Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I dinged 80 on Sunday and was saddened when I realized that the 63k karma weapons are just rare quality and not exotic. So I'm sitting on 80k karma (I did a lot of WvW) with very little to buy. So now it's time to do a lot of crafting/farming I suppose to gear up.

Hit 71 this morning, myself. AH was up so I bought a bunch of supplies to skill up my armorsmithing to 316. Went from like 3/4 into 69 into 71 off those 43-some discovery synths I did in T4. Was like, holy shit. Think when I do T5 stuff, I'll use my 50% craft EXP booster and see what happens. Otherwise working on the 50-60 zones and seemingly on track for my prediction of hitting 80 before stepping into a level 70+ zone. Also decided to pimp myself out with MF (48% across all slots) to see if that's worth it.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Not much of an accomplishment but did a story quest with Kat and I got the good outfit!

Spoiler: show

Claimed the first WvW tower for the guild in the Eternal Battlegrounds. Go Crystal Desert!
    Spoiler: show

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    400 weaponsmithing last night, and made my exotic greatsword with some help from Zz. :D
    Armorsmithing is a pain in the ass, grats on that. Leveling it is a loss almost all the time, and a big one. >< I was able to pretty much make money the entire time leveling Jeweler, but I've got my Armorsmith to 265 and it is just all huge losses no matter what stuff I can make.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Everything in this game is a loss. Nothing makes money. The market is fucked lol

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Dinged 80 this morning and hit 400 Huntsman, crafted my Exotic bow, am now poor as fuck.

Feelsgoodman

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    Everything in this game is a loss. Nothing makes money. The market is fucked lol
    You can make a decent profit with Jewler if you know what stuff to make, although that profit is slowly fading away as more people catch on lol.

BG Level

Because of how this game is designed, the supply of equipment will always eventually supersede the demand. Gear is so easy to obtain in this game, and the stats of it are very rarely significant compared to what you were wearing before it.

Personally, I just see crafts as another hurdle for your legendary.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The good gear soul binds though so it doesn't recirculate into the economy, that helps some.

It's all about dem looks. That and exotic gear at 80 isn't exactly super easy to get. As long as new people are hitting 80, I think 400-skill crafting can make money. You've just... gotta wait for the slow people to catch up is all, I guess.

BG Level

The game has been out for 10 days and people have multiple crafts maxed out... Gear is super easy to get.

The vast majority of people are not level 80 nor do they have crafts maxed out. Also, if gear is super easy to get where should I go to get full exotics for level 80? I just hit 80 earlier today and the best I can come by is rares for the time being.

BG Level

I'm not 80 either, nor have maxed crafts. But if thousands of people can do it within a week, it really can't be that difficult to obtain casually within a month or two.

You'd be incredibly surprised. Some people level really, really slowly. I know a ton of people still in their mid-20's to low-30's. There's a massive disparity between the "hardcore" players and the "casual" players in MMOs these days.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Do you guys have a good link to a guide to the mystic forge and also how the legendaries work? The way you talked about crafting earlier it sounds like I would need to make my own legendary to get one.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Arelian View Post
    You'd be incredibly surprised. Some people level really, really slowly. I know a ton of people still in their mid-20's to low-30's. There's a massive disparity between the "hardcore" players and the "casual" players in MMOs these days.
    I would count myself as bordering on hardcore still after all these years. However, my partner and I's playtime is limited by her school schedule, so I am only 50. People tend to want to take their time leveling in a game filled with exploration. A lot of people I know are 80 but most of them took some sort of shortcut to the level through crafting something to 400 (or multiple things). Its just a matter of perspective, I am completely enjoying my leveling time. Unlike in other games (*cough*WoW*cough*) where I felt like I needed to get to the new cap asap so the real game could begin.

I've been able to sell the 15 mat version of things for profit, but not much. Green or Blue is pretty much a loss since drops are competitive, even if maybe a few levels later in potential. I haven't bothered to price my armorsmithing's mythril phase yet since getting it to where it is now on top of making myself a level 70 gear set left me close to broke. Probably gonna wind up sitting on it until I get into 70+ zones. Then I'll basically be repeating the process for weaponsmithing since I want to get the greatswords. x.x

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

hit lvl 40 today

Hit 400 armorsmithing, now I gotta farm up 30 ecto and 90 armored scales to make my exotic set. Hooo boy.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast