+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

What I would like them to do is give incentives, maybe increased karma gain for level 80s, to go back and do low level events.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Only complaint really is the more frequent bugged events and skill location points I'm coming across.

Dungeon reward system sucks badly right now, and I hope they fix. There is no incentive to run a dungeon from start to finish vs spamming a couple bosses for tokens from chests. Ideally completing a dungeon should give massive rewards, with how challenging they are, but right now quick farming is becoming the main source of obtaining gear from every dungeon.

The option should be to finish the dungeon, and gain enough tokens for a peice of armor per run, or spam boss chests quickly. Just have the time spent and difficulty determine the reward

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    The option should be to finish the dungeon, and gain enough tokens for a peice of armor per run, or spam boss chests quickly. Just have the time spent and difficulty determine the reward
    Then we'll just spam the easiest paths and the rest will just be ignored.

Not saying the situation wouldn't be better with that change, but really there are a lot of things they need to work on to make dungeon runs enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    Then we'll just spam the easiest paths and the rest will just be ignored.

Not saying the situation wouldn't be better with that change, but really there are a lot of things they need to work on to make dungeon runs enjoyable.
    Then they can easily reward the end of the dungeon according to difficulty or time it takes, since they are all not equal. Or another easy thing to do is give a reward for a specific path, be it a special token for a particular equipment that only that path gives, or armor skin of the sort.

The thing is if we have multiple options to complete all the different dungeons then people wont have to just flock to the easiest always. I would rather have the option to be able to, in time gain tokens in all dungeons for different gear sets. Not just stick the one everyone does cus its easiest, the thing is dungeon armor was supposed to be the thing to show that you and your team are good players, and not just the ability to stomach a 20 min speed run 100 times.

In my opinion, beating a challenging dungeon and being well rewarded is just way more fun, than doing a speed run over and over for the same reward. Having something substantial at the end of a dungeon run should be there, right now there is nothing

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Or another easy thing to do is give a reward for a specific path, be it a special token for a particular equipment that only that path gives, or armor skin of the sort.
    That's how it should've been done, I ended up grinding 1300 CoF tokens for the gloves, boots, chest, shoulder and weapon, all of them where done on the second path, which take 20ish minutes to do and is stupidly easy and mind numbingly boring, nobody wanted to try the other paths, almost everyone believes they are bugged or some shit.

The hot thing to do right now is grinding the two first bosses in the third path of Arah, clearing the first pull, pulling the boss with a ranged weapon and bringing it back to the first room, and then jumping a wall that leaves you right infront of the second boss, boom, 8 tokens in probably less than 10 minutes, rinse and repeat.

With things like this going around. they're (the models) not even special at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Icarian View Post
    That's how it should've been done, I ended up grinding 1300 CoF tokens for the gloves, boots, chest, shoulder and weapon, all of them where done on the second path, which take 20ish minutes to do and is stupidly easy and mind numbingly boring, nobody wanted to try the other paths, almost everyone believes they are bugged or some shit.

The hot thing to do right now is grinding the two first bosses in the third path of Arah, clearing the first pull, pulling the boss with a ranged weapon and bringing it back to the first room, and then jumping a wall that leaves you right infront of the second boss, boom, 8 tokens in probably less than 10 minutes, rinse and repeat.

With things like this going around. they're (the models) not even special at all.
    dude! loll I did some arah over the weekend and almost lost my mind from the repetition and boredom. I duno how people can just do that all freaking day. I did go further in with one group and we couldnt get past that mid boss that owns everyone. but it was damn fun. there was this hot potato phase that was needed to open a door. I want a reason to push forward, anet needs to make some changes. I remember when they spoke of completing the dungeon as the means to rewards. Right now no one gives a shit about completing.

Its true now the skins wont even be all that special. the way they were meant to be with the system in place. Anyone and everyone can in time get them, those armors were supposed to basically be the thing that separated a good group of players from the others.

I do want that arah GS and legs, rest of the set can die.

Place the armor merchants at the end of the dungeons. That would work. lol like in GW1 having to unlock the crafter npc in FoW lol

Btw someone start a dungeon tactics thread or something.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Biggest complaint from me atm is how most events scale horribly when you get over like 7 people. I say most because some boss fight events scale better than others (Claw of Jormag is probably the best tuned event in the game right now). Events need to do more for scaling other than just adding copies of the same mob with the same amount of HP, because you could add 10 or you could add 100, but they'll still all get burned down with AoE in 5 seconds.

Also would love to see some better reward scaling for doing lower level events at level 80. I'm cool with karma grinding, but not if I have to look at Orr for the entire duration that i farm my 1m~ karma needed for a legendary.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

dude! loll I did some arah over the weekend and almost lost my mind from the repetition and boredom. I duno how people can just do that all freaking day. I did go further in with one group and we couldnt get past that mid boss that owns everyone. but it was damn fun. there was this hot potato phase that was needed to open a door. I want a reason to push forward, anet needs to make some changes. I remember when they spoke of completing the dungeon as the means to rewards. Right now no one gives a shit about completing.

Its true now the skins wont even be all that special. the way they were meant to be with the system in place. Anyone and everyone can in time get them, those armors were supposed to basically be the thing that separated a good group of players from the others.

