why not anime?

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

ITT people who can't use logic to avoid spoiling themselves.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoshura View Post
    ITT people who can't use logic to avoid spoiling themselves.
    Worse, people afraid of making threads in a place built specifically for that purpose (the hosting threads part, not the content of said threads as this was originally for XI)

Edit: Like, seriously who the fuck cares if we have a thread for each season / sequel of whatever.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

General thread serves its purpose of giving general news and impressions, by the time the thread becomes spoilerific (about 5 weeks into the season depending on content) you should have a pretty good idea of what you like and what you don't like. How is this hard to understand? You like it, make a topic. Also, let's not forget that people make threads for TV shows that haven't aired yet or they haven't watched, why not anime?
    It's like you're being purposefully obtuse. You're telling me I don't understand, when you haven't even addressed my point yet. Do you even understand what I'm saying?

In the general thread is every anime for the season. Every one. If I want to talk about one specific anime I get screwed by every other anime being mentioned in that thread. If I make a new thread for an anime I'm not even watching yet, or not caught up on yet, so I don't get spoiled then I still can't read the general thread because the posts on that anime are still there.

Your solution only works if I go out of my way and make a thread for every anime I might watch, which means I make a thread for most of the anime being discussed in the general, which means there's no point in having a general in the first place.

Making a thread for only one anime only removes that one anime from the problem, and it doesn't retroactively remove the posts so I can't view the earlier parts of the general thread. Are you seriously telling me I should just make a thread for every anime I plan to watch as soon as the season starts?

It's like you're being purposefully obtuse. You're telling me I don't understand, when you haven't even addressed my point yet. Do you even understand what I'm saying?
    I understand that you think that making a topic to talk about specific anime seems to be a problem for you. I'm sorry about that, clearly there is no hope for you.

In the general thread is every anime for the season. Every one. If I want to talk about one specific anime I get screwed by every other anime being mentioned in that thread. If I make a new thread for an anime I'm not even watching yet, or not caught up on yet, so I don't get spoiled then I still can't read the general thread because the posts on that anime are still there.
    The point of the general thread is to talk about anime you like. If there are topics about the anime you like, then the general thread is not needed for you then is it? Then the general thread is for the anime that doesn't have a specific topic or that people (yes, a forum with people in it) don't particularly have an interest in. If no one wants to make a topic for it, but people want to talk about it, then it'll go in general. You have no one to blame but yourself.

Your solution only works if I go out of my way and make a thread for every anime I might watch, which means I make a thread for most of the anime being discussed in the general, which means there's no point in having a general in the first place.
    You mean, like everyone else goes out of their way to make topics for TV shows, movies and games? Why is doing this for anime more of a problem than anything else? I'll tell you, it isn't.

And again, I'll tell you the purpose of general. It's for anime news (aka Ker's posts), and discussion about shows that don't have a dedicated thread for them. If people start making dedicated threads, general anime can just be news about the current season and next seasons line up, which isn't bad either.

Making a thread for only one anime only removes that one anime from the problem, and it doesn't retroactively remove the posts so I can't view the earlier parts of the general thread. Are you seriously telling me I should just make a thread for every anime I plan to watch as soon as the season starts?
    It's not going to fix shit over night. Is that what you were expecting? Is...is that the problem? You want a magical quick fix solution but all you're doing is bitching about shit you think is too hard to do. What's your solution to the problem, because I've outlined mine and all I'm seeing from you is "That's too haaaaaaaard."

If people started making topics for anime they like, then people would talk about that anime in those topics. The more topics to specific anime you have, the less that needs to be discussed in general anime. If you started thinking a little more long term you would see that this would work. It's not going to change general anime overnight, sorry if that's what you want.

And yes, I'm seriously (for the last 2-3 posts now, in case that wasn't clear) telling you to make a thread for every anime you plan to watch, every anime you're interested in, hell, even anime you don't give a flying fuck about. You want to make an Accel World topic? Go ahead, I could've made a Space Bros topic or a Kokoro Connect topic if I wanted to specifically talk about those anime. I personally have no problem skipping posts that don't interest me.

You think you have to read every single post there? You can't see people put "Muv-Luv 8" at the top of their posts and say to yourself, "I haven't seen Muv-Luv 8, I won't read that post." I don't understand why this is so difficult for you guys.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So here's the thing:

People keep saying to make threads for shows we want to discuss. What about shows we don't want to discuss, but also don't want spoiled? Or what if, imagine for a second, we don't specifically want to discuss a show, but might be interested in seeing if anyone else does, of if perhaps someone commented on something we may not have noticed?

