1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 40 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 8 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 1 hours, 40 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Road Tinnies
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I cant seem to get my gf account signed up because it keeps saying a registration already exists for that account even though im logged out of my SE account. Wonder if it is IP based on the application? There is nowhere on the page that i can see to login / logout!

Any ideas?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I tried to register for the JP alpha, and signed in for that. The NA one didn't even ask me to sign in, yet said my registration was complete. I went to try again, not signed in, and it said it again. So, yeah I think it's IP based. ;/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well Summoner is confirmed as a pet job it seems : http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...mmoner-artwork

It's pretty much what it is in XI, you summon a fraction of their power.

I was prepared to hate SMN, but it sounds like it could be worth checking out. Mage tank? Interested.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Spoiler: show

Better quality pic. So excited!

Edit: Fixed a schoolboy spelling error!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

ARCANIST geezaz, there's noting arch in it

Quote Originally Posted by Demonic View Post
    I tried to register for the JP alpha, and signed in for that. The NA one didn't even ask me to sign in, yet said my registration was complete. I went to try again, not signed in, and it said it again. So, yeah I think it's IP based. ;/
    tried the EU one and it told me im not in that region lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Well Summoner is confirmed as a pet job it seems : http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...mmoner-artwork

It's pretty much what it is in XI, you summon a fraction of their power.
    We knew it was a pet job. I still see no confirmation of it being as it was in xi. I see conjecture. It very well could be, but the guy translating in the link you've posted even seems unsure what they mean by essence.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Thiefami View Post
    We knew it was a pet job. I still see no confirmation of it being as it was in xi. I see conjecture. It very well could be, but the guy translating in the link you've posted even seems unsure what they mean by essence.
    Some in this very thread said it could've been like in the early FF games which is why I linked those translations.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I didn't know chocobos always randomly jumped like that. Got me excited for a bit. :>

Also, the wyrm type mob looks pretty cool.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Oh fuck, the gridania tree shadows in the SE posted video are fucking terrible. I'm still throwing money at my speakers for the battle version of the Final Fantasy Prelude theme.

eh, i took the meaning of essence to be the same as avatars in ffxi. the true primals in the (astral) flesh would require an immense amount of power to keep on the material plane, as is the case in ffxiv. but in ffxi and i'm assuming in ffxiv too, you normally just summon an avatar that you power with your own magical energies, a sort of temporary magic vessel that allows their essence to manifest on the material plane and fight by your side. but because it's a vessel powered by only a single person, it's unable to house the full essence of the primal, so it's far weaker than if the primal had fully manifested via a buttload of crystals to power it.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

Where is the link for the NA alpha signup? NM, found it. I guess your account has to be currently active to sign up?

"You must have an active FINAL FANTASY XIV account to apply."

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satu Rhean
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Yeah I think essence means you won't be summoning Ifrit from the Primal Fight. Instead you'll be summoning an Ifrit that has a smaller/different model.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Meko View Post
    Where is the link for the NA alpha signup? NM, found it. I guess your account has to be currently active to sign up?

"You must have an active FINAL FANTASY XIV account to apply."
    I see people talking about that everywhere, but my acc is inactive and I was able to sign up.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yep me too. Account inactive, haven't played XIV after the first month of 1.0, managed to apply for Alpha.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Just applied to alpha. Getting all my friends that left the game to submit their apps.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

It says it explicitly on the requirement section that you must have an active account and be 18 or older etc. The only hitch is does that mean active sub or just an active SE account (are the two mutually exclusive)?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

applied to alpha

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by Meko View Post
    It says it explicitly on the requirement section that you must have an active account and be 18 or older etc. The only hitch is does that mean active sub or just an active SE account (are the two mutually exclusive)?
    Seems to be hit or miss for people.

Edit: Were there any new set of screenshots/concept art released for the event? I'm updating the news/info post.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast