+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 LastLast
Results 1321 to 1340 of 1355

Thread: Lightning Returns XIII-3     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1321
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    45,720
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9

  2. #1322
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,703
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

    Been looking for a game to play. Guess Ill start xiii-2

  3. #1323
    And they're spectacular!
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    595
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Mitzy Mystfire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    Please don't let the frame rate be shit............not holding my breath though.

  4. #1324
    Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,193
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Mabubeezareel View Post
    Please don't let the frame rate be shit............not holding my breath though.
    It's gonna run like shit like the rest of the XIII games.

  5. #1325
    Leader of the Brain Eating Space Monkeys
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    429
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbeansman View Post
    It's gonna run like shit like the rest of the XIII games.
    Am I the only one who had no issues with 13 and 13-2? I am excited for 13-3

  6. #1326
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    566
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Scizor View Post
    Am I the only one who had no issues with 13 and 13-2? I am excited for 13-3
    I also didn't have many of the issues that apparently everyone but us had. It certainly could've been better (in terms of port quality), but it was still better than I expected.

    Not an unplayable mess. I guess that's a compliment?

  7. #1327
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,653
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Tidane View Post
    I also didn't have many of the issues that apparently everyone but us had. It certainly could've been better (in terms of port quality), but it was still better than I expected.

    Not an unplayable mess. I guess that's a compliment?
    Except that they were an unplayable mess. How's sub-15 FPS good when you advertise 60? I guess you were lucky but that doesn't make those ports good. This one will probably be the worst one considering how bad it looked and ran on consoles already.

  8. #1328
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,703
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

    I didnt play 13 much on pc.

    Started 13-2 last night. Frame rate in battle stays at 30 pretty much, outside of battle frame rate flies between 30-60 whenever I move. I tried lowering settings. I have the game on full screen 1440p. shadows at 4kx4k.

    Game also looks very 720p ish even at "1440p"

  9. #1329
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,653
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Adajer View Post
    I didnt play 13 much on pc.

    Started 13-2 last night. Frame rate in battle stays at 30 pretty much, outside of battle frame rate flies between 30-60 whenever I move. I tried lowering settings. I have the game on full screen 1440p. shadows at 4kx4k.

    Game also looks very 720p ish even at "1440p"
    Nothing to do with settings really, it's just not compatible with most hardware/software combinations. Mine is capped at 30 outside of battle and jumps at 60 when I remove the minimap.

  10. #1330
    And they're spectacular!
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    595
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Mitzy Mystfire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    Maybe having a Gsync monitor would help, but both games constantly dipping between 20-60 FPS made them an unplayable mess for me. Hell, even the effing LOADING SCREENS can't keep a stable 60fps.

  11. #1331
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    34,251
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Gsync only helps so much, frame rates dipping below 30 is gonna look like shit regardless.

  12. #1332

    Quote Originally Posted by Mabubeezareel View Post
    Maybe having a Gsync monitor would help, but both games constantly dipping between 20-60 FPS made them an unplayable mess for me. Hell, even the effing LOADING SCREENS can't keep a stable 60fps.
    Loading screens just tend to be an overlay that blocks out assets as they're built/drawn. So, I wouldn't personally be surprised to see FPS fluctuations.

  13. #1333
    My Little Ixion
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    8,475
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Might play this finally since Zestiria still hasn't shipped. How difficult would Aeronite and Erishkagal (sp?) be on easy/normal for a first playthrough? How important are the hard mode only gears/drops?

  14. #1334
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,659
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    I was able to beat Erishkagal on a first playthrough.

    The only thing that bugs me about hard mode is that's what unlocks a lot of the gear upgrade/customization stuff.

  15. #1335
    King Bitcher of Bitchington
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,933
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    This appeared on steam. Says release will be Dec. 10th

  16. #1336

    Out of curiosity what rigs are people running this one that they can't get good fps?

  17. #1337
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,664
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    This appeared on steam. Says release will be Dec. 10th
    JFC finally.

  18. #1338
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    34,251
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    PC version is out, only $20 with 10% off for the first week.

  19. #1339
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,045
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Seems it's actually been optimized at least on 1080..never dipped past 60FPS without having to fiddle with settings like XIII/XIII-2.

  20. #1340
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    34,251
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Maxed out every setting except for Color Correction (Standard setting looked better imo), only saw a single frame dip running on a 980M.

    For anyone who does buy the PC version, settings are at the top of the screen, if you're in full screen just scroll the mouse to the top and the bar will appear there.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag