+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 92 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    I'd almost guess that the no David Hayter thing is just to cover up the potential involvement of Solid Snake in the game somehow. Makes no sense to get a new voice actor other than to differentiate between Big Boss and Solid Snake, unless Hayter did something to piss them off or asked for way too much money.
    Except Hayter voiced both of those characters. A different VA played old Big Boss at the end of 4, but otherwise it's always been Hayter.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

It's Richard Doyle voicing Big Boss, same guy who did him at the end of MGS4 and did a fantastic job in my opinion. Easily the best choice if Hayter's not involved. The transition had to come eventually to differentiate the two individuals once the story-line possibly allowed for them to interact simultaneously. I also wouldn't put it past Kojima for Hayter to still be in the game with the appearance of a young Solid Snake.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Not gonna lie, I hope this game ends with Solid Snake parachuting into Outer Heven.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaun View Post
    Not gonna lie, I hope this game ends with Solid Snake parachuting into Outer Heven.
    isnt that like a 15-20 year time skip lol..?

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Next gen remake of Metal Gear!? MAKE IT HAPPEN.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnus View Post
    Next gen remake of Metal Gear!? MAKE IT HAPPEN.
    lol the dream sequence in mgs4 caught me by surprise.. would be cool tho

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Except Hayter voiced both of those characters. A different VA played old Big Boss at the end of 4, but otherwise it's always been Hayter.
    They have to start sounding different eventually since they already sound different in 4. You dare doubt the trolling ability and lulz factor of Kojima?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Tajin View Post
    Guess I'm buying whatever console is this for.
    End of the trailer shows for 360/PS3, though it's hard to imagine that it won't come out on PS4. On a separate note, this is supposedly 9 years after MGS3? Or 9 years after some other event? The way I'm understanding the trailer, it's a direct sequel to MGS3, but with a timeline as batshit crazy as MGS, I'm not too sure. Also... is it just me or is he missing his left hand? When the shit did this happen?

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

I think Ground Zeroes is the first game coming out and then Metal Gear 5 takes place 9 years after that?

What is Ground Zeroes even announced for?

Or Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain are the same game? I have no idea anymore, lol.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

I assumed 'Phantom Pain' was set 9 years after the events of 'Ground Zeros' which is some unknown number of years after MGS3.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

It's not that confusing lol. Ground Zeroes takes place immediately after Peace Walker, which that in itself took place ten years after Operation Snake Eater.

We're to assume something catastrophic happens during Ground Zeroes which puts Big Boss in a nine year coma and serves as the beginning of the Phantom Pain.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsuko Stark
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I assumed 'Phantom Pain' was set 9 years after the events of 'Ground Zeros' which is some unknown number of years after MGS3.
    This. Kojima tweet said that GZ is the prequel to TPP and that TPP happens 9 years after GZ.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Jornna View Post
    I think Ground Zeroes is the first game coming out and then Metal Gear 5 takes place 9 years after that?

What is Ground Zeroes even announced for?

Or Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain are the same game? I have no idea anymore, lol.
    Think Ground Zeroes is a prologue chapter for MGSV, but theres a chance it could be a separate game. Doubt Kojima would make 2 different MGS console titles at the same time, though.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ground Zeroes is very close chronologically to Peace Walker, like no more than weeks maybe. It looks like Paz wasn't shitting; Mother Base is attacked and obliterated, and it looks like most of the survivors are taken prisoner (including Chico, and depending how you read the guy from that trailer, Amanda is dead, or he's using "sister" to refer to Paz; been awhile).

Following Pacifica's defeat, Snake told Chico that he had some doubts as to whether she had indeed died, due to her ejection from ZEKE's cockpit, and the fact that had still been in her scuba gear when she landed in the ocean.

True to Big Boss's suspicions, Paz had indeed survived, and was rescued by a Belizean fisherman. However, because of her ties to Cipher, the Cipher organization had turned on her, and kept her prisoner at Camp Omega, located at the southernmost tip of Cuba with the intention of interrogating her, believing that she had been compromised. Ten days after her incarceration, Big Boss, learning of Paz's survival, as well as her being the only viable link to Cipher, had infiltrated the base to rescue her, as well as Chico, who was captured under undisclosed circumstances. As the location of Camp Omega is politically sensitive, Big Boss had to infiltrate alone. According to the XOF leader who was speaking with Chico, he had seen to Paz's (supposedly) painless demise to force Chico to participate in a Trojan Horse operation.
    Phantom Pain appears to be set 9 years after the events of Ground Zeroes (at a "Camp Omega").

As Big Boss appears to at least lose part of his left forearm, and is later shown with a mechanical replacement ala Zadornov; I don't think this is the Snatcher Project (which was made to repair BB from his injuries in MG1). Then again, who knows what will be retconned.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

MGS3 was set in 1964, 10 years later we have Peace Walker(which is set 2 years after Les Enfants Terribles, or 8 years after MGS3 if you prefer) and i'd say that GZ takes place, at most a year after Peace Walker with finally TPP taking place 9 years after the events of GZ

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'd almost guess that the no David Hayter thing is just to cover up the potential involvement of Solid Snake in the game somehow. Makes no sense to get a new voice actor other than to differentiate between Big Boss and Solid Snake, unless Hayter did something to piss them off or asked for way too much money.
    They already had Hayter in for mocap shit already no? This all just feels like a ruse to me.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Brief timeline, since there's some confusion (spoiler'd for hueg):

Spoiler: show

This is assuming they stick with TPP being 9 years after GZ.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Doyle > Hayter. Snake is done, quit looking deep in to this shit.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Doyle > Hayter. Snake is done, quit looking deep in to this shit.
    some people want whats familiar to them.
    I on the other hand just want another fucking mgs game less go

is this no-hayter thing a part of kojima's trolling?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 92 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast