1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 47 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 47 minutes

View Poll Results: If there was a plugin system should it be a fee based one?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 45.00%
  • No

21 52.50%
  • Couldn't care less.

1 2.50%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Is anyone interested in the idea of a plugin based addon? (FFXIVAPP)

I'm toying with the idea of building a plugin interface for FFXIVAPP; and was wondering if this might grab anyone's attention?

Examples:
    Charting system
    Uploading of data to any site
    GUI

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Is anyone interested in the idea of a plugin based addon? (FFXIVAPP)

Sounds cool. Love ffxiv-app btw!

The only plugin I'd really desire atm, but the issue will be fixed in 2.0 anyway, is a yarnball-esque. For those unfamiliar, it let you see durations for buffs, but I'd want to see recasts for abilities on my bars that I cannot see. This way we can construct better macro palettes and not neglect things we "forget" to use. It would require an adjustable overlay of course.

biggest thing is a distance/hp plugin. I wouldn't use a program that didn't have those.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

The question being asked by the thread name and the question being asked on the actual poll is pretty um... deceptive. I'm sure people hit yes without reading the question on the poll.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Also, if FFXIV 2.0 has a user-created addon system, it would be almost completely pointless.`

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    Also, if FFXIV 2.0 has a user-created addon system, it would be almost completely pointless.`
    I was under the impression that's what was being referred to. Now I'm just confused.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Not much to be confused about really, guy looking to make some profit from an add-on system.

I voted no, I don't think something like that should be charged for. I'm sure plenty will be doing it for free, regardless. Isn't 2.0 supposed to have an API anyway for development of such things?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

2.0 will get UI addons yes.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I thought so. To clarify I'm not against donations or something of the like to support your work, but outright charging for usage would be a no.

I didn't even see the poll, what a ridiculous question.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This is what happens when your tired and posting >.> lol; to clarify yes there will be official UI addon's but having talked with SE I'm not so sure on how far they will go and I for one am not in the mood to have my screen turn into one of those crazy WoW photo's I've seen.

The addon system wouldn't be something you a customer/user would pay for. The add-on system would be for a developer; I've put over 3000 hours and $1000 of my own money into making FFXIVAPP. I haven't asked for anything in return; but if I was to unlock the rest of my API system and let other developers take app and put plugins into it; that's something I feel I might charge a small fee for; and really I do mean small.

I also will not allow any malicious plugins. I may carry a similar name; and chose it just for that reason but I will be 100% legit. SE has my source code form my last interview and I have offered contributor access as well. They are fully aware of what I'm writing.

Sorry for the confusion; I really need to think before I type >.>

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Icehunter View Post
    SE has my source code form my last interview and I have offered contributor access as well. They are fully aware of what I'm writing.
    Whoa, what? Are they looking to hire people to make official plugins or something?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Whoa, what? Are they looking to hire people to make official plugins or something?
    Windows Applications/Game Tools; I didn't get it however. They needed 5 years in Japan. I don't speak Japanese Hopefully I get a response soon on my dev request for early access; it was forwarded on after that. ^^

I have 1086 users now

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Windred Sayna
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Turalyon

If it's .NET based still, sure!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kotomi View Post
    I thought so. To clarify I'm not against donations or something of the like to support your work, but outright charging for usage would be a no.
    It's pretty arrogant of you to think you can decide how someone should price a product they made themselves. I think it's best we leave pricing decisions to producers and purchase decisions to consumers.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Inb4necr.....OHHHHHNvm

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Frein View Post
    It's pretty arrogant of you to think you can decide how someone should price a product they made themselves. I think it's best we leave pricing decisions to producers and purchase decisions to consumers.

ITT: it is arrogant to give an honest and relevant answer to the op's question.

seriously, what am I reading?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I'm arrogant for answering with my own opinion about this product, which he asked for when creating this thread? Which then led to clarification, settling the issue to begin with. Why did you post?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

The only plugin im really interested atm is world wide shouts

Tired of wondering stay un uldah for possible moogle shout or go in grid craft

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    The only plugin im really interested atm is world wide shouts

Tired of wondering stay un uldah for possible moogle shout or go in grid craft
    That's already part of the app only other people have to run it as well to see them Working on a way to get it easier.