BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post
    There's no way anyone, let alone a thief, can 1v1 a ranger unless they're a shitty longbow ranger or the ranger is terrible. They currently have no weakness if specced properly.
    Completely agree, though a smart ranger can make proper use of a utility like a Longbow. Longbow users who main it.. are retarded, but those who swap to it at proper times (a couple enemies near a cliff? Point Blank Shot in the ass, gtfo) oh.. and guarding spots in the jump puzzles with it is fun as hell. Also it's good for either speed-killing those teleporting pricks after they die (Quickening Zephyr + Rapid Fire) or Zephyr + the flag throw.

But yeah, short bow rips just about anyone a new one. Only ones I've had issues with were guardians who didn't suck, which are few and far between. Most times I die, it's to a gank.

A strat I do use though is when I"m in the back, I'll pop my elite, swap pets for the quickening, pop Rapid Fire and deal around 15-17k damage there, then pop Quickening Zephyr and pop another Rapid Fire.. then swap to Shortbow and go to town. It's such a good tool.. just not a good main weapon.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

We generally send 2 rangers or an ele + ranger to take back supply camps from 8-10 + opponents (as long as there's no siege of course).

I hate rangers with a passion but that's only because I'm completely jealous of them. It's really a joke at this point what they're capable of. We joke about how at some point they can expect a huge nerf but then they keep getting buffed.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

We generally send 2 rangers or an ele + ranger to take back supply camps from 8-10 + opponents (as long as there's no siege of course).

I hate rangers with a passion but that's only because I'm completely jealous of them. It's really a joke at this point what they're capable of. We joke about how at some point they can expect a huge nerf but then they keep getting buffed.
    I guess we can blame awful Rangers out there for making themselves look terrible, then giving that small percentage of competent players chances for dem buffs.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Tell me of your secrets, Katlan. Goddamn heartseeker spam (pre-nerf) raped my poor lil mesmer.
    Sword / pistol & GS. Pretty much anytime somebody tried to sneak up on me and I run into somebody solo/duo who try to kill me:

Start on pistol > illusion > switch to GS > illusion > then (situational) either use the disenchanter illusion or use the invisi elite skill which gives you enough time to switch back to pistol and get ur 3rd illusion out. I use w crit/bleed build and most ppl try to kill me and don't pay much attention to my illusions... But crit/bleed illusions rape faces w/high enough crit and GS and pistol both have enough CC moves to either stun or push the person back.

Pretty much, once I get 2-3 illusions out, unless the person is smart and goes for my illusions first, they die fast. I also like the mantra heal because it has no cast time and you can use it while stunned, ect

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

There's no way anyone, let alone a thief, can 1v1 a ranger unless they're a shitty longbow ranger or the ranger is terrible. They currently have no weakness if specced properly.
    I don't know what to tell you. A ranger is the last thing I worry about. I think everyone just likes jumping on the ____ is overpowered/has to weakness instead of finding the proper way of dealing with them. If they have the potential for damage I havn't seen it.

On another note blind is really op.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Hioki View Post
    I don't know what to tell you. A ranger is the last thing I worry about. I think everyone just likes jumping on the ____ is overpowered/has to weakness instead of finding the proper way of dealing with them. If they have the potential for damage I havn't seen it.

On another note blind is really op.
    There's just no way to deal with them. They can apply conditions on you faster than you can get rid of them and their pets remove conditions off them every 3 seconds. Their heals, along with their 20k + Hp pool, and defensively specced is a freaking pain.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Never had any problems with rangers as a gsword/rifle warrior. Kill shot is ridiculous.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

There's just no way to deal with them. They can apply conditions on you faster than you can get rid of them and their pets remove conditions off them every 3 seconds. Their heals, along with their 20k + Hp pool, and defensively specced is a freaking pain.
    Which trait helps pets deal with your conditions every 3 seconds? Granted I rarely get conditioned as it is as I'm always far enough away from shit I don't really focus heavy on my pet stuff as i could. Looking into some of that.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Empathic Bond. I dunno if it's 3 seconds.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I'll echo Katlan's Ranger comments, as a Mesmer; ignore the pet and DPS down the ranger, and they either die or run off, without much damage to me. Really, only warriors give me a problem (and by problem, decimate me if evenly geared), and though I've been thinking about Moa Bird, for countering them, but it's just too situational to drop the Stealth Elite skill. A couple of thiefs have put some heavy pressure on me, if they catch me off guard, but everything else I take in stride because most people just freak out at four targets on them. Five is my Tropical Bird procs...

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

As a warrior, the only class that's given me issue is Thief because of how easily they can run away with their stealth/heal and jump back into combat.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

It may just be a case of never having fought a real good one, but as a Guardian I will cosign the "I don't give a fuck about Rangers". Never really took issue with them no matter what build I'm using. I can teleport to them and then give them no opportunity to run (Binding Blade with GS, Line of Warding with Staff, etc), reflect or block their burst skills with Wall of Reflection or a guard skill, etc. I imagine other classes may take issue with condition based rangers, but Guardian has 10 million ways to deal with them (conditions, that is) so I've never seen it as a problem. Ranger burst skills are all pretty heavily telegraphed so unless you're waiting for CDs there's a way to mitigate most of the damage from them. As for sPvP, there's so much terrain you can abuse to avoid Rangers, and my build is defensive + Spirit Weapons. I can literally block and heal up the damage they do to me whilst my Spirit Weapons fuck em up, ain't no running from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    As a warrior, the only class that's given me issue is Thief because of how easily they can run away with their stealth/heal and jump back into combat.
    This is where whirlwind comes in handy, as soon as you see them stealth just doubletap 3 in the direction and boom, out of stealth. i havn't lost to a thief once.

wtf lol

There's a reason all the top players play mesmer and THF in SPVP.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    wtf lol

There's a reason all the top players play mesmer and THF in SPVP.
    Because you can face-roll your way to victory, potentially.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Well, my understanding of SPvP isn't so much the individual's contribution as it is actually winning the various games. I have a pretty good understand Mesmer's capabilities, as I play one, but it's not invincible, nor are the Thiefs I've taken down. I'll eventually get into SPvP but I'm not too interested in it atm.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Mesmer's can portal-repair trebs and Thieves are built around harassment. It shouldn't be any surprise that those things shine through the first months meta-game.

PvP is more MOBA than MMO, and youll have to wait for comps to evolve past the basics. You're already starting to see Eng turret builds counter excessive repairs if you bring a portal mesmer to do nothing else.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

What do you mean by portal-repair?

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    What do you mean by portal-repair?
    In khylo theres a treb, mesmers run with repair kits & use portals to make it go alot faster meaning you can continually siege any of the control points (usually clocktower).

Tagus

dunno if anybody noticed, but I think servers are down. If you zone, you might get kicked and not be able to get back on. FYI