+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast
    BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I can understand Hayter not being asked to voice Big Boss due to him getting older and the voice will no doubt change. Will still be weird though not hearing the scruffy voice.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    I can understand Hayter not being asked to voice Big Boss due to him getting older and the voice will no doubt change. Will still be weird though not hearing the scruffy voice.
    It'll be weird with out Hayter period. For over a decade I've associated that voice with metal gear. Sad to see it end.

Was watching the live action guyver 2 movie, and the whole time I'm thinking "oh snap snake, turn into guyver!"

I was going through the old MGS5 thread because of the link below this one and found this,

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-gear-solid-5/

Kojima: Solid Snake will return in Metal Gear Solid 5
    Hideo Kojima is believed to have told France games magazine IG that Solid Snake is set to return in the next instalment of the Metal Gear Solid franchise.The creative figurehead at Kojima Productions is quoted in full as saying:"About Metal Gear Solid 5, I can tell you two things. There will be much question of infiltration, espionage, and convincing people to give you 'a favour' like in the last Metal Gear Solid."I liked the idea of social interactions in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, but we will see. And if I say more, the female ninja public relations officer, who is behind the door, I will be carved up into pieces. So it's better that we meet again when the time comes to talk about Metal Gear Solid 5."CVG has contacted Konami about the interview - a spokesperson has declined to comment.Doubts have been raised over the legitimacy of the quote. It is being widely reported that Kojima made the claim in the July issue of IG Magazine. However, the publication's official website makes no reference to an interview with Hideo Kojima for that month.UPDATE: A spokesperson for IG has confirmed to CVG that the interview and quotes are legitimate.Kojima appears to have said "there will be a Metal Gear Solid 5 with the new FOX Engine".He added: "Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance never claimed to be a Metal Gear Solid. This is not a game about our beloved Solid Snake. It is a spinoff that tries something different. We have not yet finished with Solid Snake, despite the fact that I wanted to let him die at the end of Guns of the Patriots."PSM3 conducted an in-depth investigation of the Metal Gear Solid timeline and speculated that Metal Gear Solid 5 will be set in 1970s Africa, star Big Boss and - and maybe, just maybe - show the birth of baby Solid Snake.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Kojima confirmed no Hayter in 5. Again, could be one of his trolls, but seems set in stone so far.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Pretty happy with this decision, David Hayter sometimes forget that he is a voice actor and not a game producer, I'm glad Kojima put him in his place.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Hayter's gonna hate

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    Pretty happy with this decision, David Hayter sometimes forget that he is a voice actor and not a game producer, I'm glad Kojima put him in his place.
    Eh? If solid is appearing in this he's going to be like 11 years old or something. You can't give solid his trademark voice before he hits puberty.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    Eh? If solid is appearing in this he's going to be like 11 years old or something. You can't give solid his trademark voice before he hits puberty.
    That would just be hilarious to hear though. Old man voice for a kid.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

All I can imagine now is him poking a crab with a stick going "arhhg, crab battle".

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

All heil Trolljima.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rjhhf9

METAL GEAR V

By

David Hayter

So,

Here’s a recap of events:

I have been up in Toronto, for the past eight months, directing my first film, (WOLVES -- 2013, TF1/COPPERHEART). On the December break, I came home to Los Angeles for the holidays. I heard then, that recording sessions for MG:V were being put together.

But I didn’t hear anything about whether I’d be needed or not.

So, I got in touch with someone involved in the production. We got together for lunch, and he told me that they "wouldn’t be needing me" on this game. No reason, or explanation was given beyond that.

And that was it.

I drove home through Laurel Canyon, bummed, and thinking about Snake.

To be clear, I love being a part of the world of Metal Gear. I admire its technological innovations, the gameplay, the political message of it all. But primarily, I love the fans of these games. Two grown men burst into tears upon meeting me at the Vancouver Fan Expo last year.

Now that... Is a rare and excellent role. You know you’re making an impact.

And I love doing it.

In 1998, I tried to do come up with a voice which epitomized the kind of worn, put-upon, genetically-engineered clone-soldier that I saw Snake to be. Over time, as the games became more stunning and visually sophisticated, I tried to transition that initial voice into the increasingly real environments in which Snake found himself. My level of success is up to you, but any perceived deficiencies were not for lack of hard work. I have dedicated a huge amount of time and effort into creating a compelling character, capable of expressing the myriad emotional, physical and psychological hurdles that Snake has to face.

Anyway, now it’s been fifteen years, nine games, and an enormous blast to undertake.

If it were my choice, I would do this role forever. To hear anyone else’s voice coming from Snake’s battered throat, makes me a little ill, to be honest.

But the truth is -- it’s not my choice. Any and all casting decisions are the sole purview of Hideo Kojima, and Konami itself. And that’s fair.

And I’ll get by. I am not lacking for employment on any level.

But I didn’t want anybody to think that I was intentionally abandoning them.

And know that I will miss this job, and this character, very much.

My best wishes to you all,

David Hayter

April 1, 2013

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

april 1st..... sigh... here we go

Trust no one!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

That was pretty heartfelt.. Can't even decide if it was meant to be an April fools prank or not... But then again, he chose to post it today of all days lol

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I really should know better then to trust any thing that Kojima, and by extension Hayter, says about the Metal Gear games. Then again, they would know that I would think this.

Fuck. HATE THEM SO MUCH RIGHT NOW.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

BUT THATS JUST WHAT HE WOULD SAY IF HE WANTED TO CONVINCE US.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Not this shit again...

This is not a Solid Snake game, this is a Big Boss game. Even if they were similar characters during the Naked Snake days they are now different and must be differentiated. This was established in MGS4 by having Richard Doyle play Big Boss. If Solid were to ever make another game appearance I'm sure that they would call in David.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Not this shit again...

This is not a Solid Snake game, this is a Big Boss game. Even if they were similar characters during the Naked Snake days they are now different and must be differentiated. This was established in MGS4 by having Richard Doyle play Big Boss. If Solid were to ever make another game appearance I'm sure that they would call in David.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

If the prologue (Ground Zeroes) happens right after Peacewalker, then Hayter should be the one voicing Snake, not Doyle. Maybe it's just me, but the nine year long coma seems like the perfect time to switch VAs, not the mission that happens right after a game where Big Boss was voiced by Hayter.

Also if the MGS games keep on moving towards the years of the very first Metal Gears (where Solid Snake will appear) then they'll probably want Hayter back, so no point in getting him all butthurt now.

Gonna guess it's just more trolling for now. I loved Doyle in MGS4 either way so no matter when they make the switch I'll still enjoy the voice acting.