+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast
    You think this is the real Dmitry?
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I don't know why it never occurred to me that someone else was the VA for Big Boss in 4. I really like how David Hayter played Snake throughout the series, so it's gonna be weird that it's changed. When they changed VAs for Army of Two 2 that really put me off, but I'm such a fan of Metal Gear that I'm gonna try to overlook it. Everything so far about this new one makes me want it so bad.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I feel compelled to replay some of the games due to this, even though I didn't for MGS4. For $40 total, and the amount of hours you get out of MGS1 + HD collection (amazon), it's totally worth it. Now's the best time too, since it'll take me forever to get through them all.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    I feel compelled to replay some of the games due to this, even though I didn't for MGS4. For $40 total, and the amount of hours you get out of MGS1 + HD collection (amazon), it's totally worth it. Now's the best time too, since it'll take me forever to get through them all.
    I grabbed the HD collection for PS3, and I bought this MGS1 remake awhile ago:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Twin_Snakes

Between my Wii and PS3/Xbox, I think I am good to go.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

I am replaying right now. Playing PSX version of MGS1, which is.. interesting. CUrrently at the part with Sniper Wolf down the long hallway... this shit is wild.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Xajii View Post
    I am replaying right now. Playing PSX version of MGS1, which is.. interesting. CUrrently at the part with Sniper Wolf down the long hallway... this shit is wild.
    lol whenever I think of MGS that part is the first thing that comes to mind. I'm worried about playing the PSX/PSN version since it's not "HD" like the collection, but I'll tough it out.

Dunno what it is, but when I think of a specific MGS game there's always a character that goes along with it.

MGS1: Sniper Wolf
    MGS2: Fortune
    MGS3: The Boss
    MGS4: Liquid Ocelot

Not saying there aren't other cool bosses, but there's just a moment I remember and those characters are in it. Wolf is the corridor, Fortune is the crates, The Boss is the fucking Boss, Liquid Ocelot vs Snake was such a nostalgia bomb.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Mgs2 is the ray fight for me. That whole sequence is one giant bad ass part. So many feels too =(.

That part is really good, Fortune dies against the Rays right? I remember she had one fucking badass moment before she went down. I was actually pretty stoked to get the Railgun in MGS4.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Dunno what it is, but when I think of a specific MGS game there's always a character that goes along with it.

Not saying there aren't other cool bosses, but there's just a moment I remember and those characters are in it. Wolf is the corridor, Fortune is the crates, The Boss is the fucking Boss, Liquid Ocelot vs Snake was such a nostalgia bomb.
    I remember the first time I fought Fortune. She's blowing everything up, WTF am I supposed to do?! Then you learn later by playing the game the A.I. is terrible and can do stuff like this:

I don't remember but the damage on those bullets where pretty high right?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

That part is really good, Fortune dies against the Rays right? I remember she had one fucking badass moment before she went down. I was actually pretty stoked to get the Railgun in MGS4.
    Spoiler: show
    kinda. Ocelot reveals his betrayal to solidus, and shoots fortune in the heart after revealing her ability was just tech from the Patriots. She gets up, cause her heart is on the other side of her chest, but ocelot says fuck it and uses ray to throw a barrage of missiles at snake and crew. Fortune gets up and deflects them all to every ones amazement, then she gives a short monolog about how she's the daughter of a noble soldier and dies like a bauce.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Xajii View Post
    "Snake, we don't need a rat trap... what we need is someone who can stop that goddamn nuke from being launched!"

...or something like that if you keep shooting the rats.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by darkepyon View Post
    "Snake, we don't need a rat trap... what we need is someone who can stop that goddamn nuke from being launched!"

...or something like that if you keep shooting the rats.
    I was playing mgs2 when my brother came in and wanted to know what I was doing. I decided to show off by sniping seagulls in midair, then Rose called and chewed me out for being a horrible human being. I can't remember a time that either of us have laughed that hard.

You think this is the real Dmitry?
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    lol whenever I think of MGS that part is the first thing that comes to mind. I'm worried about playing the PSX/PSN version since it's not "HD" like the collection, but I'll tough it out.
    Honestly, I didn't play MGS til the collection for PS2 came out. You can tell it's an older game, but it's not bad by any means. On a PS3 it scaled nicely without a bunch of noticeable stretching.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Really its just the controls that.kill me. Lack of camera control is at times infuriating.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

For me it was
    Vulcan Raven (pts. 1 and 2)
    Vamp
    The End
    Raging Raven

Not that the fights you listed weren't amazing in their own right, but these were the most memorable boss fights in my opinion.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

How has no one mentioned psycho mantis?? That was an awesome fight to me at first when you realized that you have to plug your controller in the 2nd slot, and he read your memory card, thought the dialogue was awesome. Lol

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The End was my favorite boss, such an amazingly unique fight. I can't help but always end up yelling "THE FUURRRYYYYYY" when I think about MGS3 though. In fact I end up doing that with normal explosions sometimes. It's really annoying when no one understands wtf I'm doing since only one or two friends have played mgs.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    I grabbed the HD collection for PS3, and I bought this MGS1 remake awhile ago:

Twin Snakes URL.

Between my Wii and PS3/Xbox, I think I am good to go.
    I wish they'd put out an HD remake of the Twin Snakes. Wasn't there an issue within Nintendo about that? Or was it about the main theme? They released the HD Collection of 2 and 3, so I doubt it was the main theme.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Twin Snakes was developed by Silicon Knights (at the time a Nintendo second-party publisher) and published by Nintendo, so it's probably unlikely it's ever gonna see a re-release. Also, they'd have to alter/remove the bits about "SO I SEE YOU LIKE SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE..."

Aaand now I need to finish Peace Walker. Dammit. At least it's on the HD Collection so I can play it without the awful, awful PSP controls. I also haven't finished Snake Eater 3DS, although I've cleared the original at least a couple times. :c

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries