1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 19 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 21 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 12 hours, 19 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Voted yes just so I can level blm during that time and then refuse to do it when it actually counts, because fuck blm.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

voted no. not playing atm anyway lol..
    will definitely pop in for the Nov finale tho

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    Why? The people who want to play can vote for themselves. If they outnumber the others, they'll get to play. If they don't, it's a waste of time, money, and resources keeping it up for that few of a number of people.

You're assuming they will put any resources into it at all. The way I read Yoshi's letter was 'there will be little to no support'. If it's all the same to me I rather put my vote towards those who wanna play. Theres a very simple solution for those who don't want to play post save, don't. I personally do not believe it will impact 2.0s progress one way or the other.

A. Body
    BG Level

They said in the poll there will be GM support. I'd rather just not waste ANY money on GMs or general server upkeep even if it's just the power bill. It really isn't worth it for the piece of shit that the game currently is.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Haha, what? The GM support that they have right now may as well not even be there. I see so many cases of "The GM I called didn't do shit."

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It's completely pointless. What are people going to do on 1.0 if no character data is saved? Practice playing a version of the game that will be obsolete? And where the shit are these people now if they need more days of fucking around with nothing to show for it?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The main shitty argument is "being able to stay in touch with friends"

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    It's completely pointless. What are people going to do on 1.0 if no character data is saved? Practice playing a version of the game that will be obsolete? And where the shit are these people now if they need more days of fucking around with nothing to show for it?
    Or... OR they might run some fun, non-canon events or something that may end up being fun, or continuously run the end of the world event so everyone who may have missed it can still go through it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Burningthought View Post
    Or... OR they might run some fun, non-canon events or something that may end up being fun, or continuously run the end of the world event so everyone who may have missed it can still go through it.
    Well no. If I'm reading it right the "end of the world" is gonna happen before servers go down and it's a live event. Even if they keep the servers up you won't be able to repeat it because it's done already... that's why they said that whatever you do then is not even canon in the story, you're supposed to be gone from Eorzea.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by Burningthought View Post
    They won't. He says in the letter to avoid the fact that the you being in the world doesn't make sense because of the live event that will be happening.