I do want that arah GS and legs, rest of the set can die.

Place the armor merchants at the end of the dungeons. That would work. lol like in GW1 having to unlock the crafter npc in FoW lol

Btw someone start a dungeon tactics thread or something.
    I think the issue here is unfortunately with the players, rather than the game. Some paths are always gonna be harder than others, it'd be nice to have a perfect balance between them, but with how varied the objectives usually are, it's not really feasible and depending on your party comp you're likely to find one easier than the others. The issue is that most MMO players now just want stuff to be handed to them in the fastest means possible. I have fucking loved every dungeon I've done so far, and whilst I want to do every single path to try them out, most players just want to do the fastest in an effort to grind, even if they've yet to complete every path yet themselves.

Anti-crusade crusader
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

When going into a lower level area, I wish we would be 2 levels below recommended, rather than 2 above. As is, it's extremely pathetic to go back to the noobie areas anything higher than 20. If it was 2 below the recommended level, we would be presented with a higher challenge and the benefit of a higher level would only be more traits/skills. Oh, and please fix the Engineer. I'm not saying it's weak or underpowered. I'm saying it's broken by the large amount of bugs from kits and them not scaling properly with weapon choice.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Re: Random Complaint Thread: "GW2 is a bigger letdown than FFXIV"

I've been hit by 2 personal story bugs so far post 60. Some quest about saving researchers and the next one about blowing up towers.

I'm surprised they didn't so tests where they'd give everyone level 60+ characters to play with...

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I think this game still suffers from the same job system used by every other* (not ffxi) MMO. Not that I want to get in to RPing, but every single MMO that I've played after FFXI feels so isolated in combat/general gameplay that over time it really diminishes my enjoyment for the game.

What I mean is: when I created Ohemgee back in the day, I created ONE character because tarutaru's were the shit and I could be anything that I wanted to excel at. I chose to play RDM and I was a beast at that play style. But when needed, I could change classes to whatever I had leveled and that literally transformed my play style. Yes I had to level each class up, which created the grind that we're all too familiar with, but it gave us something to do because well, thats just how FFXI was designed (Job/SJ system). It wasn't genius 1-75, but at end game it created SO many strategies for ALL parts of end game (RDM/DRK for dynamis lord, RDM/WHM for parties, RDM/NIN solo, etc.)

What really would of made this game A LOT more enjoyable:

The combat system with switching weapons in and out had so much potential to expand in to the job system (NOT like ff14 where swapping weapons = swapping classes).

1-80 as an elementalist felt so annoying doing the same rotation over and over again. After getting to 80 I kind of regretted leveling elementalist and wanted to play another job, but playing another class also felt annoying.

A "profession" shouldn't be a role I'm absolutely limited to, I should be allowed to swap professions and learn axe/axe warrior then swap to ranger and learn axe/axe ranger and so on (use leftover skill points at 80 to buy slot purchases). What if I wanted to play as a Ranger while leveling and be able to swap jobs for WvW? The word balance shouldn't be thrown out there because the classes ARE engaging enough that everyone has different play styles AND people are ALREADY level 80 in WvW automatically. The same can be said for sPVP (which I don't think is an issue really since its an even playing field).

It would make the current state of dungeons a lot easier than it already is (but thats a flaw in design because whose to say that a static group of friends have found the perfect combination of classes for every dungeon?)

It would make A LOT of sense for me to enjoy the game 1-80 if I had the ability to switch classes and play styles (not on the fly). Keep the weapon skill system. Keep the fact I can swap crafting professions. Keep the leveled cap areas and scaled events. Just don't make me play alts anymore, that shit is annoying as fuck.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

RDM was the most overpowered bullshit class I ever played in a MMO.

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    RDM was the most overpowered bullshit class I ever played in a MMO.
    Avesta disagrees

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Well he should. He and Grendal were the beginning of that shit lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    I think the issue here is unfortunately with the players, rather than the game. Some paths are always gonna be harder than others, it'd be nice to have a perfect balance between them, but with how varied the objectives usually are, it's not really feasible and depending on your party comp you're likely to find one easier than the others. The issue is that most MMO players now just want stuff to be handed to them in the fastest means possible. I have fucking loved every dungeon I've done so far, and whilst I want to do every single path to try them out, most players just want to do the fastest in an effort to grind, even if they've yet to complete every path yet themselves.
    the fact that people spam reset and farm easy bosses for COSMETIC GEAR is hilarious

Spamming the easiest path? Ok, i'm fine with that, at least you finish the entire dungeon. Spamming the first two bosses of arah? gtfo.

RE: Random Complaint Thread: "GW2 is a bigger letdown than FFXIV"

That's my point it shouldn't even be an option, that can be done.
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

I didn't know you could just run through and skip half of the pulls of TA. This is FFXIV-levels of silly.

Sometimes I really miss Blizzard's dungeon design.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Aristio View Post
    Oh, and please fix the Engineer. I'm not saying it's weak or underpowered. I'm saying it's broken by the large amount of bugs from kits and them not scaling properly with weapon choice.
    psh, get on necro's level https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...-compilation-1

My class is so buggy it is sometimes an actual detriment to myself and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohemgee View Post
    Still in love with XI after all these years.
    Why do people hate on 1 character = 1 class? i really don't get it.