I don't have a problem with discussing a bunch of shows in one thread. i have a problem with posting spoilers for every show, often without spoiler tags, in the same thread that is used for every show, as well as news.

Having threads for each show would be great, but an easier solution would be to just spoiler all non-news discussion.

So here's the thing:

People keep saying to make threads for shows we want to discuss. What about shows we don't want to discuss, but also don't want spoiled? Or what if, imagine for a second, we don't specifically want to discuss a show, but might be interested in seeing if anyone else does, of if perhaps someone commented on something we may not have noticed?
    How are these problems that can't be solved by dedicated threads?

You don't want to discuss the show (which is pretty silly considering forums are primarily for discussion) or want it spoiled? If all talk is the dedicated thread, this isn't a problem.

Want to see what other people are saying? There's a thread for that. Dedicated threads are more likely to adhere to spoiler rules because the people in that topic actually care. In general thread, it's hard to give a shit about spoilers because you could be talking about 2-3 different shows in a single post and not all of them given equal care.

I don't have a problem with discussing a bunch of shows in one thread. i have a problem with posting spoilers for every show, often without spoiler tags, in the same thread that is used for every show, as well as news.

Having threads for each show would be great, but an easier solution would be to just spoiler all non-news discussion.
    They're both easy solutions. Making a topic is just as easy as spoilering text. Only dedicated threads encourage better discussion and focus news/related topics in that thread that's easy to find and access later (rather than having to search through hundred of pages).

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

How are these problems that can't be solved by dedicated threads?
    They aren't.

You don't want to discuss the show (which is pretty silly considering forums are primarily for discussion) or want it spoiled? If all talk is the dedicated thread, this isn't a problem.
    Why is it silly that i don't want to discuss certain shows? Yes, having dedicated threads for every single show would solve this problem, but i'm not sure that's really necessary.

Want to see what other people are saying? There's a thread for that. Dedicated threads are more likely to adhere to spoiler rules because the people in that topic actually care. In general thread, it's hard to give a shit about spoilers because you could be talking about 2-3 different shows in a single post and not all of them given equal care.
    Encouraging people to use spoiler tags by making spoiler tags redundant. Sounds awesome.

They're both easy solutions. Making a topic is just as easy as spoilering text. Only dedicated threads encourage better discussion and focus news/related topics in that thread that's easy to find and access later (rather than having to search through hundred of pages).
    Yeah, i don't disagree. One thread per show would be a lot better. People are obviously not willing to make a thread for each shitty show though.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

As I mod, I can safely say you are all welcome to make threads for anime shows you're interested in. I agree with elcura's statement that if people are interested the thread will grow. If not it'll die off to another page and probably wouldn't have generated discussion anyway.

the general thread can be for upcoming shows or shows so random people don't care about.

Encouraging people to use spoiler tags by making spoiler tags redundant. Sounds awesome.
    That's not exactly what I had in mind when I think about it, but basically it would be treated the same as any other thread about some shit.

People are obviously not willing to make a thread for each shitty show though.
    That much is for sure, and that's probably because unlike you and some others they're satisfied with how the general thread works currently (as they say, if it ain't broke don't fix it - but that isn't the same for everyone).

Either way something's gotta give, either people being more careful about spoilers in general section or making dedicated topics. I prefer topics obviously for reasons other than it's easier to contain spoilers in those threads than in general.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

As someone who (lately) hasn't watched any seasonal animes until after the season is over, I would love to see individual threads for each anime. I would not have to wade through a giant ass convoluted thread. I know a lot of people lose interest in animes after 3-5 episodes and seeing a thread still getting posts near the end of it's run would be a good indicator that it might be worth watching.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Could we possibly require a warning outside of the spoiler tag when posting actual spoilers, instead of just discussing what just happened? ie, anything that hasn't happened yet, from books or teasers, etc?

It's kind of dumb when every single post is spoilered and then hidden among them is a real spoiler with no warning.

Banned.

BG Level

It's kind of dumb when every single post is spoilered and then hidden among them is a real spoiler with no warning.
    el oh el

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Are you for real? Like, seriously, no trolling.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

We are obviously supposed to spoiler the spoilers with spoilers inside of spoilers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast