+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 92 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 ... LastLast
    Caesar Salad
    BG Level

If you're having trouble with crashing at the start up, opt into the beta patch. that fixed it for me.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Yay for finally making progress!

Decided to skip redoing the 2nd mission to complete the other objectives and focused on side-ops. Game is SO much better with an interpreter.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, I actually only completed one mission in my last playing sessions, spent the rest of the time doing side ops, lol.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Tip for those running into Mission 11 too early and having trouble and want an easy S rank
    Spoiler: show

Spot her then immediately call a supply box on her. Keep her busy by popping up every now and then to shoot you. Only need to call two supply drops.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Holy fuck. Exploring Mother Base after you get some expansions on it is amazing. This game constantly has me giddy

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

So.. GOTY? Easily?

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    Holy fuck. Exploring Mother Base after you get some expansions on it is amazing. This game constantly has me giddy
    Just don't die at Motherbase, since it resets your progress (including morale raising and side ops).

I literally just lost like 1-2 hours of progress because I was being stupid with railings and broke my legs (TO DEATH). So yeah, be careful in motherbase, especially if you do stuff there.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Haven't died there yet but did have a few broken thing (Damn you R&D platform) so thats good to know that shit gets reset back to checkpoint =/

I'm like 20 or so hours in now and unlocked Africa last night so now i'm doing side-ops to get the weapon customisation thingy unlocked, not sure if i need to actually do the first mission in Africa or just keep doing the Afghan ones until it unlocks, also starting to run into GMP problems now that i can fulton containers and vehicles since those at like 10k a pop and it quickly adds up if you head to the Main Base at the topish of the map.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

While trying to do a side ops (and failing... stupid crazy target running off) I discovered the joy of the bionic punch.

Also having Ocelot give a trainee the same advice Snake gave him early in Snake Eater was cool.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

While trying to do a side ops (and failing... stupid crazy target running off) I discovered the joy of the bionic punch.

Also having Ocelot give a trainee the same advice Snake gave him early in Snake Eater was cool.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Yeah super punch is the tits and i did chuckle at that bit, kinda a shame there was nothing said by BB

Well after what appears to be over 5 hours i've unlocked the weapon customisation and once you've got a fair number of guns unlocked i can see it being, like the rest of the game, massive.
    You do have to do the first mission in Africa for the first side-op in the chain to pop though so if you're just starting its a fair bit into it....though saying that i'm not actually sure how many main mission in total there are so it might be pretty 'soon' into the game lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yea, already vaulted from R&D platform and then a couple of others deaths. Tried to do the side ops there but finding all the targets seems like such a pain in the ass in that labyrinth lol. Found like 17 on my best run then gave up for now.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

R&D platform is the worst.... fuckin nerds designed it

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

good and bad at the same time. Shit is stuck in my head, you have been warned lol

(this is old as fuck and i've just stumbled across it?)

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Spoiler, this is game of the year.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

This game is teaching me over and over how bad I am at stealth games.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

I've spent the last year primarily playing Destiny. Its taken alot of work to get back into the stealth mindset for this game.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

So I'm kind of hitting my capacity limit in Mother Base, but I don't have enough fuel resources to expand anything. Any advice on how to farm some in Afghanistan?

For the most part I wouldn't worry about stealth overly much, just try to get as far as you can before fucking up a Reflex then take it from there. Eventually you'll get used to how enemies see you (if this is your first MGS game you'd be surprised at what you can get away with) and getting used to how much noise Snake is actually making.

Getting DD is the best though, no worrying about running into unmarked enemies. Also the Sneaking suit is your friend, you can run up to a guy until like 5m before he hears you which is generally enough time to toss them, you can also crouch and move at full speed without making any noises. If you have to go through light/exposed areas crawl and make use of stealth mode while prone if anything pops up.

As for resources I don't think you can do much until you can fulton processed materials. Just keep finding stuff as you clear outposts and villages, eventually you'll get more as the unprocessed stuff gets processed so it's really just a matter of waiting.