WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Metal Gear Solid

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Finally a movie for this franchise. Hopefully they cast a quality actor to play Snake, and it better not be Matt Damon. Also, I better see a scene with snake crawling in a box.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Oh goddamnit, I didn't have the stock held on HSX and it already exists. Missed out on a 600% dROI
    Ah well, it's still well below what it'd make even as a small box office, so in I go.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I would not mind at all if the the movie was a CGI movie similar to FF:Spirits Within. It'd be weird to have anyone but David Hayter's voice for Snake, but if they do go live action, it'll probably still be amazing.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Growing up I wanted a MGS movie. The older I got, the less I wanted one. Mostly because I didn't want the story fucked up and for all my friends and family that never played the game I didn't want them to base it off a shitty movie and think I was nuts for liking it.

Now that it's being made I am optimistic. Just let Kojima write the script himself. Not sure if I would want an original story or for the movie to be based off MGS1 or MGS3. Can see those doing very well if they just dial down the supernatural element so it doesn't confused the audience.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

MGS3's ending... I would cry something awful in theaters. baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw. Man tears of course.

So fuckin hype for this movie. Please god, just let Kojima write the damn thing.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

From M Night Shyamalan, the story of super soldier, Snok, and his partner, Rahden's mission to defeat Snok's twin brother, Liqueed.

Srsly tho, I hope they don't fuck this up. :/

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm just trying to fathom how you could tell an MGS style/relevant plot in a 2hr run time. Would need at least a trilogy.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

No one saw Escape from L.A then?

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    MGS3's ending... I would cry something awful in theaters. baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw. Man tears of course.

So fuckin hype for this movie. Please god, just let Kojima write the damn thing.
    Would've loved if they made a MGS3 movie before Linda Hamilton got fat. 'All that's left for you to take, is my life.' *sobs*

And I don't know about man tears, but I'd certainly cry like a bitch seeing that ending come to life.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    No one saw Escape from New York then?
    fixed

Tio Derp
    DHC Glitch of the House of Weave

BG Level

Anyone else see this thread and thought they were in the gaming section? lol

This was a long time coming, now to hold my breath until I see a cast lineup and synopsis.

Cloak & Dagger
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Demenic Altreas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    I would not mind at all if the the movie was a CGI movie similar to FF:Spirits Within. It'd be weird to have anyone but David Hayter's voice for Snake, but if they do go live action, it'll probably still be amazing.
    Just have David Hayter play Snake in a live action movie. I've always thought he looked like Snake anyway and I believe he's done some acting in his career. All that matters is that voice lol.

Also, if the script doesn't have a "METAL GEAR?!" line in it, I will be severely disappointed

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Hell, they could just have David Hayter play snake. The dude looks like young snake enough already.

EDIT: Err, beaten while confirming what Hayter looks like again.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Re: Metal Gear Solid

Fucking love hayter, but idk how good his acting is. Its certainly campy enough, if any of you have seen guyver 2 (the live action one), but I don't think it fits with a serious movie, which I hope this is. Something along the lines of the expendables, with slightly less humor and slightly more serious tones.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Also I don't think this will be a "No kills, no detections, less than three in movie hours" run of the Shadow Moses incident. That would be pretty fucking boring. Although it will be pretty funny how they do the whole scene where snake gets shot in the chest by a tank and just brushes it off.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

I'm going to go ahead and make you all jizz in your pants... Ready? Here... we.. go.

Spoiler: show
    An MGS trilogy starting with Snake Eater with Christopher Nolan as director and Christian Bale as Solid/Liquid Snake/Big Boss.

^ I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    I'm just trying to fathom how you could tell an MGS style/relevant plot in a 2hr run time. Would need at least a trilogy.
    There are cutscenes in MGS longer than feature length movies. Good luck whoever's making this.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    I'm going to go ahead and make you all jizz in your pants... Ready? Here... we.. go.

Spoiler: show
    An MGS trilogy starting with Snake Eater with Christopher Nolan as director and Christian Bale as Solid/Liquid Snake/Big Boss.

^ I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THAT.
    Start with Snake Eater and throughout all of MGS1's story you are wondering why the fuck Solid Snake is played by the same person as Big Boss.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Haha this is true.. Just like we were all thinking that while playing the game then you remember back to MGS1 and "oohhh"... Would be weird for people watching that didn't play MGS1.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast