1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 57 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -2 hours, -58 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 11 hours, 57 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by LD View Post
    I love Yoshida's work. He's really starting to channel his FFT/Ogre Battle style.
    Yoshida is amazing, and I loved both his FFT/Ogre Battle styles. I still wish we'd get a new Ogre Battle...

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post

presentation but in JP
    Listening to this is hilarious.

"Hai......... Hai!...... Hai.... Hai.... arigatou gozaimasu.... Hai!..... Haihai.... Hai!.... onegaishimasu.... hai."

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    Hmm.. well there's no estimated billing date listed yet so I might be able to get away with this. I'll switch over to crysta just in case they decide to be sneaky. Really hope the beta doesn't require an active service. The people who should be able to provide the most important feedback are the ones who played ffxiv and left because it was shit.

There's also those who left because it was shit, came back, left because it was still shit, came back, left because it was still shit, came back at 1.19ish and realized holy shit this is actually fun now and are still playing.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

1.19ish still had the same UI lag problems as before, along with many of the old problems, right? The game still wasn't worth paying real money for, imo. Feedback from people who would pay real money for a game that isn't worth it aren't going to give the type of critical feedback that is needed to ensure that the game doesn't reboot as a failure.

Some of them would though I guess. I still standby my point that people who bought the game and no longer have an active account, yet want to give 2.0 a try, would probably give the most important feedback.

The game never stopped having terrible UI lag.

Also, it's both funny and sad when we get a flood of new info like we are now and it gets people more interested in the game and logging in more often, the lag becomes noticeably worse.

Not talking about crowded Ul'dah lag either, you could be in nowhere BFE and the the menus/UI are still slower when there's more people logged in.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Makes you wonder if them "fixing" UI lag was really just due to people leaving the game.

Aside from that, the whole tanking side of Arcanist has gotten me interested in it. Wonder if it'll be a main tank sort of role or just off-tanking/soloing.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

UI is boned due to the engine/netcode, and rather than put a bandaid on it they elected to rewrite it completely. Any time I think of it, it bothers me how FFXI was able to be relatively snappy most of the time on a dialup-constrained bandwidth allotment, whereas in FFXIV even on a FIOS line you're still getting your skull caved in by Coincounter half the time through no fault of your own.

The UI is still terrible and tied to FPS. It's unresponsive and easily one of the worst aspects of the game. The first thing I'm checking in 2.0 is definitely UI responsiveness and battle mechanics. It might be harder to test server lag without fights like Ifrit to make it really obvious, but that's something I want to check out too.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by Stromgarde View Post
    UI is boned due to the engine/netcode, and rather than put a bandaid on it they elected to rewrite it completely. Any time I think of it, it bothers me how FFXI was able to be relatively snappy most of the time on a dialup-constrained bandwidth allotment, whereas in FFXIV even on a FIOS line you're still getting your skull caved in by Coincounter half the time through no fault of your own.
    In before "If you're getting hit by Coincounter's AoE you're just bad." comments.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    In before "If you're getting hit by Coincounter's AoE you're just bad." comments.
    If you're getting hit by Coincou-- oh..

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    If you're getting hit by Coincou-- oh..

Also, I'm not a huge A7X fan, and there might even be other bands in the same sort of speed/metal genre that fit the comparison better, but yeah:

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hmm that's the alpha signup, they don't need anyone's feedback yet so it doesn't matter if they're only allowing active accounts. In alpha you just test the servers and not the game itself so where's the issue here?

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

If you don't want to take that as a valid example, that's fine. Have you ever tried to see how far you can get away from a gathering point before the game actually stops you though?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I personally liked running in to Quick Nock then running 20 yalms away before it'd go off.

A. Body
    BG Level

Really hope the alternate Arcanist Job is Scholar. I wanna show mother fuckers the Reading Rainbow.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

They haven't mentioned anything about replacing skills or redoing them for 2.0 have they? As it stands now, some of the base classes would make branching to other jobs a bit wonky without SE just making an entirely new class. Or the job functioning differently than what we're used to like BRD.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Spoiler: show

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

THE GRASS LOOKS TERRIBLE!

sorry, couldn't resist.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Damn Ramuh's beard is just.... Beard ws or spawning chigoes out of it incoming!

A. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    They haven't mentioned anything about replacing skills or redoing them for 2.0 have they? As it stands now, some of the base classes would make branching to other jobs a bit wonky without SE just making an entirely new class. Or the job functioning differently than what we're used to like BRD.
    They said they were redoing skill and that MNK specifically would be almost entirely different from what it is now. Not totally sure how far they're going with the rest though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast