1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 12 hours, 26 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 11 hours, 33 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 5 hours, 26 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 hours, 33 minutes
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sager to play FFXIV     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Sager to play FFXIV

I know these questions have been asked multiple times and I know building a desktop is far better for gaming than a laptop. I have a Mac, but need a laptop because most of my college professors use PC and not Mac. Since I have to get one anyway, I might as well try and get something that can play FFXIV and Guild Wars 2 since I want to play those bad now. I've been reading rumors about FFXIV getting some less intense spec requirements with 2.0's release, but no one has confirmed it. With that in mind I've picked 3 different laptops to choose from.

Sager NP3260 because it looks sleek, the graphics card will play XIV, but I have no idea at what setting, and it's at the perfect price range for my budget.

Sager NP6165 because of it's graphics card. It doesn't look as sleek as the 3260, but if higher power is needed then I'll have to do with. This one cost over $900 which is something I wasn't planning to go over, but if I can talk some half ways with paying things then I can get it.

Acer Aspire V3-571G This one has a graphic card in the middle of the two Sagers, is the lowest price, but I don't know two much about it. I need to spend as little money as possible while still getting the overall benefit I'm looking for. Would anyone be kind enough to help me out here?

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iyokuu View Post
    I've been reading rumors about FFXIV getting some less intense spec requirements with 2.0's release, but no one has confirmed it.
    Not a rumor at all. They've openly came out and said that they are seeking to make the game available to low end computers however the exact specs haven't been released.

I'm not a good judge for laptops, the two I used in college both broke after owning them only a year. I highly recommend you make sure you save your school projects onto a flash or portable HDD. Laptops tend to explode a week before you turn in your school final projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Iyokuu View Post
    Sager NP3260 because it looks sleek, the graphics card will play XIV, but I have no idea at what setting, and it's at the perfect price range for my budget.
    I would opt for this one. At least the graphics card will run FFXIV and it's in your budget range.
    But that's purely on those two points. As I said, not a laptop person.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    Not a rumor at all. They've openly came out and said that they are seeking to make the game available to low end computers however the exact specs haven't been released.
    Well, Alpha requirements are there, although they will probably change with time:

Alpha Test Minimum System Requirements
    OS Windows® XP 32bit, Windows® Vista 32/64bit, Windows® 7 32/64 bit
    CPU Intel® Core™2 Duo
    Memory 2GB
    Available space on hard disk/SSD 20GB
    Graphics card NVIDIA® Geforce® 8800 Series
    Screen resolution 1280x720
    Connection type ADSL
    Connection speed 1.5Mbps

Alpha Test Recommended System Requirements
    OS Windows® 7 64 bit
    CPU Intel® Core™ i5