1405.639 Ehmry Bay
    1332.269 Darkhaven
    1120.529 Northern Shiverpeaks
    1115.636 Ferguson’s Crossing
    1040.031 Borlis Pass
    861.837 Devona’s Rest
    669.879 Kaineng
    Since when?

Mistook kaineng for vizuna, silly canthan names.

Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post
    Lost our fully upgraded keep and orb when the other 2 servers ganged up on us. Also lost every point on our own map.

We decided that just wasn't acceptable.

It's nice not having to deal with servers with huge oceanic guilds since we have like zero overnight presence.

Wait, wait... Which keep did we lose? Not AH keep in TC Borderlands, was it? We've had that shit maxed out and on lockdown for days now! Currently reinstalling, so I can't check for myself.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Finally... hit 80. Took us a while but the journey was incredibly enjoyable.

Elementalist feels considerably weak at 80 but we are hopeful that the profession will see a little survivability buff soon.

Spoiler: show

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by niwaar View Post

[/spoiler]
    3 weeks and 1 day is "a while"?

Compared to 5 days which alot of the community averaged, it is a while.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Compared to 5 days which alot of the community averaged, it is a while.
    I prefer not to be lumped in w/the ppl who have nothing to do but sit around and play a mmo. "a lot" is a very subjective statement. I'd say only a small amount of the population hit cap w/in 5 days ago... Unless you got some proof there

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Considering how linear the leveling curve is and how much the game loves to throw massive chunks of xp at you regardless of what you're doing, yes, 3 weeks is a very long time to have taken to hit 80, which is no problem and I fail to see why it was questioned up to begin with, but still.

tol

who cares what your estimation of "a while" is Katlan? it's an accomplishment thread

Grats Niwaar, I'm torn between ele and guardian for a 2nd character. I love how human ele look though

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    3 weeks and 1 day is "a while"?
    Honestly, I think thats less time than it took for us to get to 50 in Aion. Tera was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Considering how linear the leveling curve is and how much the game loves to throw massive chunks of xp at you regardless of what you're doing, yes, 3 weeks is a very long time to have taken to hit 80, which is no problem and I fail to see why it was questioned up to begin with, but still.
    A lot of people are still in their mid 50s. Mostly because not everyone is an mmo addict or just plain trying to level through WvW (which can be fast or slow depending on the time of day.) Then you have people like some of our guildmates who have level 80 alts, or in some cases 2 60+ alts and an 80 main. All really depends on if you are able to play for more than 4 hours a day. Some people have work and studies.

Quote Originally Posted by tol View Post
    who cares what your estimation of "a while" is Katlan? it's an accomplishment thread

Grats Niwaar, I'm torn between ele and guardian for a 2nd character. I love how human ele look though
    Probably didn't realize, but Katlan and I leveled together.

As for your statement about ele or guardian... I would completely suggest guardian. Elementalist is a glass cannon no matter how you spec and gear yourself in PvE (PvP is a different kettle of fish). We have versatility and can be fun to play, but at the end of the day, there are some real problems with the profession in the PvE realm that need looking at. While Guardian is a sturdy and extremely useful class in PvE and Dungeons (not to mention they are awesome node protectors in PvP/WvW).

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yay, they FINALLY fixed the bugged skillpoints. Was driving me crazy with my OCD.

I guess this is an achievement 5/6 on forging rares into exotics. named axes include Labyrs & maw of the damned. i swear this game wants me to make the axe and not the greatsword legendary.

What's that process involve, anyway? The one with the 4x corresponding mat part or whatever? Then what of the base item?

Quote Originally Posted by niwaar View Post

Elementalist feels considerably weak at 80 but we are hopeful that the profession will see a little survivability buff soon.

Spoiler: show
    Elementalist is one of the most durable classes in the game when specced and geared properly. Elementalist is incredibly strong and a very good class, it just needs some minor bug fixes and slight buffs to some skills/elites, mainly the conjure weapon ones(They're barely useless, they're so close to being useful but just not there) and 2 in downed state needs to actually do something.

You also do not lose damage by speccing/gearing for survival.

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    What's that process involve, anyway? The one with the 4x corresponding mat part or whatever? Then what of the base item?
    4 cheap rare weapons into the forge and pray to the gods of RNG. If your aiming for a specific weapon type (axe etc.) throw 4 of that type in. i just started with axes because greatswords were being total dicks and cost 1/3rd more than every other rare and i can make my own greatswords easily enough anyway.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Elementalist is one of the most durable classes in the game when specced and geared properly. Elementalist is incredibly strong and a very good class, it just needs some minor bug fixes and slight buffs to some skills/elites, mainly the conjure weapon ones(They're barely useless, they're so close to being useful but just not there) and 2 in downed state needs to actually do something.

You also do not lose damage by speccing/gearing for survival.
    I second this. I wade through groups of mobs like it's nothing, CC them, apply condition and then laugh as they all fall over. Also, went through TA last night with 3 Ele, a rng and a guardian and it was one of my fastest runs yet. Scepter/dagger can keep your entire group at 12 might without much effort.

I really think Ele who for some reason believe staff is the only weapon they can use are giving the class a bad rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Belragga View Post
    I really think Ele who for some reason believe staff is the only weapon they can use are giving the class a bad rep.
    welcome to the world of warrior, where greatsword is apparently all you need to win.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    welcome to the world of warrior, where greatsword is apparently all you need to win.
    Rifle > Greatsword (in PvP)

Gonna agree there, especially with piercing set. But I'd also peg that more on the general advantage of ranged fighting alongside the frequency of WvW basically being zerg vs zerg.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Belragga View Post
    It really is though. I cringe when i see dagger Ele's in WvW as i know they'll be dead before they can contribute. Staff Ele specced fully into water and support is beyond amazing.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast