1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 12 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 11 hours, 55 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 5 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 hours, 55 minutes
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Glitchy Player Characters     submit to reddit submit to twitter

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Glitchy Player Characters

I've been getting the oddest errors lately. I recently upgraded to 8GB RAM and a
    EVGA 550Ti card. Sometimes when doing events with the LS, random people will turn completely invisible (as in I cannot even target them at all) or will be in the air riding on an invisible choco.

This persisted the other nite until I logged out then back in and the character models reappeared. Sometimes it goes away when we zone but the other nite in a Castrum Novum run we zoned in and our war was showing on my screen at the entrance just floating there. I could however actually target them and when they took damage the char model by the wall would show it but not move.

Is this just the game engine being buggy as hell or perhaps a problem with my card?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

The chocobo thing is a game bug, so not much you can do there. If it's happening to you super super frequently though, it might be something else.

Invisible players, however, I cannot comment on.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Both of those things happen to me. If the invisible player changes gear, they should reappear (or if you relog), for the mid-air floating, usually running until they display ???? and then running back fixes it for me.

However, they are both fucking awful when you're a healer because LOL WHY I CANT TARGET HIM O HE'S INVISIBLE OR O HE'S FOUR HUNDRED FEET BACK IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE????

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

The not so funny thing about this bug is the fact that my computer is 2 feet away from his and I suffer none of these problems.
    He also has a very slow load on the characters on his screen. I played on his PC for 2 days and was ready to throw the PC out of the window.
    I'm not sure if something's not optimized or what.

And yeah, he is a terrible healer because of this. It seems to happen randomly so when it does happen it's usually when he can't relog and we're fucked.

The engine is a piece of shit, you see people with the best hardware coming asking the same "wtfm8" questions every few weeks because the game runs so horribly.

A thousand times over: it's the engine, we just have to deal with it till 2.0.